no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

10 years ago

I've been looking for that black patent leather shade in nail polish for quite some time now, and I certainly think I've found it in "Patent Leather" by China Glaze. But first thing's first-for those complaining about sheet prints and it not looking true to color-sheet prints happen with MANY nailpolishes-the trick is to use a Seche Vite base coat, let it dry completely-one coat of Patent Leather, let that dry completely, then another coat of Patent Leather, let that dry. Next morning, a third coat of Patent Leather, let it dry completely and finish it off with Seche Vite Top Coat (this is what makes it SUPER glossy, you definitely need a top coat that does that for the finishing touch). Voila! The key is to not paint your nails close to bed time, EVEN if it's five hours before-you'd be surprised how long it takes nails to dry COMPLETELY. Overall, I like this color, it has GREAT lasting staying power, and I was even complimented by a straight, non-gothic male on the color. It just needs to be worked a bit properly, you can't just apply one or two coats and call it quits.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

1.0

10 years ago

I've been looking for a staple high-shine true black for quite some time, and I thought I had found it in this polish. However, this polish has the characteristic thick, sticky texture that some China Glaze polishes have. I tried numerous times to get it to work alone, but it was hard to control how much you were apply per dip. It applied unevenly with two coats and refused to completely dry by the time I got to bed, which was around 4-5 hours after each occasion. I ended up with sheet prints, nicks, and dents. Definitely takes away from the "Patent Leather" appeal. I added at least 15 drops of nail polish thinner to this polish. Its consistency has changed slightly, but it's still difficult to work with and is slow drying. On the positive side, if you get it right initially and add top coat, it looks like black patent leather. Unfortunately you are inevitably going to ruin that finish. Shame.

About reviewer (56 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

3.0

11 years ago

I rate nail polish mostly based on durability even thou I am a sucker for color :o) I test a polish by how it stands up to dozens of hand washing in a two day stretch. If a polish retains most of it's original luster and does not chip within two days I give it a more than average grade :o) ChG Patent Leather fell short to the challenge. This is beautifull vampy color but it does go dull and chips fast.. I give it a 4 out of 10. You might need to retouch and add a little topcoat to this color in order to wear it a long time. I should stress that I use Nailtek II foundation as a basecoat and Seche Vite fast dry top coat.

About reviewer (81 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Olive, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesBrown

13 years ago

This is a classic, deep, glossy, true red creme that looks so old-Hollywood-sexy on my toes. I prefer 3 coats of this to bring out its richness. As much as I like this color, I probably won't rebuy because there are other red cremes (especially OPI's red cremes) that I like even more, if you can believe it! In the meantime, I'll enjoy showing off this color with open-toed shoes and a movie-star strut.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

13 years ago

Drop dead gorgeous Hollywood red -- fairly true, bright, and super-glossy. It applies beautifully, but I docked a point for it being ever so sheer...with two coats it is not quite opaque.<br><br><ul>Pics:<li><a href="http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m10/five_nil/0_bottles/chg_patent_crystal.jpg" target="_blank">Bottle</a></li><li><a href="http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m10/five_nil/china_glaze/CHG_PATLE_n.jpg" target="_blank">Nails</a></li></ul>

About reviewer (811 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

from

13 years ago

This is such a dream to use. Easy to apply and it doesn't streak, I give myself pro-looking manicures with this. A nice classic red that should suit most skintones. No badahbling shimmer or glitter. Lasts very well so long as I re-apply a topcoat every other day. I do wash up and tend to household chores on a daily basis so this does hold up. No chips, it just starts to "fade" at the tips after day 7 or so. Loving this!

About reviewer (33 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlack

EyesOther

15 years ago

Gorgeous dark red. Applies like a dream. Hate to say it but seems equally as good as or better than OPI. Nice heavy bottle, good brush, beautiful coverage. What's not to like? Best of all, my DH complimented me on it. A keeper!

About reviewer (89 reviews)

Age56 & Over