Seche Dry Fast Top Coat

Seche Dry Fast Top Coat

Butyl Acetate, Toluene, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Butoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Benzophenone-1.

on 10/16/2018 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse

The best

on 9/26/2018 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this for almost 10 years and I still have a love/hate relationship with it.

It does dry super fast, and it's the best quick-dry topcoat I've ever used, all things considered. It's nice and glossy, gives my nails a smooth look, and it does keep my polish from chipping just a little longer than other topcoats I've tried. So, it's kind of my HG topcoat, because it's generally reliable, but things about it annoy me.

It has the same issue a lot of other quick-dry topcoats have: it gets super thick and goopy pretty fast after you open a new bottle. I've had my current bottle since maybe spring of this year (so 6 months at most, probably more like 4), it's almost half empty, and it's almost completely unusable. They do make drops to thin it, but I've never found any (from the Seche brand or any other) anywhere near me, and I can never remember to order some. I'm also cheap, though, so I do the same thing I've done with thick polishes since middle school: I add a couple drops of pure acetone and shake it up.That's not the best idea, for a number of reasons, but it does work.

Maybe this is just my issue, but I also find that cleaning up mistakes is so much harder when I use this topcoat. That really sucks because I don't have the steadiest hands, so I always end up with polish on my skin around my nails. (The other quick-dry topcoat I use when I can't find Seche Vite, also makes it slightly more difficult, but nowhere near as bad as Seche. Like, on a scale of 1-10 with 1 being super easy and 10 being impossible, other topcoats are maybe a 4 and Seche is an 8.)

Honestly, I like this best on my toes. My toenail polish always lasts waaaay longer than my fingernails anyway before it starts to chip, and this stuff can keep my polish locked on for a month without chips (as I found out last year when I had surgery and couldn't pain my toes for like 6 weeks haha.) I've also found my toenails look shinier longer than my fingernails. I just painted my fingernails less than 24 hours ago, and the shine is already significantly dulled (and I haven't really done much since painting them). It looks no different from any other topcoat. But for the first twelve to twenty-four hours after painting, this stuff is way shinier than other topcoats I've used. My toes, however, were still quite shiny last time I removed my polish, and it had been over a week since I painted them.

Pros:
-Not too expensive anymore (it's actually cheaper than Essie and OPI at my local Walmart)
-Usually easy to find in stores
-Dries super fast
-Very shiny initially
-Gives nails a smooth and even look
-Helps prevent chipping for a couple of days (usually)

Cons:
-Goes thick pretty quickly
-Loses shine after about 1-2 days
-When it does go thick, it will most likely ruin your manicure
-Makes cleaning up the edges much more difficult (maybe this is just me)
-Doesn't really extend my manicure more than maybe a day longer than any other topcoat

on 9/21/2018 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I do not understand why people are complaining about the price! I bought my Seche Vite for $6 at Wal-Mart!
I ordered it online along with the basecoat. I had both in less than a week.
The product its self is amazing!! Personally, I like to switch my nail color about twice a week, so this top coat is perfect! Super shiny, dries fast, and is long-lasting (for someone like me)
I did NOT experience any horrible odors, it looking "scratchy" after a few days, or it being "thick".
With any paining of nails, you have your base coat, 2 layers of color, then a top coat. With ANY polish (not top coat), doing daily tasks will make the polish peel.
If you have never tried this product, I encourage you to give this a shot. I for one LOVE IT! And for $6, why not?!

