3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

I'm torn. This is a a lovely fragrance, initially crisp & uplifting, then warm & soft but compared to other eau de colognes its expensive & has poor longevity. Even 4711 eau de Cologne (which I love) has similar but bolder notes is half the price and still lasts longer than Colonia Its a unisex fragrance and a friend described it as "sporty" However, I'm prepared to occasionally indulge in the expense of wearing this as I love this fragrance *update* I found that when I sprayed it on my wrist the fragrance lingered as it caught the sleeve of my clothes - this definitely makes it last - I've noticed the fragrance is still noticeable a few days later I've now tried the body cream, which is lovely but has only a slight fragrance and is very expensive for the price, so wouldn't buy again

About reviewer (208 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

7 years ago

I rather love this. A light (but not sheer), crisp summer scent with an oily base note that is probably the jasmine and rose; it's that kind of oily feel you get with real flower extracts. Not unlike Novaya Zarya Troinoi in herbal/oil feel, and definitely has it's roots in the same Gentleman's Scent genre (this was used to scent gentleman's handkerchiefs, apparently.) Lovely

About reviewer (1714 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Fine

7 years ago

you've got to love a product that's been around since 1916 ;-) a true unisex classic - it really is lovely on men and women. although it is refreshingly citrus, for me it has the strength, spiciness and warmth to be worn all year round ... but i do live in australia where the sun is never too far away ;-) a fragrance for when you want something special and unusual, but not too edgy (yes serge lutens, i'm looking at you) :D

About reviewer (61 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

2.0

9 years ago

Notes: Sicilian citrus, lavender, rosemary, verbena, Bulgarian rose, sandalwood, vetiver, cedar and ylang-ylang.   This fragrance opens with a a lively blend of citrus and herbal notes. At first rich lemon dominates the accord, but gradually gives way to lavender and rosemary. The lemon note now adds translucence to the conservative herbal composition, but there are moments the scent smells rather stuffy on my skin. As the fragrance progresses the herbal notes disappear and floral notes emerge. What is supposed to be soft, powdery rose smells like a pissoir on my skin. I smell urine, lemon scented disinfectant and urinal cake. The only saving grace is the verbena which I can distinguish very close to the skin. The dry down is sweetened by ylang-ylang which adds a honey-like quality to the woody notes. Honestly, the dry down is the best part of the fragrance. Lasts for more than 4 hours on my skin.

About reviewer (308 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

10 years ago

YAY i found the scent i have been searching for! this is crisp, clean and timeless. it smells like luxurious lemon soap on me. at first the initial spray is SHARP and quite manly.. but i gave this time, and it developed into a very soft beautiful scent. it wears very close to my skin, and is not obnoxious or heavy. i want this to be my signature scent- i love it!

About reviewer (404 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

from

10 years ago

This is my one and only fragrance now. Clean, crisp and inviting - people always lean closer to me when I am wearing this.

About reviewer (59 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

10 years ago

Lovely! Starts out as a clean and delightful citrus - somewhat more like sugared lemon cookies than like fresh citrus, and definitely nothing like Pledge. Middle notes are a warm and powdery floral based on roses and iris. Even if you consider yourself a powder hater, this may change your mind. I was sure I hated iris notes until I smelled this. This ultimately dries down to a very subtle sweet soap smell, which I was also sure I hated until I met this fragrance. Really lovely and classic. Refined and subtle. Also totally inoffensive - I'm sure it's impossible to dislike this fragrance, and it's very subtle and light. Almost too light - I feel like I need to apply several spritzes to really smell it, and I'm usually a rollerball girl.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Coarse

EyesHazel

10 years ago

I loved this scent, it's so clean, lasts a lot very light and is perfect to wear in atropical country. Very unique fragrance.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

11 years ago

What a lovely cologne! A great classic, and something you definitely have to wear/try at a certain stage of your life, or in a certain season (for me it's spring/summer). Don't be fooled by the initial blast so similar to the 4711 cologne. AdP Colonia is a more complex fragrance! The fresh cirtus part is rich: not only lemon, but LOADS of Bergamot & cedar, some grapefruit and little orange peel. Citrus verbena is also there. Then, after a while, you can smell a "warm" heart of white flowers, rose and lavender. Then it evolves into a powdery scent (=iris), that reminds me of Iris Nobile (another one I love), but mantaining some fresh notes. I love this on both men and women, but may be a little too "feminine" for certain guys. Definitely a must have - I wish the staying power would be longer, though!

About reviewer (1019 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Other, Fine

from

11 years ago

I should never review scents the day I buy them as I have the attention span of a gnat, I'm sure by the time I'm halfway through this bottle it will be on the back of a top dusty shelf, completely forgotten. But I just bought Acqua Di Parma today and I'm completely in love with it. I feel so European!

About reviewer (27 reviews)

Age36-43