NYX Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil - Milk

NYX Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil - Milk

4.2

Ceresin Wax, Candelilla Wax, Bees Wax, Squalane, Hydrogenated Styrene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mineral Oils, Polyisobutene, Butylated Hydroxy Anisole, Propyl Paraben, Mica, Talc, C.I.77499, Pearl Powder.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this because people raved about it. Now I can see why. It is known, that a white base on your lids can make eye shadows pop. This is what I use Milk for. It has good color payoff and is creamy enough for an easy application. I try to layer it slowly or else it will be too much. Then I take an white eyeshadow (it doesn't need to have good pigmentation) and set my lid immediately. Or else the colors will crease within one hour. I wish NYX would do such an eye shadow pencil which turns into a matte/powdery finish. Some of us girls have oily lids and would be thankful to use one product that serves as eye shadow base, plus making eye shadows pop. Well, maybe someday, NYX.

on 2/28/2017 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I'm not huge on priming my eyeshadows but I used this underneath shadow a few times and I did notice a slight difference, the packaging is very poorly made and i can not carry any of the jumbo eye pencils in my makeup case without the lids coming off and the product getting absolutely everywhere - so if you travel a lot like me it's not even worth bothering with.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this because I've seen it hyped and why not? I didn't need it or anything. I think it was about £5 in Boots.

I like it. I don't love it and I probably won't buy it again, but it's ok. It didn't stop anything creasing or wearing off on my lid, but it did provide a nice base for Stila Kitten. I tend to wear it on it's own - just blended out on my lid to give a brightening effect on work days and when I'm after a natural look.

Looks like it's going to be a pain to sharpen!

on 12/23/2016 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Love this! I only use it on my mobile lid to make my eyeshadow pop, and boy does it work well. It will crease if you put too much on, but a light application works wonders.

I got this because it had so many uses; eyeliner, eyeshadow base, highlighter and face paint. I tried it for all of these and this is what I think-
eyeliner- If you put a lot on it usually flakes off but if you just put a little on its good and lasts for hours

Eyeshadow base- I put a little on a concealer brush and blended it over my eye and it only creases a little bit. Because I didn't put much on it wasn't completely white but it helped my eyeshadow stand out

Highlight- I used this as a highlight or a brightener for under your eyes but putting some on my finger and then blending it out on my skin I found that it was hard to blend with brushes and fingers work best. It creased and I didn't really like it

Face paint- I saw a Halloween look were they use this as face paint. I tried and used a foundation brush and blended it in. It wasn't opaque and did crease and flake a bit but fine

on 11/24/2016 1:00:00 AM

I bought this product to put in my inner eye (like eyeliner) to add a lil pop although it was milky white in color it tended too be blotchy and somewhat had a greasy feel to it didn't stay on

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

After hearing about this products 1000 times in makeup tutorials, I decided to give it a shot.The price point is great, I think it was about $6 after taxes (in Canada). I was planning to use it for Halloween, since I needed a good base for cheap, rainbow eye shadows.

It definitely does the job - eye shadows look vibrant and true to colour with this base. It's highly pigmented and you can rest assured that your eye makeup will last all night.

What I don't like is that the product is in a pencil form - it's hard and harsh on the eyelids when you're applying it. If the product was a little softer and came in a paint pot (like MAC), it would be easier to use. Additionally, I don't find it suitable to wear under all eye shadows. I have a medium/tan skin tone and this just wouldn't work for me on a daily basis. It makes my eyelids WAY too light and it's difficult to blend out or apply lightly, This is ideal for heavier looks.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this eye pencil. It help cover up my blemishes and my undereye bags. It also makes not-so good eyeshadow work. This one eyeshadow set that I recently got, I love the packaging, love the colors, but hated the performance of it. Over UDPP, the eyeshadow performed a lot better, but with UDPP + NYX Milk, I get to keep the not-so great eyeshadow set. So hooray for NYX Milk 👍🏼

on 6/11/2016 5:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE all NYX eye pencils !!!! This color was the first one I bought, and it's very nice. However, for me, there are even nicer colors out there ;-) Can't go wrong with any of them. They blend exceptionally well.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Id rather use a paint pot to add a light base. this is just too idk clumpy. Eyeshadow doesn't adhere smoothly. I like Maybelline tattoo in soft beige. That works as a good base. I'm NC45 and it wasn't too light just not smooth