Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

3.9

Not tested on animals

Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is terrible. It settles down in lines, makes skin look older and duller. It also shows all the dry spots even if you have a few. It accents every single imperfection. It doesn't go on smooth. It is hard to apply with any brush. It feels like a scam, literally dust in the container. It is also pricey ($13 plus shipping on Amazon). I would not recommend this to anyone. They also sent me samples of bronzer and blush which were hard to blend and the colors were unnatural.

For many years I used Everyday Minerals products for foundation, powder and blush, but eventually I switched to liquid foundations and haven't really ever looked back! I recently moved and have yet to bring all my makeup with me to my new place so every time I go back to visit my parents, I bring a few more items with me (that way the OH won't realise just how big my collection is as it will grow bit by bit...). I came across a half finished pot of EDM Finishing Dust and thought I would just bring it with me, as you always need finishing powder, especially if you're as oily as I am. Anyway, I started using this over my Mac Pro Longwear foundation and I was blown away! It gave me a velvety finish to my skin and definitely helped to keep the oil away even longer. It helped to blur out the texture of my skin and created a very smooth yet not artificial looking surface to my skin. I tried this with my BB cream as well and it gave the same effect. I'm NC15 and it didn't alter the colour of my foundation in any way. I will definitely be re-purchasing once I have finished my current finishing powder.

on 4/1/2013 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

works, gives me the matte finish i want. holds up to 3h more than my other powders. i have combination skin, really oily forehead/T-zone and dry cheeks.

won't be using it though. makes me break out like mad on my cheeks and not on my T-zone for some reason. i use it one day, next day i wake up with bumps all over the cheeks

im sure it works for other people, just not for me

on 12/30/2012 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Very, very similar to my favorite BE Mineral Veil!! Contains mainly cornstarch, which makes the pores look smaller, yet leaves no "white cast" like the silica powders do (and silica usually irritates my skin as well), especially when taking photos with flash...

Really, really nice powder well worth the money!! The only difference between this and the BE Mineral veil is the color; the BE is more cool/pinkish and this one (even the original shade, not the sunlight one) is more towards yellow....if compared besides each other...

Cornstarch is perfect for my extremely sensitive, acne-prone skin!!

I'm so used to my BE that I prefer it, but if I couldn't get it in time one day I'd reach for this...

Recommended!! :D

on 5/24/2012 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Really nice. If you have a shiny face, just put this one and it looks awesome! I've used it in my t-zone the most, and with it, it looks really good..

on 5/28/2011 1:09:00 PM

I don't know why I waited so long to try this stuff! I have EXTREMELY oily skin and have tried everything to no avail. I have tried so many different foundations, primers, powders, etc. I got a sample of this and was shocked at how it kept the oil away. I figured it must have been a fluke. Well, I've been using this now for about six months and it works so well that I forget I even have oily skin. If you have normal or dry skin don't even bother using this. Sometimes I don't even have to reapply it during the day, or if I do it's only once. Before using it I had to blot my face at least five times a day, re-powder at least four times, and then reapply foundation and powder at least once. Now I put on my foundation (Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Make-up), dust on this powder, and I'm good to go for the day. I used their Kaolin powder before this stuff, but didn't really like it. I'm hooked for life! I really hope they never discontinue it. I think the key ingredient in this is the cornstarch. And it's cheap and lasts me several months.

I bought this product a long time ago along with a few of their powder foundations. I really had no use for it because I didn't need another finishing powder on top of powder foundation. I rediscovered this product recently and found a great way to use it. Because it's winter time right now, and my skin is on the drier side (especially on my cheeks), I am using a cream foundation (Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse). I usually set my foundation with MAC MSF Natural. But it started to look a little chalky because my skin is so dry right now. I realized that I needed a loose powder instead of a pressed powder to reduce the look of dryness and skin flakes. I saw the Finishing Dust on my counter and decided to dust a layer of it over my cream foundation. It doesn't give any more coverage, and is so finely milled that it doesn't accentuate bad skin texture or dryness. I've been wearing it everyday recently, and my mom even said that she thought my skin looked a lot healthier. Great affordable product if you use it with the right foundation.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I mostly use the finishing dust in a 50/50 ratio with the intensive foundation. It gives the area around my nose flawless coverage without the cakey problems. I don't know why, but using the foundation by itself just looks horrible on my nose!
The combination of the two makes it look like I didn't put anything on! I love the results!
As for the finishing dust by itself, I don't really see much change in my appearance (as in pore size, setting my makeup, etc.), but I will definitely be purchasing it again for combined use with the intensive foundation :)

on 9/5/2009 11:41:00 PM

I am a loyal Sheer Cover user for a year now , and I've always hated their ordering process and shipping fees. It's a rip off and the shipment is so confusing and inconsistent. After hearing the raves about this product on youtube, I decided to give it a try. I ordered samples for free and only paid $3.00 for shipping. The best part is, my package arrived in 3 business days!!

I tried the Winged Butter Original glo today with Finishing Dust and I am impressed!! I love how my skin looks and Finishing Dust made all the difference because it minimizes my pores especially on my nose. I am placing the full size order now.

UPDATE: This is making my skin too dry in the fall, I can't imagine using this in the winter.

It is a decent setting powder for makeup. Makes yr face flawless and it does help to control shine. However, the packaging is reli bad. It can be very messy.