Hayashi Emergency 911 Reconstructor

No Image

4.7

Water (aqua), cetearyl alcohol, hydrolyzed collagen, dicetyldimonium chloride, steapyrium chloride, lactamide MEA, panthenol, phenoxyethanol, citric acid, hydroxyethylcellulose, methylparaben, butylparaben, isobutylparaben, enthyparaben, propylparaben, methylchloroisothiazoline, meththylisothiazoline, frgrance (parfum), yellow no. 5 (CL 19140), red no. 33 (CL 17200), red no. 4 (CL14700).

on 10/4/2013 11:53:00 PM

I cAme across this product completely by accident: I was in the hair products store and just wanted to buy a couple of hair treatments in smaller sachet packages (because I already have so many hair treatments that I should not really be buying more... but can't help myself with trying different stuff,). So the sales lady pointed to this 911 hair treatment in a small pack. I decided to give it a go..

How I applied it: I firstly washed my hair with a clarifying shampoo (I only use this type of shampoo once a week - to make sure that I thoroughly eliminate any silicon residue and grease from my hair that's has been built over the week. I also think it's important to use a clarifying shampoo before protein-based treatments, as it allows for hair cuticles to open and allow treatments to penetrate better).

I then applied the content of the sachet very generously (I used the whole pack on my shoulder-length hair).

I then put a disposable plastic cap, followed by a "Hot Head" microwavable cap to add the 'greenhouse' effect to my treatment.

I allowed for the treatment to do its work for about 20 minutes and then rinsed off.

I realised that this treatment is worthy when I as rinsing my hair - my hair felt VERY different! I cannot even describe the feeling, you'll have to try for yourself :) When I towel dried my hair, it looked as though I have more hair at the roots (I think that all that hydrolyzed collagen in the mask penetrated into the hair shaft and made it thicker, no joke!)

I let my hair dry by itself - and OMG, it looks completely different!!! So healthy, straight, shiny... I NEVER had such a dramatic effect after using a mask and didn't really expect anything major from this one either. But this is HG for me now, I am planning to use it on fortnightly basis (alternating between this mask and a moisturising treatment) so I don't overload my hair with proteins.

I am surprised there are not more reviews about this mask. I tried finding an official site of the manufacturer - but I don't thnk they even have a web site! very surprising.

If you live in Melbourne, Australia, you can find this mask in Hair2Go store (Elizabeth street).

on 9/8/2013 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

This is a good strengthening treatment. The primary ingredient is Collagen, which is great as a supplement to hair that has been altered by chemical treatments, heat damage, stress, or that may have too little strength or is perhaps over moisturized. It feels thick and gummy in consistency, needs to be warmed up in hands before applying to my curly natural 4A/B hair. It seems to penetrate best with a conditioning cap and heat, or with use under the hair steamer. All in all, it works well as a reconstructor to keep her strong, but I think I can get similar results using a variety of other comparable products that I've had success with in the past too. There is always more than one product that works for something in the world, it all boils down to preference.

I have highlighted 3a-3b hair and this stuff is awesome! I alternate between this and Bioloage ultra conditioning balm and my hair is always healthy and curly even though I do blonde highlights every 8-10 weeks. About twice a year I'll do an aphogee treatment but with this stuff, I don't need to very often. My one complaint is that it's kind of pricey but I have a lot of hair.

Love this treatment pak!!! Cam across it randomly at the drugstore for $1.99, since I never saw the treatment before, I decided to give it a try. It worked amazingly well; in other words, it did exactly what it claims: moisturized, added volume, shine, etc. However, I think I left in on for a little too long (about 5+ minutes); this stuff is fast acting, so my hair felt a little "poofy" (which happens when I keep treatments in too long), but next time I will just rinse my hair after detangling with a wide-tooth comb...My hair was so soft, not weighted down, shiny, healthier, etc. Will definately repurchase. Only gripe is that this stuff is hard to find-I wish they sold them in bigger bottles/tubes locally.Overall, 5 lippies.

I had high expectations for this from other reviews as well as the clerk who helped me that was practically on her knees worshipping the stuff. I have pretty dry, frizzy, color treated hair (not a total disaster though...) that is pretty resistant to most restorative products, so I wanted to give this a try.

I was not impressed. I left it on for several hours with a shower cap on over it, and I even tried sleeping with in overnight. The results were the same both times though- not a big difference at all in the texture or softness of my hair. At best, for me at least, it was a good conditioner, but certainly not anything that improved my hair as well as I thought it would.

i have extremely damaged, dry, brittle, overprocessed hair that has gone through hell over the past 2 decades. i bought a packet of this stuff to try it out. i followed the instructions and my hair has never felt so amazing and soft before! it felt thicker, fuller, healthier, and soft! i have tried so many different hair masks and i thought my favorite was Joico Kpak sun therapy mask but this one definitely works even better! i will definitely be buying a full bottle!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This was a great find! It had a very thick consistency but when I rinsed it out, my hair was so soft and moisturized. Plus, on the dry down my hair looked really good. If you can find it, get a sample pack which retails to about 4 bucks. worth a shot if you have damaged or dry hair.

This product is such a secret and is so hard to find! This stuff is totally amazoing and has saved my hair on more than one occasion. I found this by chance a few years back and then couldn't find it anymore for years, to my surprise i found it again at a local beauty supply store! I have no idea why this product isn't listed as a holy grail of holy grails! I have tried SOOOO many top brands of reconstructors and protein pacs only to end up with dry and dull hair. Hayashi's reconstructor sinks right into my hair and leaves it super silky soft! a complete lifesaver and I highly reccomend to anyone with overproccesed and/or dry hair. Great stuff, if you can ever find it! ;)

on 11/9/2005 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have to agree that this is a Holy Grail product. I purchased this on a recommendation from a saleslady at a small beauty products place. I mentioned that I was looking for something for my dry, curly hair, because it was breaking off easily. After using it, my hair felt repaired, smooth, and moisturized. I definitely recommend it. Unfortunately, this product is not that easy to find.