Sexy Hair Concepts Big Sexy Hair - Spray and Play Hairspray

Sexy Hair Concepts Big Sexy Hair - Spray and Play Hairspray
Big Sexy Hair - Spray and Play Hairspray

3.8

SD Alcohol 40 (Alcohol Denat.), Hydrofluorocarbon 152a, Octylacrylamide/Acrylates/Butylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclotetrasiloxane, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Triethyl Citrate, Fragrance/Parfum, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool, Pentaerythrityl etracaprylate/ Tetracaprate, AMP-Isostearoyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Phenyl Trimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate.

on 12/3/2016 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This just didn't appeal to me. It held my hair in place okay but my hair was noticeably crispy to touch. I didn't like how wet it looked and felt just after spraying although it did dry quickly. Also didn't like how forceful the spray was as I prefer more of a mist. It's going to be returned today. I tried this because of reviews of I had read and I've been searching for a spray with more hold than the Garnier Sleek & Shine I've been using. For now I'm sticking with my Garnier.

Hold is too stiff and always always always makes my hair frizzy after using it.

To Read all 150 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/12/2016 7:03:00 PM

My hair is fine and straight, AND I live in a humid climate. This is the only hairspray I've ever found that a) actually holds my hair, and b) doesn't make it look plastic. I'm doing a lot of retro styling these days, and I can spray, brush, and spray again without the look of too much buildup. Basically, my perfect hairspray!

on 8/11/2015 5:33:00 PM

Best hairspray!! I have long, thick hair. It adds volume and makes my hair stay in place. I definitely prefer this over the much touted Kenra hairsprays.

on 8/10/2015 1:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Just an okay hairspray. Medium hold, at best. The Aussie Instant Freeze is much, much better for much cheaper.

on 4/22/2015 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

My hair is very soft and has practically no volume. This hair spray does the trick, and it really holds. It has an old-school salon fragrance which fortunately goes away after it dries. I have to be careful to not use too much as it can make my hair very stiff and hard to comb out. But that's the trade-off. Although I paid about $17 for 14 oz, the bottle lasted for months. So the per-use cost is not much. I never had any problems with the nozzle getting clogged either, but I always put the lid back on after using it. I finally ran out of my first one and happily bought another to replace it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This isn't a bad hairspray but I will not purchase it again. For a stiff hold I prefer Tigi Hard Head; for a soft hold and body I prefer Aveda Air Control. This spray functions somewhere (hold-wise) between the two. It does not perform more exceptionally than a standard 8.00 to 10.00 dollar hair spray; therefore, I don't see a reason to repurchase this product. If you're like me and have been consulting reviews and are debating between this and several other sprays, I'd go for Hard Head.

on 11/30/2014 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite hairspray. Holds hair really well, doesn't make your hair stiff and leaves no scent.

I have very fine, straight Asian hair that won't hold a curl for more than 10 minutes unless using a really stiff, shellacky hairspray. This hair spray is light but still holds the waves in my hair beautifully all day. Your hair may feel a little bit sticky initially (first 10 minutes) but then the stickiness completely disappears.

Has the regular, non offensive hair spray smell. Not floral and definitely not overwhelming but not unscented either.

I don't normally plug stores but have to put in a word for Ulta. I purchased for sale price of $10 and free s&h so it was a bargain. The can is also very large so you get a lot of product for your money.

EDIT - 10/26
What was I thinking? This hairspray makes my hair sticky and crunchy and only holds the volume in my hair for the first hour or so and then poof, my hair begins deflating.

on 11/12/2014 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Truly does leave your hair big and sexy! I use this on my fine blond curly hair when I want to go out and have my curls stay in place. Has a nice smell, doesnt crunch hair, and really locks your hair into place. The canister can be really big and clunky to hold with one hand, but this is my favorite hairspray ever and I am never switching to another one again.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I feel like in general you can't go wrong with any Sexy Hair products, especially when you can get them on sale at Ulta. I've used a few of their shampoos/conditioners and other styling products. This hairspray has to be one of my favorite Sexy Hair products, and possibly one of my favorite hairsprays generally speaking as well. I feel it's got a great texture and hold to it without being sticky and/or crunchy. I mostly used it when heat styling with a curling iron or wand. I loved the way my hair would turn out. Sometimes hairspray can weigh the hair down, etc. I love the smell, but I'm weird and love the way hairspray smells in general. The bottle itself lasted quite a while, and I feel like I used it several times a week in large amounts (my hair is very long). The only negative is the price of these products, which are usually well worth it. However, when it comes to plain old hairspray this isn't a must-have. It's definitely nice to have but you can achieve comparable results with TRESemme, which is a fraction of the cost. Don't get me wrong, I prefer Sexy Hair over TRESemme any day, but if you're on a budget you'll be fine without this!

Popular Styling Products