When I first purchased this topcoat, it would completely peel off, taking the polish with it, after 2 days. I tried applying it with no basecoat..It worked...
I apply 2 coats of whatever polish I’m using to naked nails, followed by Seche Vite. Not only does it dry shiny, and super fast, it lasts well over a week. I’ve been using this method almost 2 years!!

on 6/6/2018 2:26:00 AM

At the time I was looking for a top coat, this and Vinylux Weekly were the highest rated topcoats on MUA. I chose to try the Vinylux, but ended up getting a mini bottle of Seche as well when I saw it on sale at Sally’s. SV lasts about the same as Vinylux, which is to say 4-7 days before chipping without a base coat. And that’s really as long as I need my polish to last, since after a week I have enough nail growth to show a gap at the cuticle, and by then am generally bored with whatever I’m wearing and want to change it up. The problem I had with the Vinylux is that it tends to bubble, especially if I’m not extra careful to use as thin of coats as I can. Seche Vite never bubbles! Oh and I adore how brilliantly shiny SV is. That alone makes me prefer it. The other really cool thing about it is that it dries super fast. I can touch it without smudging in about 45 seconds! If you’re like me, and typically smudge and have to redo at least one nail every time you paint your nails, this is a great advantage.

The brush it comes with is pretty standard, it does the job fine though it’s nothing special like the excellent wide brush favored by Vinylux. Though it’s only fair to mention it’s also almost half the price of Vinylux(if you get it at Sally’s anyway). My only complaint about the packaging may be specific to the mini sized bottle. One day I accidentally knocked the little bottle off my desk and onto the floor of my extremely untidy bedroom. Though I cleaned up that whole area of the room looking for it, I couldn’t find it. It was only 2 weeks later I happened to notice where it fell. It’s small, and it is a clear glass bottle with clear fluid and a black cap. Difficult to see :( But hey, that also describes most other topcoats as well doesn’t it?

I’m sure there are other great topcoats out there, but there is a reason so many people swear by Seche Vite. Even though I’ve heard good things about some other more obscure topcoats sold at Sally’s, I’m going to buy a full size bottle of SV when I run out. It’s good stuff.

on 5/9/2018 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ok, hear me out. This is not a miracle in a bottle for everyone and it is possible to do everything right and still have this chip the next day. I did EVERYTHING right, I made sure of that, I could NOT have been more meticulous with this. I removed the grease off my nails, I washed my hands with dish soap and then wiped them with alcohol. I used Orly Bonder base coat. I applied 2 coats of nail polish and then, after I finished polishing one hand with color, I immediately applied Seche Vite, with the polish still wet, as instructed, wrapping the tips, as I always do. It lasted perfectly until the next day in the evening, when I washed my hair. I got 2 large chips then. I tried it with Zoya polishes and OPI polishes so not cheap. And Orly Bonder, the holy grail everyone prays odes to.

This is just like every other top coat out there. Will chip within the first days when you wash your hair. The only thing I can give to this top coat is that it dries fast so I will use it If I need to go out and want to have my nails done but not wait hours for it to be dry. I would most likely not repurchase because there are other dry fast top coats that do the same thing out there.

If anyone knows what else can I do to get the mythical 7 day manicure, preferably including Seche Vite and/or Orly Bonder since I already have them,(I'd be happy with 5 days or even 4days) please send me a message and tell me how. Because I tried everything and still failed.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Ok. So this does dry your polish faster. I won’t dispute that. And it is shiny for the first 1-2 days. However, I did find that it chips. Also it peels off and after day 2, it causes the surface to have a scratched appearance. I much prefer revlons fast drying top coat as it is a few dollars cheaper and just as shiny, and prevents chipping better. Also, this top coat has a very very strong chemical smell. Not even a normal “nail polish chemical” scent.

on 3/24/2018 6:23:00 PM

The scent is very over-powering. It does work, but I'm kind of on the fence about whether to continue using it just use a top coat for LED gel manicures.

To be honest initially I thought this was a total fail and couldn’t understand how anyone would like it as it made my varnish chip from day one. However I was decided to give it another chance and tried multiple combinations of base coat and nail varnishes until I found the winning one. I now use a OPI base coat, then the coloured varnish and then the seche vite top coat and they last between 5 to 7 days looking flawless😊

on 2/25/2018 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I don't see how some people love this, it makes my nails chip like crazy and in some cases the whole polished nail comes away, it dries fast but that's about it, the Catrice top coat is better than this and a fraction of the price, soz Seche Vite, it's a no from me :(

Popular Top/Base Coats