Biotherm Sunfitness - Self Tanner - Leg Shaping Gel

No Image

on 7/15/2005 1:37:00 AM

One of the best self tanners for legs that I've ever used.
Like another reviewer mentioned though, it does tend to stain your toes and rough areas a litte darker....but I've found that if I put some moisturizer on my feet first the color doesn't "grab" as well and it tans them without the dark spots on the toes.
I didn't notice any "tighting" of skin, just a nice cool sensation as you put it on.
It's a tinted gel so you can see were your putting it and I find it works just as good on arms and body as well as legs.
(Too tingly for the face though, they have another formula just for faces that also works well)
The price is pretty decent too........a little more than your average drugstore brand but then those are even getting a bit pricey lately too.
Plus who doesn't Love a trip to the mall! ;)
Great for fair to medium skinned gals, it has a nice believable color that looks like a real back from the Beach Tan.

on 7/8/2005 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

A bit pricey but not horrible. Goes on with a shimmery tint that tells you where you are putting it (for the tan) and also gives a good color that you can wear that day. Not a bad smell (it does smell but not bad or strong) and gives your legs a refreshing feel. Prob just peppermint oil or similar but nice. I do wish there was more in the bottle. Only about 5 applications per bottle.

on 4/12/2005 5:30:00 AM

This is a tinted gel in a tube. It's very easy to use. It sinks in quickly, and the tint allows you to see anywhere you've missed. The tint is not an indication of the final shade though, and it washes off the first time you shower, leaving the true colour underneath. This is fortunate for me, as I seem unable to apply this product without superficial streaking and patchiness. However if I apply before bed and shower off the surface colour in the morning (which is my favoured method anyway) I'm left with a perfectly even tan.
The colour is extremely light and natural, a slightly reddish tan that's perfect on my superwhite skin. It genuinely looks as if I've spent a few hours in the sun. A second application a day after the first gives a deeper shade. However I don't think even this would be enough if you're after a deep Jessica Simpson tan. This is more of a sunkissed look for the paler-complexioned.
I find it lasts well and wears off reasonably evenly, though it does tend to linger on my knees and feet, which are very dry. Its 'shaping' and 'toning' claims completely baffled me by the way - I saw no difference whatsoever. This aside, it's a very economical and almost foolproof product if you're looking for a subtle light tan. continued >>