Maybelline INTENSE XXL mascara

Filtered by hair type : Other
Maybelline INTENSE XXL mascara
Enter Title

3.4

Great mascara- it really accentuates my lashes. It is not clumpy and reasonably priced for the decent quality product you get.

I have extremely straight eyelashes that are beyond difficult to maintain curl and length. I also have really bad luck with drug store mascaras and tend to purchase high-end ones due to the fact that they have a better curling and lasting power. The difference in prices is ridiculous though. $20 or $8?? I was convinced that there must be a good drugstore product and after watching a video of a girl on Youtube with a similar dilemma using XXL, I decided to check it out. THIS REALLY WORKS! You know from right of the bat that the magic behind this product is the white primer. WHY THEY DON'T SELL THE PRIMER ALONE IS MESMERIZING. I could purchase tons of this. It LENGTHENS, CURLS, and DOES NOT FLAKE. I would recommend NOT purchasing the WATERPROOF version simply because it is NOT WATERPROOF and because you would need an oil-based makeup remover to get it off. That simple negative aside, this is one of the BEST DRUGSTORE MASCARAS.

on 8/6/2011 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I hated this mascara. It was very clumpy and the formula made my lashes clump together. I would use the primer side first followed by the mascara, but every-time the layering process would create clumps and give me spidery lashes. I ended up finishing the product by just using the mascara side, but using it alone didn't provide much definition for my short thin lashes.

on 3/5/2011 10:21:00 PM

7-8 mascaras in rotation at all times and I keep coming back to this product. This and an eyelash curler make for a long fringe of lashes that look thick, yet natural. I keep buying it because the fiber end gets really yucky (thickened) very quickly for some reason. Thankfully it's cheap enough to replace more often than 3 months. If I take my time and apply this evenly and carefully, it lasts all day and night. A bit difficult to remove at night (takes more patience IMO) but it worth it. Best of all my lashes stay relatively flexible. This is a staple.

on 8/14/2010 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

One of the first mascaras I ever bought and I didn't know how to use the primer/mascara properly- now that I do, I really like this product. Gives great lashes, the primer lengthens very well. I will eventually repurchase if I find it on sale, but the whole two-step mascara thing doesn't always work for me because I'm lazy.

This mascara is just mediocre to me. It provides good lenghtening but not really a lot of volume. Its good for an everyday look, but I prefer more dramatic looking lashes. I like that it comes with a primer because it doesn't smudge or flake throughout the day. However, having a 2 sided tube makes it a bit difficult for application. I have a lot of trouble with the wand getting my inner corner lashes. If you put too much on it does tend to get clumpy. I prefer maybelline's colossal (minus the smell) to this so I won't repurchase. It might work for you if you like a more natural look or just want length not volume.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This mascara is amazing. Seriously, hand down, best drugstore mascara I have EVER tried.

For me, it holds a curl, and lengthens incredibly well!!! If you can't afford your higher end mascara, or just don't have the time or whatever to go get it, drop by your local drugstore and get this. I buy in "intese black" (it's often sold out at various CVS' in my city)

It would be almost identical to that YSL gold tube if it thickened better/ was more volumizing, and if the damn tube didn't dry out so fast (lasts about a quarter of the time a YSLgold thing lasts for me before drying out)!

The primer helps the mascara go on evenly, and helps lengthen... meaning I really do appreciate the primer!

The packaging is average. It's easy to put on, doesn't smudge, the brush/applicator is decent...

Overall this mascara is a gem in a sea of mediocre drugstore mascaras!!! Staying power is great. Application is easy (applies evenly). Holds a curl. Doesn't clump.

Only minuses:
dried out REALLY FAST (ridiculously so, almost)
For the pace at which is dries out it's almost worth it to just buy the Diorshow or YSL or Lancome, etc., etc.,... it's practically equal. However it really is a fabulous mascara!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

First off I would like to say I love maybelline. Even when I can't find a foundation in my color I still love the blush's and mineral veil powder. So I did not hesitate to try this mascara since I heard good reviews about it from the gurus on yt.
I like the primer and mascara duo. Though you get less product, you DO get a primer, which is GREAT. And to have it all in one product save a bit of space in my mu bag. I never had problems with it flaking, and the consistency is just right to work with when layering you mascara.
I was in a rush because my husband was nagging me to leave. So I quickly w/o looking grab the brown/black. ewwww, I need black mascara for my eyes.
It did not hold a curl but I LOVE how it did give my lashes a full affect. One think I hate about the primer is after it dried you lashes become stiff.
BUT the BIGGEST down fall of this product is that when I take it off at night it burns my eyes, if some happens to get in there. I never had a mascara burn my eyes! So yes I DID keep it cause it cost me 7$$ and I HATE to waist money. It's my every day mascara just cause I want to use it all up. I think I will stay with my Almay mascara for now. >.<

I don't like this mascara at all. I find it very clumpy, and it doesn't hold a curl for me at all. The lengthening properties are ok at best. Not great. I don't mind the smell, as I do with others, but I can't stand the clumps. It's fairly sticky when it's dry too.

on 5/26/2009 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

I'm sort of mixed on how to feel about this product.

Like others have mentioned, it is amazing for lengthening. However, the actual formula is very sticky on your lashes, plus it does clump quite a bit. It really sticks your lashes together.

The primer is a bit weird, it's really thick and difficult to evenly apply on your lashes. I don't recommend using it, all it does it cause little primer boogies to stick to your lashes.

You need to be careful to check on your make up from time to time with this product. If it dries out for too long, it will start flaking like crazy. However, the lengthening power was good, and it held curl decently. Having said that, I still don't think I'd buy it again.