Dior Nail Glow Nail Enhancer

Nail Glow Nail Enhancer

4.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Other

HG nail polish: ticks all the boxes!
My go-to nail polish for evening and special occasions, such as mother of the bride (three times!..including step-mum once). I cannot regularly wear nail polish during the daytime due to my occupation, which requires frequent hand-washing and short nails.
GRWM: I apply Nail Glow the day of a special occasion, after having first run the Sally Hansen white pencil under my short to medium nail tips (I grow them out a bit before a special event), and having pushed back the cuticles and applied cuticle cream the night before.
The beautiful feature of Nail Glow is that it does not chip off, leaving unsightly marks on nails. It magically fades away, no need to use nail polish remover, which I loathe. It applies perfectly with the beautiful wide brush, one layer is perfect if you want an entirely natural polished look.
Although pricey, this bottle has lasted me several years; I store it in the dark, apparently that makes it last longer. Each time it applies perfectly: no streaking, just a slight pink tint, as if you had freshly buffed your nails.
Secret tip: to get long-lasting hydration for your hands and cuticles to complement the beautiful finish of Nail Glow, use Tatcha's camellia oil based Hydrating Mist. The hydration lasts through several hand-washings. I get lots of compliments on my hands and nails, and I'm almost 70 years old - think of the compliments you'll get if you are younger! Enjoy your special occasion whatever your age and whatever the celebration!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not for me.
I have a white nails tips, but as soon as I put any clear polish they somehow became not so white. This one isn't an exception. My nails look better without it.
The very sheer bright pink color wasn't flattering to my warm skin tone. It turned my nails into something super shiny but pinky-blue. Not a look I was hoping for.
On the bright side, it dries really fast and the application brush is a dream.
For people with warm skin tone, I suggest trying it first at a store and see if you like how it looks.

on 2/20/2017 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Great product!

on 9/29/2016 3:49:00 PM

I'm on at least my 5th bottle of this since it came out a few years prior. This stuff is amazing. Yes, $27 is extremely steep for a stupid nail polish but in all seriousness it is totally almost worth it because it's basically all I EVER wear now.
My only complaint (other than the price), is that I wish the brush was a little longer as I have a hard time getting the bottom last 1/4 -1/8 of the polish out of the bottle - not too big of a deal but for $27 you best believe I'm going to want 100% of the polish used up! Also, a slightly wider width flat brush would be ideal, but not completely necessary.
Other than that? No complaints!
Back in the day, I used to wear Orly French Manicure in Beverly Hills Pink (not Plum), and while I liked the pink tint, it wore horribly as would chip off within a day and eventually cause yellowing, plus never revealed much shine. The Dior Glow polish is the same idea as the Orly polish was supposed to do but actually DELIVERS on its performance and the outcome of clean, fresh, shiny!!!, simple, glow-y nails that look good for days, is 100x's better.

I hope Dior NEVER DC's this polish or reformulates - it is the BEST. I never bother with anything else now.

This is only like the most perf nail product ever conceived. WHAT IS THIS SORCERY?? I admit it was the best $27 I've spent in a very long time. I've only ever been disappointed by 1 Dior product (the cheek-lip stain was underwhelming for $37), I've got the Abricot cuticle cream on order then I'm slowing down some! (I always say that!!), but this does not chip. I've had it on for nearly a week & it looks just as pretty as the day I applied it. Again I say, "WHAT IS THIS SORCERY U SPEAK OF???" I say it's the magic of Dior. I did 2 coats nothing else no base/top coats just a double light mist of Formula X fast drying spray. It was dry in about ten mins! This is the best on short neatly clipped freshly scrubbed nails; this takes my ratchet nubs & turns them into shiny, neat, tidy & sophisticated Parisienne manicure &this is an easily accomplished look any1 can do, trim ur cuticles, clipper & file nails, buffer block, & Dior nail glow (optional fast dry spray). A simple mani here w gratuity is ~$15+ on natural nails, but this is a good DIY product if u dislike salons & U can def get more than 2 manis out of this bottle & this is about as low maintenance as 1 can get for nails. If u have to have ur nails look tidy & clean this is 4U!

Holy Grail stuff, guys. It costs a fortune ($27!!!), but please believe me when I say it is worth every single penny. One coat on your nails lasts and lasts. On average, I get a week of shine, no chips, and nails looking ladylike and lovely, with only one coat. My nails are stronger and healthier. With Glow, I finally have the hands I have always wanted and I get many compliments on how pretty and healthy my nails are.

Like I said, it is very pricey, but it is worth every dime. HIGHLY recommended.

on 4/11/2016 8:00:00 PM

Yes I agree with the previous reviewer-- it does smell!! I threw it away 90% full bc I literally just couldn't take it any longer.

Also the more fair you are the more layers you need to put to have it not just look like clear nail polish. My friend is nc35-- she got a beautlful pink healthy glow with just 1 layer. In the summer when I'm nc20/25 I need two layers for it to look pink-- in the winter I need 3 layers-- at which point it hardly seems worth it-- bc instead of looking like pretty natural nails it just looks like a transparent pink nail polish.

I wanted this for a one coat and done- simple, every day healthy nail look, and for me it really couldn't provide that.

It was nice enough for what it was but yes it does smell awful

on 4/11/2016 6:00:00 PM

I like everything about this polish (the colour, the shine, the brush, it dries quickly, comes in a nice bottle) but IT SMELLS AWFUL, even several hours after application, and with only one coat. Thus, the 2/5 rating.

on 4/3/2016 7:21:00 PM

I have given up wearing nail polish as I don't have the time for the constant upkeep but always feel my nails don't look quite "done" as a result. This is perfect for me ... I wear it all the time. Just a nice gloss/glow that doesn't show chips or wear at all. A cinch to put on, dries in an instant. Off to put some on now ...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Gives your nails a nice, natural sheen that is fairly long lasting. I love the application brush-one of the best brushes for polish I have ever used.

Popular Polishes