NYX Professional Makeup Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil - Milk

NYX Professional Makeup Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil - Milk

4.2

Ceresin Wax, Candelilla Wax, Bees Wax, Squalane, Hydrogenated Styrene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mineral Oils, Polyisobutene, Butylated Hydroxy Anisole, Propyl Paraben, Mica, Talc, C.I.77499, Pearl Powder.

on 5/24/2018 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My favorite base! Makes colors pop and shimmers stay. I love it also to help highlight my cheekbones and cupids bow. I have even used it on my dark circles when I was out of concealer.

on 2/16/2018 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this for using underneath eye shadows to make them more vibrant. I have very oily eyelids so this definitely creases like mad if I don’t prime. But it’s great as a white base on top of primer. I would like to try some of the other colors too.

super cheap! $4 and for a really pigmented creamy white! Love this, it works well as a shadow base and pretty much anything else you need a white color for!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought this at Target one day because I thought my other eye primer was discontinued, but it wasn't after all. Anyway, I have this in the shade "Milk."

This product is just okay, at best. The price isn't bad but it's kind of annoying to sharpen it; I wish they'd make this retractable.
It's really thick and hard to blend out, but maybe I should try a brush to blend it out?
Another thing I have a problem with when it comes to this product is if I want my shadows to blend, I have to apply a powder beforehand.

I'm not sure if I'd get this again. It's leading towards a "no" for the time being but I'll try to write an update after trying it out with a brush.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UPDATE: I tried this with a brush, it still didn't work and it only made my shadows look messy (even set with powder). I won't get this again, unless somebody could maybe give me some tips on how to use this product? :/

I have NYX JEP’s in Milk, Cottage Cheese, & Nude Sparkle. I use them every day just about on my waterline. They aren’t good for much else. On me they crease too much (like crazy) to use as a base nor as an eyeshadow. I’ve got extremely oily lids. They are a pain to sharpen. The NYX or UD Grindhouse sharpeners will sharpen them. I have & will continue to, buy more of these JEP’s. They are HG for sure! #winning

on 6/19/2017 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is my first actual eyeshadow base ever and I absolutely love it. There isn't a thing I don't like about it, except the flimsy plastic cap that is so prone to cracking. Now, I just want to preface that makeup is a very personal thing as it works differently for different people, so don't take my words for it or discredit the hype just because it didn't work for you. I have very oily, hooded monolids and I've struggled (and still struggling) to find eye makeup that would stay on for even more than 30 minutes. I've been through the same, trying so many shadows and primers from brands which people swear up and down that they won't crease, fade, yadda yadda. I've finally found that NYX' formulas for their eye products work really really really well for me (their face stuffs still suck though). Their eyeshadows are the only ones they don't crease on me and last throughout the day with minor fading even without a base underneath. This pencil is no exception. Together with NYX eyeshadows, they're matches made in heaven. It's also the only thing that can keep my other, non-NYX shadows on my lids and not crease. If I use this with NYX shadows, I don't have to set it, but using any gel/liquid eyeliner or eyeshadows from other brands, I have to set it or else they will fade, smudge and crease. I always set my lids with the CoverGirl Professional loose power, which is too drying for my face by perfect for my both watery and oily lids. This is my surefire, foolproof combination for all day lasting eye looks, even after I pass out for a several hour nap after a full day of walking around in hot humid weather, when I wake up my eye makeup would still be there.
I like the pencil format, it's easy to apply right where I need it, because it's a stark white it can look very harsh anywhere eyeshadows don't go on top of. I haven't experience any drying or draggy application with this shade Milk in particular. I prefer to blend it out with a synthetic brush like Real Techniques or elf, I can use my fingers but I prefer not to because my lids are so oily I don't want to accidentally adding any more to them with my fingers (since I use my hands to apply some face products like sunscreen or primer). The sharpening of a fat pencil like it can be a pain (having to put it in the fridge and all that), and I hate wasting such a good product too. I wish it was a twist up pencil. Other than that and the cheap cap, I love this product. I plan on stocking up next time NYX goes on sale and trying out some other colour too. I hope they never discontinue this.

on 3/23/2017 8:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Cheap! And often "you get what you pay for" - a waxy-creamy feel with decent staying power. Milk is very useful as a base - I put powder shadows over top. Also inexpensive enough that my 12 year old can have one of her own.

on 3/3/2017 9:39:00 AM

I have the shades milk and yogurt and as much as I want to love them I can't get them to stop creasing. I've tried everything I can think of. I use a primer underneath. I've tried to set it with a similar colored eyeshadow. I pat it down with my finger so it's not thick on my eyes. It still creases.

I bought this because people raved about it. Now I can see why. It is known, that a white base on your lids can make eye shadows pop. This is what I use Milk for. It has good color payoff and is creamy enough for an easy application. I try to layer it slowly or else it will be too much. Then I take an white eyeshadow (it doesn't need to have good pigmentation) and set my lid immediately. Or else the colors will crease within one hour. I wish NYX would do such an eye shadow pencil which turns into a matte/powdery finish. Some of us girls have oily lids and would be thankful to use one product that serves as eye shadow base, plus making eye shadows pop. Well, maybe someday, NYX.

on 2/28/2017 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I'm not huge on priming my eyeshadows but I used this underneath shadow a few times and I did notice a slight difference, the packaging is very poorly made and i can not carry any of the jumbo eye pencils in my makeup case without the lids coming off and the product getting absolutely everywhere - so if you travel a lot like me it's not even worth bothering with.