NYX Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil - Milk

NYX Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil - Milk

4.2

Ceresin Wax, Candelilla Wax, Bees Wax, Squalane, Hydrogenated Styrene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mineral Oils, Polyisobutene, Butylated Hydroxy Anisole, Propyl Paraben, Mica, Talc, C.I.77499, Pearl Powder.

on 12/23/2016 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Love this! I only use it on my mobile lid to make my eyeshadow pop, and boy does it work well. It will crease if you put too much on, but a light application works wonders.

I got this because it had so many uses; eyeliner, eyeshadow base, highlighter and face paint. I tried it for all of these and this is what I think-
eyeliner- If you put a lot on it usually flakes off but if you just put a little on its good and lasts for hours

Eyeshadow base- I put a little on a concealer brush and blended it over my eye and it only creases a little bit. Because I didn't put much on it wasn't completely white but it helped my eyeshadow stand out

Highlight- I used this as a highlight or a brightener for under your eyes but putting some on my finger and then blending it out on my skin I found that it was hard to blend with brushes and fingers work best. It creased and I didn't really like it

Face paint- I saw a Halloween look were they use this as face paint. I tried and used a foundation brush and blended it in. It wasn't opaque and did crease and flake a bit but fine

on 11/24/2016 1:00:00 AM

I bought this product to put in my inner eye (like eyeliner) to add a lil pop although it was milky white in color it tended too be blotchy and somewhat had a greasy feel to it didn't stay on

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

After hearing about this products 1000 times in makeup tutorials, I decided to give it a shot.The price point is great, I think it was about $6 after taxes (in Canada). I was planning to use it for Halloween, since I needed a good base for cheap, rainbow eye shadows.

It definitely does the job - eye shadows look vibrant and true to colour with this base. It's highly pigmented and you can rest assured that your eye makeup will last all night.

What I don't like is that the product is in a pencil form - it's hard and harsh on the eyelids when you're applying it. If the product was a little softer and came in a paint pot (like MAC), it would be easier to use. Additionally, I don't find it suitable to wear under all eye shadows. I have a medium/tan skin tone and this just wouldn't work for me on a daily basis. It makes my eyelids WAY too light and it's difficult to blend out or apply lightly, This is ideal for heavier looks.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this eye pencil. It help cover up my blemishes and my undereye bags. It also makes not-so good eyeshadow work. This one eyeshadow set that I recently got, I love the packaging, love the colors, but hated the performance of it. Over UDPP, the eyeshadow performed a lot better, but with UDPP + NYX Milk, I get to keep the not-so great eyeshadow set. So hooray for NYX Milk 👍🏼

on 6/11/2016 5:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE all NYX eye pencils !!!! This color was the first one I bought, and it's very nice. However, for me, there are even nicer colors out there ;-) Can't go wrong with any of them. They blend exceptionally well.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Id rather use a paint pot to add a light base. this is just too idk clumpy. Eyeshadow doesn't adhere smoothly. I like Maybelline tattoo in soft beige. That works as a good base. I'm NC45 and it wasn't too light just not smooth

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This eyeshadow pencil has awesome pigmentation. I picked it out not even realizing how much people rave about it, and the reputation is well deserved. It has multiple purposes: highlighting, using it to lighten or brighten up the eyes, and it is great for dramatic looks as well. A must-have, for sure! Very versatile, inexpensive, and great quality overall.

I use the NYX Jumbo eye pencil in "Milk" as a base for when I use light or colorful eyeshadow and it makes a HUGE difference. When using white as a base it makes light eyeshadows look lighter and colorful ones really pop. This works especially great if you have darker skin and want to use light colors. I love this pencil to death, but the only problem that I experience with it is that it is REALLY difficult to sharpen. The plastic doesn't really go well unless you have a really nice sharpener. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who wears eyeshadow frequently. It primes the eyes and sets out a great base for your eyeshadow.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I have seen Youtube Gurus and forum board posters rave about this product for years, and when I saw it in my local CVS I snatched it right up. I use it as a base for work looks (when I don't want to use my very expensive UDPP since my work looks are really neutral and uncomplicated) and it prevents creasing. I will also sometimes put it over UDPP to make my shadows pop extra. I have tried it as a liner for my waterline, but I think that makes me look freaky. It works really well, it's just personal preference that I don't like that look on me. It's not THE BEST base, but it's worth the price I paid and I would buy it again. My only gripe is a minor one, and that is when I go to sharpen it, a lot of product gets clogged in my sharpener and it makes a helluva mess if I'm not paying attention.. or even when I am paying attention. Otherwise it's a great product.