Orly Naughty

Orly Naughty

4.5

on 7/2/2005 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Now this is a good polish. Though I will still shell out for OPI occasionally, this stuff is good and you can't beat the price. It is so much better than Essie's Wicked to me. It is a deep black red with no shimmer. Not for the faint of heart, but very classic. Love this!

on 7/17/2005 5:03:00 PM

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this before - it's my favorite deep red polish. I bought it years ago as a cheap alternative to Vamp, and I still love it. Orly has great quality and shine, and the new rubber caps on the bottles are a great addition.

I love this color. Every now and then our Sally's marks down Orly nail polishes. I don't understand that, but I was able to pick this up for $2, next week the same color was on the shelf with a different colored cap. I don't get that, but I know I love this color. I like how there is not any sparkles in this nail polish. I am able to apply this on with no streaks, and that is a feat for me. I love this for a winter/fall color. I also love the color Minds Eye, which is another nice color on me.

on 10/16/2005 10:06:00 PM

A no holds barred dark black-red creme, the darkest polish I own that isn't outright black. This is isn't a subtle shade by any means- it's bold yet beautiful. I also love how smoothly this polish applies- two coats gives full coverage with no streaks. Perhaps my favorite of the "Vamp"-y polishes.

on 11/16/2005 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Would I buy it again? OH HELL YES.

I am in love with Orly Naughty. I know, I say this about a new polish every week, but when I am in LOVE, I am in it deeply. Naughty is one of the most gorgeous dark red Vamp-alike colors ever.

To compare it to some similar colors:

LPAD: Naughty isn't as dark, and is straight red, not plum

Vamp: Naughty is less brown, I think. It's definitely less brown than Essie Wicked and not as plum as Revlon Vixen.

It's like that type of red glass (ruby glass?) which looks black at some angles, and dark luscious red in the light. Two thin coats will give you opaque coverage. It may look streaky when first applied, but it will even out.

It's pretty cheap (at Sally's or on Head2ToeBeauty.com) so definitely give it a try if you like dark reds! continued >>

on 1/1/2006 5:12:00 PM

I am a total addict when it comes to super-dark vampy colors for nails, as you can see if you read my other reviews! This one is great. In the bottle it looked very brownish to me, but on my nails it's a blackened red pretty similar to Essie Wicked and all my other favorites. Lasting power is good, even on tips- I am impressed- and the formula is easy to work with. This color made me a true Orly fan.

on 3/8/2006 9:56:00 PM

This is a beautiful, deep blackend red creme polish. It is less brown that Essie Wicked and I don't see any plum to it either. It is so dark that from some angles it looks black and from others a deep red.
My only complaint is that it took three coats. Two coats was ok but I am super critical about streaks and I could still see a few.
I love the bottle, that rubber cap is a great idea.
The wear on this polish is amazing. I am super hard on dark polishes and this one lasted one day with not a chip or noticeable wear. I will definitely keep this polish in my collection.

on 7/21/2006 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Most dark shades like Chanel Vamp,Revlon Vixen,Essie Wicked take on fuchcia tones with me but not Naughty..Naughty looks straight up black but in the light you can see the red undertones ..I don't get the brown that a few of the reviews suggest.descent wear too..Lasts about a week&1/2 without a top coat before it starts to chip

on 8/23/2006 7:01:00 PM

I debated for ages on whether to buy this, and it really didn't look all that intriguing in the bottle... but I picked this up on impulse, as a pick-me-up after a terrible day where I just wanted my nails to be as dark as they could (this was the darkest polish at Sally Beauty at the time).

The first coat went on a deep red. The second coat was a blackened red, and the third coat made it a red-tinged black creme. This went on so smoothly and so glossy. It seemed streaky at first, but the streaks evened themselves out. This is just great; I keep staring at my nails. I don't get any brown or purple, though (NC25, olive complected). continued >>

on 9/6/2006 3:35:00 PM

great dark, vamp color that is so very "it" now. goes on great and dries fast and has lots of staying power even without a top coat. got this at sally's for way cheaper then ulta.

Popular Polishes