Maybelline INTENSE XXL mascara

Maybelline INTENSE XXL mascara
Enter Title

3.3

on 3/5/2011 10:21:00 PM

7-8 mascaras in rotation at all times and I keep coming back to this product. This and an eyelash curler make for a long fringe of lashes that look thick, yet natural. I keep buying it because the fiber end gets really yucky (thickened) very quickly for some reason. Thankfully it's cheap enough to replace more often than 3 months. If I take my time and apply this evenly and carefully, it lasts all day and night. A bit difficult to remove at night (takes more patience IMO) but it worth it. Best of all my lashes stay relatively flexible. This is a staple.

on 6/15/2010 4:58:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

An Asian Review:
I have not-full-but-not-sparse, medium length lashes and sensitive eyes. Though this mascara fared better than the previous Maybelline mascaras I have tried, it is still not as good as I expected it to be.

First I curl my lashes, and I apply the primer all over and followed by the mascara. It does give a lovely thick look to my lashes but it did not hold my curl at all. Also when I tried to reapply/layer on, it starts to get clumpy and I can feel the heaviness on my lashes. On the plus side, it didnt irritate my eyes. However, I wouldnt repurchase.

on 3/19/2008 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

ive been using this stuff for a while after trying a friend's and liking it enough to go buy my own. i recently tried the curling version and found the XXL regular version to be better- the whole "primer+ mascara" idea sounds good but tends to weigh down my lashes with more unnecessary weight... so i usually just skip the primer altogether.

on 3/10/2007 6:07:00 PM

I bought this mascara, cause I'm searching for great makeup to wear, cause I'm going to be in a wedding soon. I think as far as the product goes, with my experience, it turns out wonderful on me every time. I curl my lashes first with my eyelash curler, as I have thin, light lashes, and they're short-medium in length. Then I apply the white primer and then mascara immediately before applying any primer or mascara to the other eye. My lashes look very full and long. The only problem I have with it is, at the end of the day, I come home and I have a little bit of the mascara that rubbed off the tops of my lashes onto my upper eyelid. I even use eyeshadow all over my eyelids, so it's not like my eyelids are oily at the end of the day and the mascara rubbed off onto the lids. It's the type of mascara it is. I have used others that haven't rubbed off on me, but then again, none of them have given me the lush, long length that this mascara has. I might buy it again some other time, cause of the results. But I'm still on the lookout for that perfect mascara that will give me those dramatic eye lashes. I'd pay 30.00 even to find it for this one special occasion, and then those date nights with my husband as well.:)

I think it's a great product. It made my eyelashes seem thicker AND longer. I will buy the same brand again... Although I disliked the amount of clumps I would get. I guess I was applying too much, if you just apply a good amount, you'll be good.

Mascara is a funny thing. Something that is fabulous for me may very well be your worst nightmare and vice versa. For me, this mascara was really quite good. My lashes curl naturally and they are somewhere in the middle lengthwise. One coat of this on top of the primer gave my lashes a natural look. three coats gave me a false lash look. It did not clump at all and it didn't flake either. I have so many different mascara's and I continue to try them. This one was a positive experience. I would buy it again on sale.

on 9/17/2006 4:35:00 PM

Hard to apply and even harder to remove. The two step process was more effort than I wanted to give, especially when I'm rushed for time on weekday mornings. I also found the brushes to be too long and clumsy to use to get the end lashes. I gave it a 2 because I did get long lashes but the effort involved and the smudging that followed make this a product I won't repurchase.

pros: thicker longer lashes!
cons: clumpsville and globs and uncurls lashes
i try to run the mascara bottle under hot water and it makes the formula easier to apply onto lashes.. less clumping. intense XXl wud rock if it didnt glop together. need a lash comb and a heated curler.

on 5/18/2006 7:35:00 PM

I just bought this Maybelline intense XXL mascara in very black yesterday. I tried this morning and guess what? I love it!!! It's cheap for only $5 so I buy another one today to stock up. I really like it...it lengthens my lashes and it stay curl for the whole day. My eyes have never been so beautiful. Girls..please give a try!

This is by far the best mascara I have ever tried! It lengthens wonderfully, although it only thickens a little bit. My lashes look 10x longer and more defined! Definately repurchase