OPI Lincoln Park After Dark

OPI Lincoln Park After Dark
OPI LPADLincoln Park After DarkLincoln Park After Dark

4.5

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I'm pleasantly surprised by this polish that I got in a set. I own a bottle of black polish I've never even tried for fear of looking too gothic but this "off-black" is a bit less intimidating and harsh. It does look black but more grown-up and chic. It covered nicely in two coats and it didn't stain my nails through the base (as some very strong purple or blue colors do).

on 10/8/2016 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I was hoping for a dark purple color but this shit is plain black on the nails. I find black way to harsh against my fair (nc10) skin so it was a waist of money. Formula was ok and i love the opi brush but the color didnt work for me.

To Read all 494 Reviews, Login or Join

This is my go-to nail color for all seasons. It's a very deep purple-black. It goes on decently in one coat, but I do suggest two coats just to get the full deep color. I've probably been through 3-4 bottles of this colour. Since this is a darker color, it does show more when it chips or when your nail grows out, but I've found that using a base coat and top coat extends the wear.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

The shade is a super dark blackberry color. It is a very dark (almost black) purple with a reddish base tone. I really like layering this color over shimmery reds in order to bring out the base color.
The finish is a very lacquered smooth finish on its own, like black glass. Lately I've been wearing the OPI sheer tints purple (Don't Violet Me Down) on top of it. The wear is great, minimal tip wear and no cracking or chipping the first week also no visible wear from scratching the polish against anything. Depending on the top coat it can go either way on week 2. I've noticed my Seche Vite top coats work better with China Glaze than with OPI. OPI polishes that don't have glitter in them tends to peel off when I use SV.
Overall, I would purchase again as its one of my favorite OPI colors and favorite darks. It's just got a super vampy glamorous feel and is great in the winter time when I want to class it up without doing a lot of work to my nails.

on 1/12/2016 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I think of this as blackberry. It is very close to black, but is actually a deep purple, like the stain from a blackberry. This is more obvious in natural or fluorescent lights. It is opaque at two coats and definitely a creme finish. Easy formula to work with, no streaks at all - tip wear is noticeable because of how dark it is, but I don't think it actually wears any worse than most polish, and isn't particularly prone to chipping as some dark colors can be. I probably won't repurchase this only because I prefer my vampy colors to be just a touch more on the red side, but I do wear this and love it and will finish the bottle, and if you do like dark, vampy purple, this really is a great choice.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I received this by mistake. I had ordered Lincoln Park at Midnight and they accidentally sent Lincoln Park After Dark. I've been aware of this polish for years, and have always loved the name, but I already had China Glaze Evening Seduction, which is basically a dupe of this one (with a better formula). But now I have LPAD, so I swatched it and will review.

The is a very deep, dark plum creme. One coat is streaky and uneven, and it really can't be worn that way, IMHO. The second coat turns this plum so dark that it's essentially black in pretty much any lighting situation, though I suppose there might be some situation where it looks plummy and I just haven't seen or experienced it. As far as I experienced, this is a warm-leaning, off-black.

I really, really don't like the formula on this, unfortunately. It doesn't self-level all that well, and it tends to drag, leaving bald or light patches and requiring three coats to get an even finish. Ugh.

I know this polish is considered to be a classic, and lots of people love this polish, and I'm happy for them, but I can say that I'm glad I didn't pay for this (the seller sent me the correct polish and let me keep this one by means of apology), and I'm undecided what to do with it, because, as I said, I have a great dupe with a better formula, so this might very well end up in the "give away" box.

Excellent dark shade polish. Deep blueberry purplish black. Looks great on toe nails. Looks quite opaque with 1 layer, yet 2 works best. Longevity is pretty decent.

Super dark purple. On me it almost looks black.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I think I'm on my third bottle of this poilsh, I just love it so much. To me, it's a color your can wear anytime of year and any time of day. It doesn't look black, rather a super deep, dark black cherry. This color is something I wear on both toenails and fingernails alike. Anytime I wear this polish, I get compliments. The formula is nice and glossy and goes on smooth and non-streaky.

on 2/8/2015 12:52:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have repurchased this nail color twice. I love it! It's my go to dark polish. $8.50 is a bit steep but it's well worth the cost. One coat application is a bit streaky, 2 coats is perfect. I top it off with Butter London Hardwear and the color lasts for 2 weeks until my nails start to grow out and chip. It's a beautiful shade on my fair skin.

Popular Polishes