FingerPaints FingerPaints

4.5

on 9/3/2014 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Decent polish for a decent price, and they have some really nice colours. With a good base and top coat, it doesn't generally chip. Absolutely love Palette of Perfection (a red with gold pigment) and Go Baroque (a sparkly, metallic, iridescent light gold and pink). Doesn't generally take more than one coat, even with light colours. The downside is that it's thick and sort of goopy, and the brush tends to be a bit streaky.

Avoid their matte colours, however; I bought two bottle of their new Film Noir collection (Petal Obsession and Beautiful Mystery). Love, love, love the colours, but they're an absolute pain to apply and get an even coat with. They also peel off in a very odd way, and they seriously do not dry very well, staying sticky for over an hour even with a Seche Vite top coat (which has successfully dried every other polish I own within two minutes, and about twenty with very thick coats). I was going to do a french tip with Petal Obsession and Go Baroque, but even after letting Petal Obsession dry for over an hour, my Orly French Tip guides ended up pulling the polish off. So I tried it again, using my SV top coat, but my top coat just wouldn't dry over the polish and it was a mess. Took it off and did a different colour, and will be returning those ones to the store. It may have been a defective batch; I'm not certain. But I do work at a beauty supply store, and that collection just wasn't selling; I think I know why.

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I got this nail polish for free at Sally's, the color "laugh my art off" which is a very sparkly blue. It took a lot of coats to get the preferred color but it looks just like the bottle. So far it hasn't chipped or worn.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've bought two red colors, Primary Color and Scarlet, After I got both home they seemed to look different on my hands, but I still like them. They seem to wear a long time. Right now my fingers have lasted about 6 days, and are only now starting to chip. I wish They looked the same on as they did in the store, but overall I think they're very well made :) I happened to get one on sale last week for 3.50, they were discontinuing colors or whatever at Sally's.

on 10/8/2008 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love finger paints! They are great polishes. I have just discovered my new favorite - natural talent. It is the perfect pink sheer to wear everyday! Try these you won't be disappointed.

I purchased "rich fudge" today and the color is so gorgeous (a dark brown with slight golden flecks). I can't speak for the longevity just yet but the color was exactly what I was looking for. I normally buy the Orly polish while at Sally's but the brand doesn't carry any color like this so I decided to give it a try. I usually manage to mess my nails up pretty easily but this polish seems error proof; it dries relatively quickly and doesn't look bumpy no matter how much you (accidently) glob on.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I agree these are awsome! I have only one at the moment, Coral Complement, and I love it. The color goes on super smooth with no bubbles or gloppiness and it has decent staying power. This is one of my favorites from Sally.

Popular Polishes