Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat

Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat

Butyl Acetate, Toluene, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Butoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Benzophenone-1.

Makes your nails look really shiny and pretty but there's no lasting power at all. Had my nails done for one day and the next day I noticed chipping on every nail. At one point I got some tape stuck to my nail and when I peeled it off the top coat came with it. Opi and nails inc make better top coats.

on 4/29/2017 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Most people love this. I don't. Even when I thought I applied as directed, it discolored the pigment of a few lighter polishes; I have experienced peeling and shrinking; and, I have thrown out half finished bottles. I think the peeling might be attributed to the thickening SV coat. Incidentally, the first few times it discolored a polish, I got into the habit of applying a regular top coat before applying the SV. But then why not just buy some quick dry top coat from Sally Hansen. I did buy some orly product for a while, but it wasn't noticeably better than the cheaper stuff. I just did a quick search and apparently wet and wild has a good quick dry top coat. So that will be on the list next time I go shopping. The nail on the coffin was when I realized that a few thin coats of WnW polish milk shade over Bareille camoflague base lasted longer, was less fussy to apply and dried reasonably quickly.

on 4/23/2017 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm so in love with this! I've always painted my toes because I wear flip flops year round. I didn't paint my nails for the longest time because I just didn't have the patience to go slowly enough for the polish to look even and nice nor the patience to wait until they were all the way dry before I would start doing things. And then for my nails to start chipping a day or two after just didn't seem worth it. This always resulted in me getting frustrated for spending the time to paint my nails just to instantly ruin my hard work. A friend at work who ALWAYS does her nails salon quality style herself told me about this little gem. I can't thank her enough. I love that I can basically just sloppily apply my nail color and this magic potion evens everything out and makes it smooth and shiny. I also love that I can do things after only waiting 5 minutes and I don't mess my nails up! After 30 minutes nails are completely cured even with the thick coats I apply of color. I love that this is formulated to be applied over wet polish so I don't have to wait for the 2 to 3 coats of color To dry before applying. Also this combined with my Essie polishes last a good 4 or so days before chipping. If I did things like wear gloves while cleaning and washing dishes I'm sure it would last longer. I've had my bottle for about 5 to 6 months or so. It's about halfway gone. I have read other reviews where people say this gets so thick they can't use it. I haven't run into that issue yet. Since finding this I have purchased about 15 nail colors (all Essie) and I paint my nails twice a week. I will definitely be headed straight to purchase another one once my bottle runs out.

on 4/7/2017 3:27:00 AM

I'll never use anything else. Extends my manicure by weeks with simply one fresh coat.

on 2/24/2017 7:11:00 AM

Love this. Dries quickly, leaves a nice glossy finish, makes my nail varnish colour last longer. It is quite a thick top coat, which I don't mind. I wouldn't use more than one layer, but I don't find that I need to.

on 2/8/2017 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I wish MakeupAlley had a "maybe" selection. Dries really, really fast for a rock hard finish, super glossy/almost gel like finish that makes you look like you've had a professional manicure BUT and this is a HUGE BUT, peels off your nails after just one day.

If you lead a life of leisure, never do dishes, rarely wash your hands throughout the day etc. then MAYBE it won't peel as badly but I do wash a few pots and pans (with gloves mostly), wash my hands vigorously throughout the day and well, let's just say that it can be fun peeling off sheets of Seche Vite off your nails but your nails won't look so good.

By the way, if purchasing at Sally's, you may want to ask the sales associate for it as they seem to carry the bulk of the bottles behind the cash register - perhaps a high theft item? Sometimes they also have specials - I got a free cuticle remover with the purchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love this fast drying top coat. I apply it while my last coat of polish is not yet dry, so it speeds up my manicure time. It dries my polish the quickest out of any top coats I have tried. This is the biggest selling point for me as I don't have m uh time to polish my nails. It also leaves my nails super glossy, which I love. I don't ink it is the longest lasting glossy finish or wear, but it does help if I reapply a coat after a couple of days (but, admittedly, I rarely do this). The scent is insane - smells very toxic (worries me, if I'm honest), so I try to keep my face far away from the open bottle. I do love the shape of the bottle and the brush too. I don't love that the formula becomes too thick and gooey by the time I've used only half of the bottle. I do keep repurchasing this top coat though, as I said, for the most rapid way to polish and dry my nails.

on 1/29/2017 9:38:00 AM

The best topcoat in the entire world! Nearly every time I get a manicure they accuse me of having gels bc my nails are hard & shiny even after a week. Nope, my secret to having a mani last longer is Seche Vite & keeping my nails short. They only thing I don't like is you can only use about half the bottle before it's too thick to work w/

on 1/12/2017 8:33:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Since this top coat is the HG for many people, I decided to give it a try. Just to note, I just use top coat on my bare nails for shine, so I can't speak to how it performs over polish.

However as a stand-alone product - it's the worst! While many online reviews praised it for shine, it didn't last more than a day before becoming lack lustre. By the 3rd day, most of the polish had chipped off. :(

Save your money! My years-old Sally Hansen top coat lasts so much longer while still retaining shine.

on 1/4/2017 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have used this product for over 20 years now and it is still the best out there. It dries your nails so quickly and makes nail varnish last a long time. My nail varnish lasts one day before chipping & I always get a week out of it when using Seche Vite.