Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat

Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat

Butyl Acetate, Toluene, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Butoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Benzophenone-1.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Dries fast but peels within a day, two at most.

on 7/8/2017 12:47:00 PM

I don't love it. SV makes my polish peel off, often in one piece. Yes it dries quickly, looks glossy, and is thick enough to smooth out bumpy glitter. But it only looks good for about a day. Then the peeling begins.

INM's Out the Door is the best fast-dry top coat out there!!! It's my HG top coat and I recommend it a million times over Seche Vite.

I wouldn't buy this again.

on 7/2/2017 1:27:00 AM

I am obsessed with this top coat! I love that it dries quickly and leaves your nails looking shiny and glossy. The thing that I love the most about this top coat is that it extends the wear of my nail polish. Without a top coat, I've had OPI and Essie nail polishes start to chip about 1-3 days after I applied them. With the Seche Vite top coat, my nail polishes generally last at least 1 week and sometimes 2 before they begin to chip. Also, when the top coat starts getting thick, place the bottle in some warm water prior to or even when you're using it. This should help reduce the thickness. Overall, this is a great product and I recently repurchased another bottle.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

For me, this is the gold standard. I have never been disappointed with Seche Vite in all of my years of doing at-home manis. It dries so fast and wears well on me, so I have zero complaints. I have tried several other quick drying top coats, but I always come back to Seche because nothing else has compared.

on 6/16/2017 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the best nail polish top coat that I have ever used! After applying this, my manicure dries down very quickly. It also makes my nails appear very smooth, shiny and glossy. Even though I am impatient and often knock my nails against objects before applying the top coat, I don't have to worry about removing it and reapplying it as this top coat can help to smooth over minor dents.

One downside of this is that the bottle of top coat easily dries up before I can finish using it, even though I use it quite frequently. Therefore, I would recommend using the Seche Vite Restore to prolong the longevity of this top coat.

on 6/15/2017 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a must have. I can't say good enough things about this! I can never do my nail polish without it, because I have no patience to wait for a color to set in half a day. This makes manicure easier! It leaves a beautiful shine tol!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I can't do a decent manicure on myself without this or Maxus topcoat. This dries fast leaves a shiny gloss finish and smooths out a nail polish that can be hard to work with like some of the Essie colors - such as blanc and some of their cream nudes. As far as longevity goes of course it extends your manicure probably not as long s my maxus topcoat, I'm a little hard on my nails being in medicine and also a avid hiker with two large dogs. I usually do a at home manicure because I don't get gels or wraps and I usually chip my manicure by the end of week one. Just the same this is a must have.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Love this stuff. Dries fast, and makes my manicures last for days. No issues with shrinkage.

Makes your nails look really shiny and pretty but there's no lasting power at all. Had my nails done for one day and the next day I noticed chipping on every nail. At one point I got some tape stuck to my nail and when I peeled it off the top coat came with it. Opi and nails inc make better top coats.

on 4/29/2017 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Most people love this. I don't. Even when I thought I applied as directed, it discolored the pigment of a few lighter polishes; I have experienced peeling and shrinking; and, I have thrown out half finished bottles. I think the peeling might be attributed to the thickening SV coat. Incidentally, the first few times it discolored a polish, I got into the habit of applying a regular top coat before applying the SV. But then why not just buy some quick dry top coat from Sally Hansen. I did buy some orly product for a while, but it wasn't noticeably better than the cheaper stuff. I just did a quick search and apparently wet and wild has a good quick dry top coat. So that will be on the list next time I go shopping. The nail on the coffin was when I realized that a few thin coats of WnW polish milk shade over Bareille camoflague base lasted longer, was less fussy to apply and dried reasonably quickly.