Paula's Choice customer service

No Image

Not tested on animals

on 3/6/2017 8:43:00 AM

Beware! It is impossible to change or cancel a Paula's Choice order once it has been made, at least in Europe. I realised in my last order that I had mistakenly ordered the wrong product, which is easy to do because so many of their products are similarly packaged and named. I contacted their customer service by e-mail less than 10 minutes after submitting my order. Two days later, I got a response that once orders are submitted, they cannot be changed or cancelled. The order had still not been shipped at this point. Once the order did ship, I contacted Paula's Choice again and asked them to call the carrier (DHL) and recall the package. Again, they said that was impossible and told me to refuse the package or send it back at my own expense. When the package arrived, I tried to refuse the package but the carrier (DHL) refused to refuse the package??? Which okay. Because almost all online companies include a returns label in the box but not Paula's Choice. In the end PC did send me a paid returns label but only because I persisted. They made it clear that they were making an exception for me.

I am a regular PC customer and I'm normally very happy with their prices, products, policies and ease of ordering. But if their ordering system does not allow for cancellations minutes after the fact, that is pretty ridiculous. I was also left waiting 2-3 days to get responses by email, which even over the weekend, I feel is too long for a major online business.

on 9/23/2015 4:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I can only rave about Paula's Choice customer service in the UK. I've ordered a few products from them over the years (BHA 1% gel, BHA 2% liquid & the skin recovery moisturiser) and unfortunately my skin reacted to them (its sensitive beyond belief). They replied to my email within a couple of days and refunded me for a product that was out with the 30 day returns due to the reaction I had, without the need to send it back. Little while later, I emailed about returning the skin recovery moisturiser that was within the 30 day cut off and the next day I received a reply that they were refunding me without the need to return the product. Thus, they saved me spending silly money shipping it to their return place in the Netherlands. It has been the best experience I've had with any company's customer service and despite the reactions I had, I would buy from them again simply because I know if I have any problems they will be rectified.
UPDATE: A lovely customer service representative from Paula's Choice called me and said she really wanted to help with the issues I'd been having with my skin.She recommended some products that will hopefully suit my tricky skin more than the ones I'd been choosing myself and sent out samples for me to try. Fantastic service!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I felt a little compelled to write something in here, since I didn't even know someone added the customer service. I actually have never received this outstanding service everyone raves about. I have been ordering from them for about 2 yrs. Any time I call for guidance on a product the reps always seem bothered, never ask my name, sometimes cut me off to blame it on "user error". I have never heard any of them laugh, never been suggested other products that may help instead of something that didn't work for me. They always seem rushed to get off the phone, I don't know... I just don't understand how calling so many times, I could always get the same kind of attitudes or demeanors. I returned a product that broke me out and when I called the second time to discus other alternatives, I felt pressured to keep using the product. I had used the product for over a month and she said I should try it for 2 more weeks that my skin was prob purging, no...that wasn't the case. Oh well, just thought I would comment incase anyone else feels the same and feels crazy after reading such raving reviews.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

If you are considering ordering something from Paula's Choice I am here to testify that it was a pleasure to do business with them and their customer service is incredible. I started ordering some of their products last year. I've loved everything I have ordered from them except one particular product.
I wrote a review on the product I didn't like and within 24 hours customer service contacted me via e-mail, gave me a full refund (even though I didn't ask for one) of the product I didn't like, AND sent me several samples of my most favorite products. All of it within ONE week!
I swear I have not had such an outstanding customer service like this with any other business, not even Sephora (who takes WEEKS to process a return and credit it to my account).
Give PC a try. Your satisfaction truly is guaranteed with Paula's Choice!

on 1/15/2014 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I don't know about the product, but I sure do love the delivery! Arrive earlier than expected! Other companies should follow the same suit!

on 12/13/2013 11:44:00 AM

I've just begun using PC products as of a week ago and the gradual results and changes in my skin have been wonderful thus far! I had ordered the Skin Balancing system along with a sample of the BHA 9 to try and I instantly loved them both... so of course, I ordered a full size of BHA 9.

Well when my order *finally* arrived, it contained a bottle of the C15 Booster, not my BHA 9. I was disappointed but was ecstatic to see they had Customer Service hours on Sundays. So I called and the rep told me to keep the C15 bottle and that they would send out my BHA 9 right away at no charge. She only asked for the order ID number from the packing slip and the Warehouse stamp (WH-17).

The only thing that is odd to me is that these items ship to me from Washington and I live in Cali. They are being sent via USPS First Class Mail, but or some reason are taking a week to get to me and the tracking info doesn't update on any of my orders. Most anything I order doesn't take that long to get here, even if it's coming from the East Coast... so that's a little disappointing, but I'll just have to reorder things like 2 weeks before they run out so I get them in time. I know that the speed/faults of USPS are not controlled by Paula's Choice so they still get 5 lippys on everything!!

on 8/26/2013 2:08:00 PM

I had a problem with a tube of the skin balancing mask randomly popping open at the seam one day. I was wary to contact them as i'd never seen a product do this before and assumed it would be too unbelievable to be believed. I needn't have worried, I asked for a replacement and they sent one immediately, and they just asked for the factory number. Super easy. They contacted me 2 weeks after I received the replacement to ask if i had received it and i said yes and thats that, no questioning or harassment.

My only gripes...In the email i sent I asked whether the rest of the open tube, despite me not finding a way to keep it air tight, would be safe and or effective to use. They said it would be, but this sort of makes no sense to me considering Paula's strong opinion on air tight containers with small openings being the only stable/ safe way of keeping antioxidants and ingredients working. Random thought.

Also I don't think that the returns thing is viable in the UK, if I ever bought something I didn't like, without detailing a face melting incident on the sites own comments I doubt id get my money back because sending the items back would cost money which is a deterrent in a way.

Amazingly good customer service. One product did not agree with me, and I gave it away (Retin-A is too strong for me). Customer service attended to me when I simply wrote about my experience on the web site. I was really not expecting that.

on 7/8/2010 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ugh........I have to return some of my products and I notice they don't cover shipping charges for returns...so basically, I will have to pay another 20 bucks just to return the item!!

on 3/13/2010 10:44:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I am more than pleased with the Paula's Choice customer service. Please note that I am reviewing the EU/ Dutch customer service. I have always received my orders very promptly, one or two days after placing my order. However, one day my package got lost in the mail and someone else somehow ended up with the package and even signed for it. Now, I have no idea who that person was, but the point is, I never got the package and Paula's Choice thought that I did receive it, since there was a signature for delivery. However, after explaining the situation they sent me a new package without any extra cost and they even emailed me afterwards to make sure that I received that package. I have asked them questions about what products to use and how to use them, and my questions were always replied to very quickly. I have been ordering from PC for over 2 years and I definitely planning on ordering more from PC in the future.

Popular Other Products