4.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

At first I wasn't sure this was working - I used it a couple of times as directed and then shoved it to the back of the cabinet. It has been there since last year and when I ran out of another body oil I decided to try it again. I am a slim person but have had a HUGE problem with water retention in my legs and ankles which is getting worse with age. I have been dieting and trying to lose weight and this has made an enormous difference BUT as another reviewer stated, you have to use it regularly. I honestly think the first 2 times it barely made a difference but I have now been using it for a week and pants that used to be tight in the leg area are now loose. No swelling in my ankles, either, and sometimes that was so bad I had to wear support hose. I use it all over my legs, ankles, hips, etc. when I get out of the shower in the morning and do not rinse it off. Never never never going to go without this again! The price is horrendous - I buy it on Amazon for about $20 less than the Clarins counter.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesBrown

4 years ago

Clarins body products are truly the best. High quality and they deliver results. This product REALLY works. I use it on dry skin on my thighs and buttocks in the evening before bed time (no shower/no rinse) and by the morning, my legs are WAY slimmer and my cellulite is barely visible. Yes, it does make you pee more. The results are truly outstanding!! And when I go to the gym in the morning I apply Clarins Masvelt Contour cream and this has really help burn the cellulite. The combo of the two (Masvelt in the morring and anti-eau in the evening) deliver real results.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOther, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesGreen

5 years ago

I often have swollen legs and it contributes pretty much to my weight gain. I bought this product in hope it could help me, even if the price of it is sky high. It took me a while to "test" it, I couldn't understand wether it is working or not. In fact I was not following instructions and did not rinse it with cold water. When I started to do it, I realized it worked amazingly well! Since it is not really every day product, I use it approximately once a week, especially before days when I need to look very good. I really wake up with slimmer legs!

About reviewer (43 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

6 years ago

I started using this oil when i'm 32 weeks pregnant, since water retention on my thighs getting obvious... I applied this oil in the evening, after my daily scrub with bodyshop's glove in the shower... After shower, while the skin is still damp, i'll apply this anti-eau oil on my bottom part (legs) and tonic oil on my tummy and above for stretchmark and toning... What can i say, i love the immediate result the following morning!!! And yes, i noticed that i peed more in the morning after using this oil overnight and my legs are slimmer, no more dimples!! I think i will still be using this oil after delivery together with the tonic oil... Btw, i used extra virgin olive oil for moisturising my hair and body.. I also use few drops of rosehip oil religiously for my face and other targeted areas for scarring and anti aging... I'm a believer in organic and pure ingredients, including clarins body oil...

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

7 years ago

This is a great body oil from Clarins. I have used this off and on for over 20 years now and two things i love about it are: 1. Very moisturizing without being greasy 2. The aromatic smell from the essential oils The claim about losing weight from using this oil is something I am not entirely sure about. I use the oil because it makes me feel good and the Clarins system of applying it to moist skin after a cool shower is wonderful ( but not in winter ! ) If you use their method - you really do not need a body cream after your shower but perhaps a bit more of this oil instead- just a few drops when your skin is towel dried if you suffer from drier type skin . The losing weight claim : I do find that the essential oils and the cool shower do * something * to boost your circulation and perhaps your metabolism . I do exercise and try and look after my diet so I cannot state for sure that any weight loss comes from this product. The diuretic effect of the essential oils and the massage has a slight effect on my body perhaps pre menstrually but that is all . All I know is that this oil smells very good, makes me feel calmer and helps my skin feel softer . It saves me time putting body cream on after my shower. I have a soft spot for this oil and for the Tonic oil so I will keep buying both !

About reviewer (461 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

from

7 years ago

I liked this body-oil a lot. It smells beautifully like herbs, moisturizes and yes - I think it may even help, as it promises, with water retention. I feel good and pampered when I use it and I do it the way Clarins suggests it: putting it on while still in the shower and rinsing afterwards. When I pat dry after the shower, there is still enough oil on the skin so I wouldn´t need to use lotion (mostly, especially in winter, I still do put lotion on the dry skin on my legs), but it doesn´t feel greasy. Great product!

About reviewer (337 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

7 years ago

I cannot stress how amazing this product is. First off it smells like Hawaii - tropical, floral, fruity, delicious! I use it after a shower before bed whenever I feel fat/bloated/heavy. I'm one of those "skinny-fat" people prone to swelling in my legs, the dreaded cankles, and bloated tummy. This completely fixes it. I put it on when I'm still wet in the shower, slap it on from my ankles to my stomach, rub it in a little, then get dried off and follow with my normal body lotion. No cold shower for me... When I wake up I have gorgeous silky-smooth legs and a flat belly again! It gets rid of any feeling of heaviness, cures my cankles and swollen knees and makes me feel sexy. It is VERY noticeable. To check this, I put it on only one leg and every person I asked could tell which leg had the oil the next day. I think it makes you pee more to get rid of the extra fluid (for me this is the next morning). The results lasts a day or two, but it's totally worth it. It's expensive, but the bottle has lasted me 6 months already and I'm not even half done.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

8 years ago

I purchased this item a few days ago. My skin gets very dry and flaky in the fall/winter months and I have used and searched for body oil products over the years. I was looking for a therapeutic oil so I decided to visit the Clarins counter. The SA was pushing the tonic oil, but I chose this one instead since I have trouble with water retention during "that time of the month". I must say that this oil is very effective. Relieves water retention in my legs and abdomen. I use at night after showering and wake up the next day with baby soft, hydrated skin. LOVE!

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Dark

HairBlack

EyesOther

from

9 years ago

Great, great, great product. I use it every night and I just love the way my skin looks, feels and smells :) Yes, the packaging is a bit awkward, but after a few uses you'll become accustomed to it. I use this in conjunction with Clarins HD Body Lift, but I do not use it on damp skin or follow with a cold shower...I'm too lazy :) Anways, I highly reccomend this product (now I just need to use Clarins Body Shaping Cream).

About reviewer (25 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrown

EyesBlue

9 years ago

This product is a GREAT option for who has problem with water retention. It really works!!! I always feel my legs so heavy and my body feels always like is ''swelling'', i use this oil every evening after shower and before go to sleep and noticed that this oil helped ALOT, like the other products i tested never did. It is a little bit pricey but totally worth and lasts for a long time. It is my biggest HG beauty product! Thanks Clarins! :D update: this oil make me slimmer!!! its just amazing, this is the best beauty product ever!!!

About reviewer (57 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair