Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat

Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat

Butyl Acetate, Toluene, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Butoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Benzophenone-1.

on 4/23/2017 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm so in love with this! I've always painted my toes because I wear flip flops year round. I didn't paint my nails for the longest time because I just didn't have the patience to go slowly enough for the polish to look even and nice nor the patience to wait until they were all the way dry before I would start doing things. And then for my nails to start chipping a day or two after just didn't seem worth it. This always resulted in me getting frustrated for spending the time to paint my nails just to instantly ruin my hard work. A friend at work who ALWAYS does her nails salon quality style herself told me about this little gem. I can't thank her enough. I love that I can basically just sloppily apply my nail color and this magic potion evens everything out and makes it smooth and shiny. I also love that I can do things after only waiting 5 minutes and I don't mess my nails up! After 30 minutes nails are completely cured even with the thick coats I apply of color. I love that this is formulated to be applied over wet polish so I don't have to wait for the 2 to 3 coats of color To dry before applying. Also this combined with my Essie polishes last a good 4 or so days before chipping. If I did things like wear gloves while cleaning and washing dishes I'm sure it would last longer. I've had my bottle for about 5 to 6 months or so. It's about halfway gone. I have read other reviews where people say this gets so thick they can't use it. I haven't run into that issue yet. Since finding this I have purchased about 15 nail colors (all Essie) and I paint my nails twice a week. I will definitely be headed straight to purchase another one once my bottle runs out.

on 4/7/2017 3:27:00 AM

I'll never use anything else. Extends my manicure by weeks with simply one fresh coat.

on 2/24/2017 7:11:00 AM

Love this. Dries quickly, leaves a nice glossy finish, makes my nail varnish colour last longer. It is quite a thick top coat, which I don't mind. I wouldn't use more than one layer, but I don't find that I need to.

on 2/8/2017 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I wish MakeupAlley had a "maybe" selection. Dries really, really fast for a rock hard finish, super glossy/almost gel like finish that makes you look like you've had a professional manicure BUT and this is a HUGE BUT, peels off your nails after just one day.

If you lead a life of leisure, never do dishes, rarely wash your hands throughout the day etc. then MAYBE it won't peel as badly but I do wash a few pots and pans (with gloves mostly), wash my hands vigorously throughout the day and well, let's just say that it can be fun peeling off sheets of Seche Vite off your nails but your nails won't look so good.

By the way, if purchasing at Sally's, you may want to ask the sales associate for it as they seem to carry the bulk of the bottles behind the cash register - perhaps a high theft item? Sometimes they also have specials - I got a free cuticle remover with the purchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love this fast drying top coat. I apply it while my last coat of polish is not yet dry, so it speeds up my manicure time. It dries my polish the quickest out of any top coats I have tried. This is the biggest selling point for me as I don't have m uh time to polish my nails. It also leaves my nails super glossy, which I love. I don't ink it is the longest lasting glossy finish or wear, but it does help if I reapply a coat after a couple of days (but, admittedly, I rarely do this). The scent is insane - smells very toxic (worries me, if I'm honest), so I try to keep my face far away from the open bottle. I do love the shape of the bottle and the brush too. I don't love that the formula becomes too thick and gooey by the time I've used only half of the bottle. I do keep repurchasing this top coat though, as I said, for the most rapid way to polish and dry my nails.

on 1/29/2017 9:38:00 AM

The best topcoat in the entire world! Nearly every time I get a manicure they accuse me of having gels bc my nails are hard & shiny even after a week. Nope, my secret to having a mani last longer is Seche Vite & keeping my nails short. They only thing I don't like is you can only use about half the bottle before it's too thick to work w/

on 1/12/2017 8:33:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Since this top coat is the HG for many people, I decided to give it a try. Just to note, I just use top coat on my bare nails for shine, so I can't speak to how it performs over polish.

However as a stand-alone product - it's the worst! While many online reviews praised it for shine, it didn't last more than a day before becoming lack lustre. By the 3rd day, most of the polish had chipped off. :(

Save your money! My years-old Sally Hansen top coat lasts so much longer while still retaining shine.

on 1/4/2017 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have used this product for over 20 years now and it is still the best out there. It dries your nails so quickly and makes nail varnish last a long time. My nail varnish lasts one day before chipping & I always get a week out of it when using Seche Vite.

on 1/3/2017 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

To the commenter below stating that most these reviews were rated low because reviewers were not using this top coat correctly? ie: because you are to put Seche on while your nails are still wet from the polish?

I'm here to state that I did exactly that - applied my nail polish with three coats - and just after the last coat - I put Seche Vite on immediately following - it was great and dried fast and I was able to love my nails - but here I am, not even 24 hours later (I'd say 12 hours later) - both my index finger nails had the polish completely pop off/peel off. Like, huge chunks of my nail polish -- gone.

This is only the second time I've used this top coat - the first time - I was super upset because it did NOT dry fast at all (like, even after 5 minutes) and I ended up smudging my nails and had to redo all of them. I've had better luck with Sally Hansen's Super Shine Top Coat - and have never had nails completely peel off like this (chip after a day or two, yeah).

For the price and all the hype, I am extremely disappointed in this top coat. Not worth the $10 at Walmart. Save your money and buy a cheaper fast dry - Revlon has some great Quick Dry top coats that have never, ever done this to my nails.

I'm leaving it at 1 lippie until I use it a bit more and see if it keeps doing this. What a waste of money. UPDATE: tried this top coat again - and had the exact same thing happen, not even a full 24 hours later. Waste of money. Wish I had the box - would totally return. Why use a top coat that will make your redo your manicure the next day? That's horrible for your nails, and talk about waste of polish. Any clear polish (not even fast dry) works better than this.

Edit: Found that this top coat only works for me if i put a clear coat of polish on my painted nails before putting this over. Maybe the clear regular polish binds with this better than my colored nail polish or the clear polish provides an extra layer before the Seche, but if i do this extra step, then my nails dont seem to chip off in huge chunks within 24 hours. So, this works for me as long as i dont apply it directly over my color polish, but apply a clear polish first over everything, then this. Odd.

on 11/10/2016 10:19:00 PM

Seche Vite- where have you been all my life? This stuff is miraculous! I have been looking for a quick drying, smoothing top coat for my very ridge-y nails. I've never been able to have a manicure make it 24 hours without chipping. With Seche Vite, my manicure lasts a week, my ridges are smoothed out, and the polish doesn't bubble. I love this stuff!! Like a gel manicure. I was expecting the smell to be terrible, and I am VERY sensitive to smells, but I think regular polish smells worse. This just smells like very strong magic markers to me. I really can't say enough how happy this makes me. I use Barielle Camouflage for a base coat, two coats of OPI polish, then the Seche Vite. It's fabulous. By the end of the week, the polish has shrunk slightly, as mentioned in the reviews, but no chips so I don't care. Great Stuff!