4.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

4 months ago

First MAC fix the lids they are quite bad compared to those of similarly priced pencils. (Come off v. easily) I believe I bought it to go with MAC Mehr (long destroyed, by my toddler) This is the absolute best match for my lips, I have many lipliners but this is the absolute best...0.25% deeper which is ideal for definition and esp if you set the edges of your lips with translucent powder like me (which softens it). Same undertone etc. Not everyone has that colour of lips so this may not be useful information for others. I could use this or one Urban Decay pink one and not have to feel like my lipliner is 'showing'. Spice, Oak, Stripdown-these are my other MAC lipliners but Soar serves me best. It lasts very well without the gel texture like UD (gel texture looks less natural as it sits a bit thicker and the MAC pencil can be blended inwards better too if you want). Both serve their purpose. MAC please never change this shade or formula, not in the slightest ! Please please pleaseeeee

About reviewer (105 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

8 months ago

One of my top 2 favorites OF ALL TIMES

About reviewer (389 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

3.0

a year ago

Looked like a nice mid-tone pinky brown when I swatched it on my hand, but once applied on my lips, it has this slight warm rusty tone to it. Not terrible but not my favourite. Still like Whirl better.

About reviewer (83 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

a year ago

Looooooove it. Very creamy and very easy to make the parfect lip shape. I will buy it again but only on sale

About reviewer (25 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

2 years ago

So i actually had bought this a few years back and returned it thinking whirl looked better. i was wrong. Now that ive been more in tune with my skintone and testing out lighting and colors ive grown to love cool rosey lips on me. I was very into the hype of velvet teddy and whirl as a lip combo and just went with it. I didnt realize how brown and dark whirl pulled on my nc20 c1 neutral skin. I had gotten my hands on soar again to replace whirl and i gotta say im really liking how it looks now on me than the first time. it gives me a classy put together look without too much attention to my lips but also it brightens up my face better than whirl. Soar gives me that natural nice healthy pout that i wish i was born with lol my natural lip color is on the pale side of pink. When im in a rush but want some color, id put on avene cold cream lip balm and line my lips and blend it to together so it melts onto my lips and i get an effortless rosy stained look. Its not drying at all like how my whirl was, maybe because its summer atm but its creamy and blends really easily. I still love and use Velvet Teddy and i feel this helps that lipstick look less brown and more pink which i prefer. its def a mlbb and has become a staple in my collection Edit- i ventured out to try Stripdown and i hated it. Soar has been a bit too pink for me. It brightens my face but sometimes i do prefer something more neutral. CT pillow talk is lighter version of Soar and easier to wear in the daytime; Soar remains my favorite Mac lip liner ;

About reviewer (425 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

my #1 lip liner!!! will be repurchasing this forever stays on literally all day. love MAC lip products.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Olive

HairBlack

2 years ago

Bought this as the MAC lady matched it up the the nearest colour of my lips. It’s more of a pink colour rather than nude. I wouldn’t buy again just because I don’t really wear pink lipsticks and I found out I didn’t like wearing this liner alone

About reviewer (88 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

3.0

2 years ago

Soar is a really lovely color and looks good under everything, but lip pencils are too drying on my lips and I can't handle it. Sephora makes gel lip liners that have a more slippery consistency and I love them, so I've switched. I was sad to do it, but I tossed this pencil during a recently makeup cleanout because I never, ever used it and it was getting old. Sorry, Soar. :(

About reviewer (354 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

3 years ago

Great colour for basically any lipstick. I even use it under reds to fill in the shape of my lip before using a red liner. It's a perfect match for Mehr lipstick and that's my go-to for work or class. These pencils all last forever (I've had Whirl, which is Use basically every day for over 2 years) so they're really worth it.

About reviewer (134 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

2.0

3 years ago

This is sooooo drying on the lips and the colour was way to dark for me and my fair skin. Totally over hyped product and ended up selling mine and would never repurchase.

About reviewer (56 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral