Marc Anthony Strictly Curls Curl Defining Lotion

Marc Anthony Strictly Curls Curl Defining Lotion

3.5

Water, Glycerin, Polysorbate-20, PVP/VA Copolymer, Hydroxyethyl cellulose, Polyquaterium-7, Styrene VP/Copolymer, Hydrolyzed silk, Pathenol, Fragrance, Propylene glycol, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Carbomer, Vitamin E, Sodium hydroxide, Yellow 5

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Did not care for this at all. The Marc Anthony Curl cream is so so so so much better for me and I highly recommend it. This left my hair weirdly heavy, dull and oily. I have very long color treated 3a type curls that are on the dry side but not insanely so and a bit fine. I used this a few times, always to disastrous results and gave up. This one gets a no from me but I usually like Marc Anthony products.

on 11/30/2016 3:17:00 PM

I saw this product line at Ulta, and when I realized the products in this line smells like lemon, I bought a few things. This curl lotion is like a cross between a gel and a lotion. I've tried using it on wet, damp and almost dry hair, in various amounts, and it just doesn't do much for me but make my hair look a little dry. The lemony fresh scent doesn't last, either. I have no idea what to do with this now. The shampoo was awful, and the conditioner leaves a residue on my hair as well. What a shame.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I was excited to try this product but it just didn't work for me. I have curly, dry and thick hair and no matter how much of this stuff I used it did absolutely nothing for my frizz and didn't define my curls at all, if anything it weighed them down.

on 3/14/2016 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Ok, this product isn't completely perfect, but for my hair texture it is a lifesaver. My hair is naturally curly (2c) and somewhat thick. I also have pretty dry skin and hair. If I put a SMALL amount of this product on semi-wet hair and let it air dry, it leaves my curls defined and frizz-free with absolutely no residual greasy, crunchy, or gummy feeling. I can also then do nothing else to my hair for several days and it gets neither oilier or dryer than without product, and the frizz-busting qualities continue until my next wash! I have been using it almost daily for probably 10 years now. The one and only thing I dislike about this product is the smell. Yes, it does smell like lemon pledge, however as soon as it dries the smell is gone and does not linger on your hair, so it is acceptable.
If it feels too greasy to you, make sure you apply it when your hair is still semi-dry and don't over-apply. You only need a nickel sized amount at most. If it feels too drying or crunchy make sure you're not applying it to very wet hair. Seriously though, if you have 2c hair I would suggest giving it a try. My #1 hair product of all time!

on 5/26/2015 10:47:00 AM

I have natural soft wavy hair and just by itself it becomes frizzy and not-so-nice. I like using this because it helps take the frizz and define my waves a little more. It also makes my hair nice and soft and fun to play with XP

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I have mid length super fine hair that gets frizzy in summer. I have natural curl but at this length I can wear it straight or curly. This stuff is great! It keeps away the frizzies and really builds nice curls for me. The Marc Anthony line is my holy grail for when I want to wear my hair curly.

on 4/19/2015 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have extremely curly thin hair that is shoulder length. It tends to have a mind of its own and stands straight up. I often get comments of having a bad perm. I have always had trouble finding a product that contains my curls and because of that have hated my super curly hair. When I could not find the one product I had been using for years that always worked I gave this a try. I felt that I had to use a lot, about two handfuls, to get any results. When I used it it looked great but didn't last long and wore off in about four hours. My husband loved that it kept my curls that he loves without me feeling uncomfortable about my normal fro. I continue to use it and love it but found that in order for a lasting hold I have to use even more which makes it kind of stiff and crunchy for a while but after an hour or so it felt soft and held my curls without my hair turning into my normal fro. Overall I love the product and so does my husband but I wish that I did not have to use so much as I feel like I can easily go through a tube in a week if I use it daily.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

This product was not for me. I didn't like that lemony smell, to me it was too fake and the texture in my hands was fine, but it did nothing for me but flake up my hair. Can't be cute when you look like you have dandruff in your hair! I mainly used it on my ends and about mid shaft kinda area, scrunching as I went along. For something that's supposed to define It did no better than if I used a conditioner. It's the flakes after it dries that I hated and for that reason I'd never buy it again. I like my hair to have a lot of volume; so I tend to finger my hair to give it that umph. You definitely can't do that with this product in your hair.

on 1/11/2014 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This only works for me if I use it when my hair is damp. Once it drys it looks like a stiff stringy mess. It also makes my hair full of white flakes that look like dandruff. Plus it has a strong chemical lemon scent which I hate. I tried using it over and over again thinking it would work differently each time, but now it just sits on my shelf collecting dust.

on 4/8/2013 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a review for the curl defining styling lotion which has a gel like consistancy, NOT the curl defining creme.
I also got a big bottle for $7 which is why I think it's a good deal, if it were more expensive I don't know if I would choose it. But I really like this because it's a nice little change from gel. It gives me slightly less hold than a gel which makes my curls a little looser but just as much definition if that makes sense. It also feels very lightweight in my hair, feels like there is no product at all. I think the scent of it kind of smells like a lemony cleaning product which is not great but it doesn't linger so I don't really care about that.
Also for those that care this is probably not technically CG, there is a cone near the bottom, it ends in xane I believe but I have been using this stuff for over a year now and have not had an issue with build up.

Popular Styling Products