Marc Anthony Strictly Curls Curl Defining Lotion

Marc Anthony Strictly Curls Curl Defining Lotion

3.3

Water, Glycerin, Polysorbate-20, PVP/VA Copolymer, Hydroxyethyl cellulose, Polyquaterium-7, Styrene VP/Copolymer, Hydrolyzed silk, Pathenol, Fragrance, Propylene glycol, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Carbomer, Vitamin E, Sodium hydroxide, Yellow 5

on 6/13/2018 11:46:00 PM

I love this product! Normally I can't let my hair air dry after I wash it because my curls become super puffy and frizzy and it just looks awful. After i shower, i divide my hair in four sections and scrunch in a dollop of product per section. It makes my curls look fabulous for days, I usually lose a nice looking curl in between washes but this helps maintain a nice look. Right after application my curls are perfectly defined and the amount of frizz is very minimal. The scent is a little lemony but it does not last long in my hair, it;s a great product,

on 10/16/2017 7:54:00 PM

Leaves my hair dry, smells like dish detergent, and leaves tons of flakes. Threw away a half-open tube.

This isn't Curly Girl. It's got dimethicone & mineral oil which are baddies in the ingredient list. I'm back to only CG. I liked it when I used it it was a nice product but you're suffocating your hair w the baddies not my cup of tea. I got mine in a 2oz sample size in a subscription box.

on 6/1/2017 4:28:00 AM

Absolutely terrible for my 2A wavy, dry hair. Weighed it down and made it heavy, waxy, greasy feeling. Ugh.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Did not care for this at all. The Marc Anthony Curl cream is so so so so much better for me and I highly recommend it. This left my hair weirdly heavy, dull and oily. I have very long color treated 3a type curls that are on the dry side but not insanely so and a bit fine. I used this a few times, always to disastrous results and gave up. This one gets a no from me but I usually like Marc Anthony products.

on 11/30/2016 3:17:00 PM

I saw this product line at Ulta, and when I realized the products in this line smells like lemon, I bought a few things. This curl lotion is like a cross between a gel and a lotion. I've tried using it on wet, damp and almost dry hair, in various amounts, and it just doesn't do much for me but make my hair look a little dry. The lemony fresh scent doesn't last, either. I have no idea what to do with this now. The shampoo was awful, and the conditioner leaves a residue on my hair as well. What a shame.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I was excited to try this product but it just didn't work for me. I have curly, dry and thick hair and no matter how much of this stuff I used it did absolutely nothing for my frizz and didn't define my curls at all, if anything it weighed them down.

on 3/14/2016 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Ok, this product isn't completely perfect, but for my hair texture it is a lifesaver. My hair is naturally curly (2c) and somewhat thick. I also have pretty dry skin and hair. If I put a SMALL amount of this product on semi-wet hair and let it air dry, it leaves my curls defined and frizz-free with absolutely no residual greasy, crunchy, or gummy feeling. I can also then do nothing else to my hair for several days and it gets neither oilier or dryer than without product, and the frizz-busting qualities continue until my next wash! I have been using it almost daily for probably 10 years now. The one and only thing I dislike about this product is the smell. Yes, it does smell like lemon pledge, however as soon as it dries the smell is gone and does not linger on your hair, so it is acceptable.
If it feels too greasy to you, make sure you apply it when your hair is still semi-dry and don't over-apply. You only need a nickel sized amount at most. If it feels too drying or crunchy make sure you're not applying it to very wet hair. Seriously though, if you have 2c hair I would suggest giving it a try. My #1 hair product of all time!

on 5/26/2015 10:47:00 AM

I have natural soft wavy hair and just by itself it becomes frizzy and not-so-nice. I like using this because it helps take the frizz and define my waves a little more. It also makes my hair nice and soft and fun to play with XP

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I have mid length super fine hair that gets frizzy in summer. I have natural curl but at this length I can wear it straight or curly. This stuff is great! It keeps away the frizzies and really builds nice curls for me. The Marc Anthony line is my holy grail for when I want to wear my hair curly.