OPI Purple with a Purpose

OPI Purple with a Purpose
Purple with a Purpose

4.6

on 11/26/2017 5:00:00 PM

Purple With A Purpose is from OPI Brights range. It's a medium purple, shimmer polish (almost a metallic). I like it, but I don't love it.

The first coat is rather shear/thin, the second coat goes on much better, but I have noticed slightly balder patches by the base of the nails (where I started with the brush), so I used the 3rd coat to even it out. It took slightly longer than usual to dry.

I can't understand why I wasn't bowled over with this polish, as usually I am into purples and shimmers. However, on day 2 I applied ILNP The Magician over it as a topper and I liked it so much more like this.

on 9/22/2017 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the purple I've been looking for. I love shimmer polishes on my toes and this one is a deep, rich shade of purple that looks amazing in sunlight and isn't so dark that it looks black in low light. It went on very smoothly and evenly (like most OPI polishes) and was completely opaque in 2 coats. I add a topcoat of Sally Hansen Hard as Nails which gives it a little extra shine. After a week, my toes look like I just painted them--no chips! I will definitely buy more when I run out.

on 1/29/2017 4:42:00 AM

This polish proves that Shimmer polishes will never go out of fashion. It's a rich shimmery jewel tones purple, a colour you can wear year round. This was two easy coats and looked nice and classic. Definitely a favourite for future.

on 1/13/2017 1:57:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Beautiful medium purple, looks great with glitter layered overtop as well as on it's own. Opaque in 2 coats and lasts about average length on me. Would repurchase.

on 8/29/2013 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Finding myself in need of a new purple nail polish, I sought out my favorite brand, OPI. I am very pleased to say that this does the trick for me! The color is a tad lighter than I had been looking for, but it's so pretty that I don't mind. It requires more than one layer, but two works just fine for me. It dries very quickly and I haven't had any problems chipping. The price is also quite cheap, which makes this a very good find!

on 1/11/2013 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I do agree with other commenters, you do need three coats to get it fully opac! But the colour is beautiful and not too dark or light, I have been looking for a colour like this for a while, now that I finally got it I love it. I bought OPI's other colour No Room For The Blues and Purple With A Purpose together for $25, which is two for the price of one in Australia, and I don't regret anything.

on 5/23/2012 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a shiny purple polish. I bought it because it's a medium shade of purple and I have a hard time finding a colour like this (they're usually quite dark or very light).
My biggest complaint about this polish was how it went on. Went on super streaky, and needs three coats. I thought I could get away with two, but I regret not putting a third on because there's still so many streaks.
It is a gorgeous colour once it's on though.

on 4/18/2012 8:27:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Oh. My. God. This color is simply phenomenal. I finished painting my nails an hour ago and I can't stop staring at them. Beautiful medium purple and applies like a dream. The formula isn't runny nor thick, it's just right and I reached full opacity in 2 good coats. Can't comment on wear just yet, but if it's an issue I will update. Definitely one of my top 5 colors.

on 3/9/2012 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is such a gorgeous shade and my first OPI polish too! This is one of those shades where what you see is what you get, the color stays true to what you see on the bottle and is a beautiful purple (with just a hint of shimmer). It's dark enough to be worn on a night out but even light enough for daytime wear.The consistency is just right although a little on the thicker side. Stays put for quite a while. Would definitely recommend this shade if you're looking for a darkish purple color!

love this purple polish! OPI polish is always on the expensive side for a cheapo like me, but the finish is worth the splurge :)

Popular Polishes