Maybelline INTENSE XXL mascara

Enter Title

3.0

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Maybelline Intense XXL Volume+Length Microfiber Mascara is a lash primer and mascara duo. I purchased it in Gloss for $8.99 AUD, I think it was on sale. I haven't seen this mascara in any US stores. I'm not sure why as I think this is a great mascara.
I'll start off by reviewing Step 1, the microfiber lash primer. Like most lash primers, its white and a little goopy. Not goopy in a way that would clump your lashes, but in a thickening way. The primer seems to have a lot of microfibers visible in it and I find it very lengthening and a bit thickening. Sometimes I even wear it with other mascaras. I've only tried 2 other lash primers and this one certainly tops them in both lengthening and thickening.
Now for the actual mascara. As I've said before, I love Maybelline mascaras and this is no exception. Combined with the primer this is very lengthening while keeping my lashes looking fairly natural. Like other Maybelline mascaras I have no flaking, smudging, itching, or irritation. I get all day wear from this.
Removal is easy due to the microfiber base, but is fairly water resistant without makeup remover.
Both the primer and mascara have the same long, thing, straight brush with traditional bristles. The shape of the brush makes it easy to get right to the roots of the lashes for extra volume and length. The tapered tip also helps to get into the inner corners for those small lashes.
I definitely recommend this excellent mascara duo if you can find it. I hope it's not discontinued, as I really want to repurchase it.

on 8/6/2011 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I hated this mascara. It was very clumpy and the formula made my lashes clump together. I would use the primer side first followed by the mascara, but every-time the layering process would create clumps and give me spidery lashes. I ended up finishing the product by just using the mascara side, but using it alone didn't provide much definition for my short thin lashes.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

On my average length, stick straight, Asian lashes, this was "okay". Nothing special. It only made my lashes look SLIGHTLY darker, and SLIGHTLY thicker....but didn't do much for length. It didn't take too long to dry, but the tube dried out fast on me. This also flaked a little bit, and always made my eyes kind of red after a while. I've bought this tube twice (first time was recommended by my Asian friend; second time just to try it out again). I'm moving on. Don't understand why a lot of Asians like this.

***MASCARAS I'VE TRIED:
-L'Oreal Voluminous (1x)
-Almay Bright Eyes in Black Sapphire (1x)
-Estee Lauder Magnascopic (3x)
-Estee Lauder Double Wear Zero Smudge Lengthening Mascara
-Mally Beauty Volumizing Mascara (4x...favorite so far)
-Tarte Lights Camera Lashes (1x)
-Clinique High Impact (1x)
-Maybelline Lash Stilleto (1x)
-Bad Gal (2x)

on 3/7/2011 2:37:00 PM

I've been through 3 or 4 tubes of this mascara so far. I like it. Leaves your lashes looking long and full. The only problem I have is that I can't find it as easily as I used to!

on 11/22/2010 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is pretty great. It isn't bad or flakey. The primer is really useful, and not just white mascara in an attempt to sound fancy. It does really nicely with not clumping and it's pretty dark. The brush is also really nicely sized(who decided a bigger brush meant bigger lashes anyway?). I'm giving this a four because even if it isn't my HG, it is a pretty nice.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have thin and short lashes and the primer does lengthen them. What I don't like is that sometimes it's hard to cover the whitish primer thoroughly with the black mascara so it'd look like I have gray lashes. Lol. Another downside is that this mascara smudges on me.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

i hated this mascara. the primer looked awful, no matter how much of the topcoat i put. it flaked, it asnt dark enough, it dried out my lashes, and it clumped like crazy. not reccomended.

on 6/15/2010 4:58:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

An Asian Review:
I have not-full-but-not-sparse, medium length lashes and sensitive eyes. Though this mascara fared better than the previous Maybelline mascaras I have tried, it is still not as good as I expected it to be.

First I curl my lashes, and I apply the primer all over and followed by the mascara. It does give a lovely thick look to my lashes but it did not hold my curl at all. Also when I tried to reapply/layer on, it starts to get clumpy and I can feel the heaviness on my lashes. On the plus side, it didnt irritate my eyes. However, I wouldnt repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This mascara wasn't good but it wasn't bad either. I personally hate the primer. Firstly, I actually have never needed a primer (this mascara confirmed that for me) and secondly it was so difficult to cover the white primer with the black mascara no matter what I did. I will say this though, I already have long lashes, but this stuff made them sky high. Not perfect, I won't go back to it, but it did perform well enough.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Another rubbish mascara from maybelline!!! It didn't do anything to my lashes. No length or volume!!! Just a clumpy black mess on my lashes!!! Terrible!!!