Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat

Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat

Butyl Acetate, Toluene, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Butoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Benzophenone-1.

When I first purchased this topcoat, it would completely peel off, taking the polish with it, after 2 days. I tried applying it with no basecoat..It worked...
I apply 2 coats of whatever polish I’m using to naked nails, followed by Seche Vite. Not only does it dry shiny, and super fast, it lasts well over a week. I’ve been using this method almost 2 years!!

on 6/6/2018 2:26:00 AM

At the time I was looking for a top coat, this and Vinylux Weekly were the highest rated topcoats on MUA. I chose to try the Vinylux, but ended up getting a mini bottle of Seche as well when I saw it on sale at Sally’s. SV lasts about the same as Vinylux, which is to say 4-7 days before chipping without a base coat. And that’s really as long as I need my polish to last, since after a week I have enough nail growth to show a gap at the cuticle, and by then am generally bored with whatever I’m wearing and want to change it up. The problem I had with the Vinylux is that it tends to bubble, especially if I’m not extra careful to use as thin of coats as I can. Seche Vite never bubbles! Oh and I adore how brilliantly shiny SV is. That alone makes me prefer it. The other really cool thing about it is that it dries super fast. I can touch it without smudging in about 45 seconds! If you’re like me, and typically smudge and have to redo at least one nail every time you paint your nails, this is a great advantage.

The brush it comes with is pretty standard, it does the job fine though it’s nothing special like the excellent wide brush favored by Vinylux. Though it’s only fair to mention it’s also almost half the price of Vinylux(if you get it at Sally’s anyway). My only complaint about the packaging may be specific to the mini sized bottle. One day I accidentally knocked the little bottle off my desk and onto the floor of my extremely untidy bedroom. Though I cleaned up that whole area of the room looking for it, I couldn’t find it. It was only 2 weeks later I happened to notice where it fell. It’s small, and it is a clear glass bottle with clear fluid and a black cap. Difficult to see :( But hey, that also describes most other topcoats as well doesn’t it?

I’m sure there are other great topcoats out there, but there is a reason so many people swear by Seche Vite. Even though I’ve heard good things about some other more obscure topcoats sold at Sally’s, I’m going to buy a full size bottle of SV when I run out. It’s good stuff.

on 5/9/2018 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ok, hear me out. This is not a miracle in a bottle for everyone and it is possible to do everything right and still have this chip the next day. I did EVERYTHING right, I made sure of that, I could NOT have been more meticulous with this. I removed the grease off my nails, I washed my hands with dish soap and then wiped them with alcohol. I used Orly Bonder base coat. I applied 2 coats of nail polish and then, after I finished polishing one hand with color, I immediately applied Seche Vite, with the polish still wet, as instructed, wrapping the tips, as I always do. It lasted perfectly until the next day in the evening, when I washed my hair. I got 2 large chips then. I tried it with Zoya polishes and OPI polishes so not cheap. And Orly Bonder, the holy grail everyone prays odes to.

This is just like every other top coat out there. Will chip within the first days when you wash your hair. The only thing I can give to this top coat is that it dries fast so I will use it If I need to go out and want to have my nails done but not wait hours for it to be dry. I would most likely not repurchase because there are other dry fast top coats that do the same thing out there.

If anyone knows what else can I do to get the mythical 7 day manicure, preferably including Seche Vite and/or Orly Bonder since I already have them,(I'd be happy with 5 days or even 4days) please send me a message and tell me how. Because I tried everything and still failed.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Ok. So this does dry your polish faster. I won’t dispute that. And it is shiny for the first 1-2 days. However, I did find that it chips. Also it peels off and after day 2, it causes the surface to have a scratched appearance. I much prefer revlons fast drying top coat as it is a few dollars cheaper and just as shiny, and prevents chipping better. Also, this top coat has a very very strong chemical smell. Not even a normal “nail polish chemical” scent.

on 3/24/2018 6:23:00 PM

The scent is very over-powering. It does work, but I'm kind of on the fence about whether to continue using it just use a top coat for LED gel manicures.

To be honest initially I thought this was a total fail and couldn’t understand how anyone would like it as it made my varnish chip from day one. However I was decided to give it another chance and tried multiple combinations of base coat and nail varnishes until I found the winning one. I now use a OPI base coat, then the coloured varnish and then the seche vite top coat and they last between 5 to 7 days looking flawless😊

on 2/25/2018 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I don't see how some people love this, it makes my nails chip like crazy and in some cases the whole polished nail comes away, it dries fast but that's about it, the Catrice top coat is better than this and a fraction of the price, soz Seche Vite, it's a no from me :(

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Great Product 💎💎💎💎

on 1/12/2018 8:13:00 AM

This is a dreadful product. I have tried it numerous times thinking maybe I am not applying correctly. It dries super quick and the shine is so beautiful ( looks like you have had nails done professionally) BUT it lasts 4 to 5 hours max. It peels off from nail bed to tip you probably wouldn’t have to use polish remover it peels off that good. It really should say one night only on the bottle as that is all you are getting from this product. It is quite expensive and for me a giant waste of money. Such a disappointment.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I never reach for this top coat because of how annoying it is to work with. I love that it dries fast but it lifts and peels away polish so what's the point? I put this on my toes once when I went on vacation and 3 of my toes were bare by the time I got home =(.