Maybelline INTENSE XXL mascara

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium age: 44-55
Maybelline INTENSE XXL mascara
Enter Title

on 2/21/2008 2:54:00 PM

If you want long, spiky lashes, then I would try this. I saw a picture of myself and my lashes were almost too long for daytime. So if you are seeking an artificial lash or nighttime look without spending too much, give this a try. The wand is very short which creates a problem with application - it's awkward and I have to switch hands to get the outer lashes. (Makes me wonder if the marketing people actually USE the product before they send it out.) Once this mascara starts getting old (around week six-eight), as with most mascaras, it starts clumping and it looks bad on your lashes. I think the problem most are having with the primer is that they try to get too much on - a couple of good swipes works, plus not letting the primer dry completely. You don't have to totally coat your lashes with the primer and if you do, the look is sort of "overkill."

on 8/24/2006 10:44:00 AM

I am replacing my original review of this product. Since then, I tried two other highly rated mascaras, one drugstore brand and one very expensive department store brand. The comparison has really worked in Intense XXL's favor. This mascara/primer combination lengthens and adds volume without the fake, clumped look of some volumizing mascaras. It's now on my repurchase list.