OPI Lincoln Park After Dark

OPI Lincoln Park After Dark
OPI LPADLincoln Park After DarkLincoln Park After Dark

4.5

Cannot believe I forgot to review one of the greatest polishes of all time!!!! Iam a high end nail
Polish girl and have over 300 polishes and yes, this is one of the greatest! Been using this Color since it came out. Simply stunning. Not black but a blackened plum. Super shiny and classy has lots of edge to it. Use more oblivious in fall/winter but could use all year around. On my 4th bottle and will continue to use probably 4 ever. If u r afraid it is too much for your nails well... looks awesome on toenails!!! This is a cult favorite for a reason!!!!!

on 12/27/2017 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Fantastic. I was looking for a really dark, almost black eggplant and was torn between this and Essie's Luxedo. I chose OPI because their formula is a hit for me more often than Essie's. Turned out to be exactly what I was looking for. Dark, vampy, glossy and modern. The formula is great. I'd repurchase in a heartbeat.

on 12/17/2017 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Lincoln Park After Dark is an OPI classic shade. It is a very deep and vampy blackened-purple - but the good thing about this shade is the fact that it very clearly looks purple and not just like any generic black polish, perfect for those who want a vampy look but not a black or ‘gothic’ look - or even for lovers of black polish who want to branch out a little bit. It applies easily, opaque in two coats and not at all streaky or patchy. It dries quickly and to an incredibly shiny finish. It has slightly less staying power than my other OPIs - lasting 3 days before chipping. This was slightly disappointing as I can get 5 days of wear from my OPI shades. However, this is a great vampy polish for all year round and looks great as both a mani and a pedi.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

One of my favorites! Looks black in some light, deep cool purple in others. Great for pale skin!

on 7/13/2017 7:15:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my favorite "Office safe" or "Work Safe" nail polish color that isn't a 'true black'.

It's a dark plum/red/brown/wine color so if someone thinks it's black show it under a light and they'll be convinced!

Easy application, within two coats it's a smooth and even finish.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I'm pleasantly surprised by this polish that I got in a set. I own a bottle of black polish I've never even tried for fear of looking too gothic but this "off-black" is a bit less intimidating and harsh. It does look black but more grown-up and chic. It covered nicely in two coats and it didn't stain my nails through the base (as some very strong purple or blue colors do).

This is my go-to nail color for all seasons. It's a very deep purple-black. It goes on decently in one coat, but I do suggest two coats just to get the full deep color. I've probably been through 3-4 bottles of this colour. Since this is a darker color, it does show more when it chips or when your nail grows out, but I've found that using a base coat and top coat extends the wear.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

The shade is a super dark blackberry color. It is a very dark (almost black) purple with a reddish base tone. I really like layering this color over shimmery reds in order to bring out the base color.
The finish is a very lacquered smooth finish on its own, like black glass. Lately I've been wearing the OPI sheer tints purple (Don't Violet Me Down) on top of it. The wear is great, minimal tip wear and no cracking or chipping the first week also no visible wear from scratching the polish against anything. Depending on the top coat it can go either way on week 2. I've noticed my Seche Vite top coats work better with China Glaze than with OPI. OPI polishes that don't have glitter in them tends to peel off when I use SV.
Overall, I would purchase again as its one of my favorite OPI colors and favorite darks. It's just got a super vampy glamorous feel and is great in the winter time when I want to class it up without doing a lot of work to my nails.

on 1/12/2016 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I think of this as blackberry. It is very close to black, but is actually a deep purple, like the stain from a blackberry. This is more obvious in natural or fluorescent lights. It is opaque at two coats and definitely a creme finish. Easy formula to work with, no streaks at all - tip wear is noticeable because of how dark it is, but I don't think it actually wears any worse than most polish, and isn't particularly prone to chipping as some dark colors can be. I probably won't repurchase this only because I prefer my vampy colors to be just a touch more on the red side, but I do wear this and love it and will finish the bottle, and if you do like dark, vampy purple, this really is a great choice.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

I received this by mistake. I had ordered Lincoln Park at Midnight and they accidentally sent Lincoln Park After Dark. I've been aware of this polish for years, and have always loved the name, but I already had China Glaze Evening Seduction, which is basically a dupe of this one (with a better formula). But now I have LPAD, so I swatched it and will review.

The is a very deep, dark plum creme. One coat is streaky and uneven, and it really can't be worn that way, IMHO. The second coat turns this plum so dark that it's essentially black in pretty much any lighting situation, though I suppose there might be some situation where it looks plummy and I just haven't seen or experienced it. As far as I experienced, this is a warm-leaning, off-black.

I really, really don't like the formula on this, unfortunately. It doesn't self-level all that well, and it tends to drag, leaving bald or light patches and requiring three coats to get an even finish. Ugh.

I know this polish is considered to be a classic, and lots of people love this polish, and I'm happy for them, but I can say that I'm glad I didn't pay for this (the seller sent me the correct polish and let me keep this one by means of apology), and I'm undecided what to do with it, because, as I said, I have a great dupe with a better formula, so this might very well end up in the "give away" box.

Popular Polishes