Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat

Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat

Butyl Acetate, Toluene, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Butoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Benzophenone-1.

Why do I bother with this junk? Yes, my nails dry incredibly quick, and they look amazing in the morning.. BUT within 1 day, they peel off! Seriously. What the heck? I just did my nails 3 days ago and half of the polish on every nail is gone. I've used a few bottles and I always think, what's the point of using this crap? I am done with this inferior product. I will keep my nails natural until I find something else better.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This product stinks to high heaven, there's no getting around it. But because it works so beautifully, I put up with its odor.

Frankly, I like the way this makes my nails look better than I do with any other top coat. It's just as shiny looking as the gel top coats that are $5 a pop at the nail salon for a single treatment.

I definitely recommend this for people who enjoy having the professional "wet" shiny look on their nails.

With that being said, I don't think that Seche Vite makes your nail polish last longer at all. I have a feeling that has more to do with how oily the nail beds are to begin with, rather than with the quality of the top coat or the polish by itself.

To Read all 1756 Reviews, Login or Join

I love how fast it dries but after reading reviews I finally realized why my nail polish never lasted. I always wondered why I couldn't go a full week with nail polish on, and it wasn't until I read that other girls had the same issue with this top coat. I guess this top coat makes your nail polish chip quickly and I am a victim of that!

A thin, shiny, fast-drying and durable top coat. With a decent base coat and traditional polish, I usually can get a full week of chip-free wear (I am hard on my nails). I can be cheap, but this is worth the (somewhat increased) price for me. I am glad I finally took the plunge!

on 5/27/2016 9:08:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This does dry quickly and has a fair amount of shine which I like but I find it peels and chips fairly quickly and I don't like it as much as Sally Hansen Insta Dri (red bottle). Scent is quite strong too. Would not repurchase.

on 5/21/2016 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Yes this top coat dried fast, but it smelt sooooo horrible and made my nail polish worse somehow. It peels off in huge pieces and my nail polish was practically gone after putting the laundry in the washing machine. This is the worst top coat I've ever used.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I have never, ever review a nail product, never thought there would be a need. They're fingernails. Paint, touch-up, wait forever to dry and repeat 3 days later.

I was in a waiting room a couple of days ago reading a year-old magazine. One of the features of the magazine was going through the contents of a star's purse. This feature was on Stevie Nicks and she proclaimed her love for Seche Vite. I kind of dismissed it, as again its just fingernails.

Last night I did my nails before bed and, as usual, even though I used a drying light, a drying spray and a quick-dry top coat, AND slept lying flat on my back without touching a thing, I still had ridges and marks on my nails when I woke up today. A couple of nails were so damaged that the polish was matte-looking in addition to ridges and marks.

During my weekly Wal-mart run I saw Seche Vite out of the corner of my eye as I went to get polish remover so I could do this nonsense all over again tonight. I was like "wait, I recognize that brand" so I investigated further. They only had the one option, the dry quick top coat. It was a few dollars more than I'd normally spend on a top coat, but if Stevie Nicks loves it I figured it was worth a try.

Holy cow! I'm never using another top coat. I'm about to go investigate and see what else this company makes because I'm going to need one of each. I put the top coat on just to see if it made any difference on my jacked-up nails, fully prepared to go back and get a $9 refund.

My nails look like I just had a professional manicure! The ridges and lines are hidden beneath this shiny, wet-liquidy-looking finish that dried hard in just a couple of minutes. I wish I had before and after photos to show you! I'm hooked!

Okay - yes, this top coat is great. It dries unbelievably fast and sets your nails in probably less than two minutes. I also paint my nails before bed a lot and this stopped those weird lines I sometimes woke up with from my bedding. BUT I am so fed up with how this stuff becomes gloopy and thick before you're even half way done the bottle. And yes, I have bought the Seche Restore and no, it doesn't help. I can add probably 10 drops of it and get the top coat to an almost usable state, but within a few days when I go to use the top coat again, it's back to being thick and unusable. Really, really frustrating. Going to look for something that actually lasts the bottle....

on 4/5/2016 7:12:00 AM

I am new to wearing nail polish/nail designs on a regular basis. Having a small child, I will say this product is awesome. It does what it says.Although, It does not work well with nail tape. We know it shrinks while drying, so it tends to run the nail polish over the tape. It works best without nail art. I have had some luck with self adhesive stickers but it will distort any stickers close to the ends due to shrinkage. It is important to wrap the free edge off your nail with polishnand also apply over WET polish!!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Best overall topcoat in my opinion. Dries even faster than the "quick dry" ones. Worth the price, shiny, gel finish. Absolutely LOVE it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

My top 5 fave beauty items, right now - Seche Vite dry fast top coat by Denim Vixen

Product Wars - Episode 13 by fionaman