NYX Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil - Milk

NYX Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil - Milk

4.2

Ceresin Wax, Candelilla Wax, Bees Wax, Squalane, Hydrogenated Styrene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mineral Oils, Polyisobutene, Butylated Hydroxy Anisole, Propyl Paraben, Mica, Talc, C.I.77499, Pearl Powder.

on 6/19/2017 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is my first actual eyeshadow base ever and I absolutely love it. There isn't a thing I don't like about it, except the flimsy plastic cap that is so prone to cracking. Now, I just want to preface that makeup is a very personal thing as it works differently for different people, so don't take my words for it or discredit the hype just because it didn't work for you. I have very oily, hooded monolids and I've struggled (and still struggling) to find eye makeup that would stay on for even more than 30 minutes. I've been through the same, trying so many shadows and primers from brands which people swear up and down that they won't crease, fade, yadda yadda. I've finally found that NYX' formulas for their eye products work really really really well for me (their face stuffs still suck though). Their eyeshadows are the only ones they don't crease on me and last throughout the day with minor fading even without a base underneath. This pencil is no exception. Together with NYX eyeshadows, they're matches made in heaven. It's also the only thing that can keep my other, non-NYX shadows on my lids and not crease. If I use this with NYX shadows, I don't have to set it, but using any gel/liquid eyeliner or eyeshadows from other brands, I have to set it or else they will fade, smudge and crease. I always set my lids with the CoverGirl Professional loose power, which is too drying for my face by perfect for my both watery and oily lids. This is my surefire, foolproof combination for all day lasting eye looks, even after I pass out for a several hour nap after a full day of walking around in hot humid weather, when I wake up my eye makeup would still be there.
I like the pencil format, it's easy to apply right where I need it, because it's a stark white it can look very harsh anywhere eyeshadows don't go on top of. I haven't experience any drying or draggy application with this shade Milk in particular. I prefer to blend it out with a synthetic brush like Real Techniques or elf, I can use my fingers but I prefer not to because my lids are so oily I don't want to accidentally adding any more to them with my fingers (since I use my hands to apply some face products like sunscreen or primer). The sharpening of a fat pencil like it can be a pain (having to put it in the fridge and all that), and I hate wasting such a good product too. I wish it was a twist up pencil. Other than that and the cheap cap, I love this product. I plan on stocking up next time NYX goes on sale and trying out some other colour too. I hope they never discontinue this.

on 3/23/2017 8:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Cheap! And often "you get what you pay for" - a waxy-creamy feel with decent staying power. Milk is very useful as a base - I put powder shadows over top. Also inexpensive enough that my 12 year old can have one of her own.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this because I've seen it hyped and why not? I didn't need it or anything. I think it was about £5 in Boots.

I like it. I don't love it and I probably won't buy it again, but it's ok. It didn't stop anything creasing or wearing off on my lid, but it did provide a nice base for Stila Kitten. I tend to wear it on it's own - just blended out on my lid to give a brightening effect on work days and when I'm after a natural look.

Looks like it's going to be a pain to sharpen!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this because people raved about it. Now I can see why. It is known, that a white base on your lids can make eye shadows pop. This is what I use Milk for. It has good color payoff and is creamy enough for an easy application. I try to layer it slowly or else it will be too much. Then I take an white eyeshadow (it doesn't need to have good pigmentation) and set my lid immediately. Or else the colors will crease within one hour. I wish NYX would do such an eye shadow pencil which turns into a matte/powdery finish. Some of us girls have oily lids and would be thankful to use one product that serves as eye shadow base, plus making eye shadows pop. Well, maybe someday, NYX.

on 2/28/2017 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I'm not huge on priming my eyeshadows but I used this underneath shadow a few times and I did notice a slight difference, the packaging is very poorly made and i can not carry any of the jumbo eye pencils in my makeup case without the lids coming off and the product getting absolutely everywhere - so if you travel a lot like me it's not even worth bothering with.

on 3/3/2017 9:39:00 AM

I have the shades milk and yogurt and as much as I want to love them I can't get them to stop creasing. I've tried everything I can think of. I use a primer underneath. I've tried to set it with a similar colored eyeshadow. I pat it down with my finger so it's not thick on my eyes. It still creases.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

After hearing about this products 1000 times in makeup tutorials, I decided to give it a shot.The price point is great, I think it was about $6 after taxes (in Canada). I was planning to use it for Halloween, since I needed a good base for cheap, rainbow eye shadows.

It definitely does the job - eye shadows look vibrant and true to colour with this base. It's highly pigmented and you can rest assured that your eye makeup will last all night.

What I don't like is that the product is in a pencil form - it's hard and harsh on the eyelids when you're applying it. If the product was a little softer and came in a paint pot (like MAC), it would be easier to use. Additionally, I don't find it suitable to wear under all eye shadows. I have a medium/tan skin tone and this just wouldn't work for me on a daily basis. It makes my eyelids WAY too light and it's difficult to blend out or apply lightly, This is ideal for heavier looks.

on 12/23/2016 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Love this! I only use it on my mobile lid to make my eyeshadow pop, and boy does it work well. It will crease if you put too much on, but a light application works wonders.

on 11/24/2016 1:00:00 AM

I bought this product to put in my inner eye (like eyeliner) to add a lil pop although it was milky white in color it tended too be blotchy and somewhat had a greasy feel to it didn't stay on

I got this because it had so many uses; eyeliner, eyeshadow base, highlighter and face paint. I tried it for all of these and this is what I think-
eyeliner- If you put a lot on it usually flakes off but if you just put a little on its good and lasts for hours

Eyeshadow base- I put a little on a concealer brush and blended it over my eye and it only creases a little bit. Because I didn't put much on it wasn't completely white but it helped my eyeshadow stand out

Highlight- I used this as a highlight or a brightener for under your eyes but putting some on my finger and then blending it out on my skin I found that it was hard to blend with brushes and fingers work best. It creased and I didn't really like it

Face paint- I saw a Halloween look were they use this as face paint. I tried and used a foundation brush and blended it in. It wasn't opaque and did crease and flake a bit but fine