Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat

Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat

Butyl Acetate, Toluene, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Butoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Benzophenone-1.

on 5/9/2018 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ok, hear me out. This is not a miracle in a bottle for everyone and it is possible to do everything right and still have this chip the next day. I did EVERYTHING right, I made sure of that, I could NOT have been more meticulous with this. I removed the grease off my nails, I washed my hands with dish soap and then wiped them with alcohol. I used Orly Bonder base coat. I applied 2 coats of nail polish and then, after I finished polishing one hand with color, I immediately applied Seche Vite, with the polish still wet, as instructed, wrapping the tips, as I always do. It lasted perfectly until the next day in the evening, when I washed my hair. I got 2 large chips then. I tried it with Zoya polishes and OPI polishes so not cheap. And Orly Bonder, the holy grail everyone prays odes to.

This is just like every other top coat out there. Will chip within the first days when you wash your hair. The only thing I can give to this top coat is that it dries fast so I will use it If I need to go out and want to have my nails done but not wait hours for it to be dry. I would most likely not repurchase because there are other dry fast top coats that do the same thing out there.

If anyone knows what else can I do to get the mythical 7 day manicure, preferably including Seche Vite and/or Orly Bonder since I already have them,(I'd be happy with 5 days or even 4days) please send me a message and tell me how. Because I tried everything and still failed.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Ok. So this does dry your polish faster. I won’t dispute that. And it is shiny for the first 1-2 days. However, I did find that it chips. Also it peels off and after day 2, it causes the surface to have a scratched appearance. I much prefer revlons fast drying top coat as it is a few dollars cheaper and just as shiny, and prevents chipping better. Also, this top coat has a very very strong chemical smell. Not even a normal “nail polish chemical” scent.

on 3/24/2018 6:23:00 PM

The scent is very over-powering. It does work, but I'm kind of on the fence about whether to continue using it just use a top coat for LED gel manicures.

To be honest initially I thought this was a total fail and couldn’t understand how anyone would like it as it made my varnish chip from day one. However I was decided to give it another chance and tried multiple combinations of base coat and nail varnishes until I found the winning one. I now use a OPI base coat, then the coloured varnish and then the seche vite top coat and they last between 5 to 7 days looking flawless😊

on 2/25/2018 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I don't see how some people love this, it makes my nails chip like crazy and in some cases the whole polished nail comes away, it dries fast but that's about it, the Catrice top coat is better than this and a fraction of the price, soz Seche Vite, it's a no from me :(

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Great Product 💎💎💎💎

on 1/12/2018 8:13:00 AM

This is a dreadful product. I have tried it numerous times thinking maybe I am not applying correctly. It dries super quick and the shine is so beautiful ( looks like you have had nails done professionally) BUT it lasts 4 to 5 hours max. It peels off from nail bed to tip you probably wouldn’t have to use polish remover it peels off that good. It really should say one night only on the bottle as that is all you are getting from this product. It is quite expensive and for me a giant waste of money. Such a disappointment.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I never reach for this top coat because of how annoying it is to work with. I love that it dries fast but it lifts and peels away polish so what's the point? I put this on my toes once when I went on vacation and 3 of my toes were bare by the time I got home =(.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I used to paint my nails daily, and of all the top coats I used, this was the fastest drying that was also a tough top coat. Nail artists and those who do designs should look elsewhere, but this will work for a fast manicure before an event. If I only have 20 minutes, this is what I reach for. I will take off 2 stars because of shrinkage and the fact that the second half of the bottle gets hard to work with. But it's still better than many of the alternatives in terms of toughness- this makes a perfect pedi topcoat!

Pros: Dries super fast and very clear, nice hard top coat, easy to get and easy to work with. Perfect for when you need your nails done fast, without damaging designs or streaks.

Cons: The bottle is very difficult to use once you hit about halfway through, shrinkage can happen randomly. If doing nail art it may shrink or streak, so test before ruining your designs!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great to use when you need your polish to dry fast and aren't planning to press too hard on your nails within next two hours (if you will polish underneath might move).
I do not have any bad chipping issues while using Seche Vite, but yes my long-lasting polishes chip faster and a nail surface starts to have some scratches after three days. It also shrinks away from the edges in about 24 hours and shrinkage continues for as long as it's on. Reapplication in a day or two doesn't help, it makes shrinkage even worse.
Great for emergency 'need to dry it fast' situations and people who love to change nail polish every two days. I won't buy again.

Video Reviews & Tutorials