CLARINS Liquid Bronze

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
CLARINS Liquid Bronze
Liquid Bronze

4.2

4.2 oz: Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Dihydroxyacetone, Cetearyl Isononanoate, PPG-15, Stearyl Ether, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, C14-22 Alcohols, Erythrulose, PPG-5 Ceteth-20, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, C12-20 Alkyl Glucoside, Squalene, Fragrance (Parfum), Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Polysorbate 60, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sorbitan Isostearate, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, BHT, Sodium Benzoate.

This is my favourite facial fake tan! I've been using it for years as it's the only one i've found that doesn't break me out, isn't too dark, orange, yellow, patchy, muddy, streaky etc.

I'm 34 and I have very fair sensitive, acne-prone, highly allergic skin but I have no problem with this product. To prep I exfoliate with a cream cleanser and a konjac sponge, rinse with water and pat dry. I wipe the tanner onto bare skin with a cotton pad going over several times to spread it out evenly, then wipe over my eyebrows, hairline and around my eyes with a dry pad. If I want a darker colour I wait for it to dry then go over it again if I'm feeling impatient, or for a better result repeat the next day.

It does smell quite strong but I've never found a fake tanner that doesn't smell weird and I've tried a lot of them. I just apply it at night and wash off thoroughly the next morning. I do find it develops more the next day even after washing it off.

It's not the cheapest fake tanner but for me it's the best and I like the straightforward packaging.

on 6/16/2014 1:38:00 AM

Beautiful subtle glow that does take 2-3 days of applications. My only complaint is I wish it would build to be darker if needed. However I must praise Clarins because this did not bother or break out my incredibly sensitive skin! I recommend it.

I bought this, in part because "InStyle" magazine chose this as the best facial self-tanner for 2013. I have to say application is easy. Put some on a cotton ball, swab it evenly around your face, and wait. The color that develops is a believable bronze. A keeper.

VERY DISAPPOINTED!!! Hardly any colour after 4 days of use! every morning when i cleanse my face I'm back to pale me!!! Not worth the money!! Although smell is not bad but not the best...

on 10/16/2012 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this product every night for a week. For the first application i applied in the afternoon, then didn't take it off until morning the next day (at least 18 hours). At first i was so disappointed, and was ready to return it, thinking it was a waste of money and time. Basically no colour had come up at all, and this is not marketed as a gradual tanner!!

However, in about another 5 hours some colour developed out of nowhere. Nothing dark, just a golden colour.

I have continued to use it every night since, and the golden colour has remained, without becoming orange, or unnaturally dark.
I personally think it probably gets you to what your natural ability to tan would bring up in your skin - I've come to this conclusion because I once spent 2 months in the tropics on holiday, in the sun everyday (btw tanning naturally is almost impossible for me) and all I ever developed was a light golden colour. Clarins Liquid Bronze is a bit more coloured than that :)

Possibly would go orange on others who are able to tan easier ?

I would buy again, it's a little bit greasy, but a lot better than other facial tanners I've tried, and my skin hasn't had any reaction :)

Don't bother with it if you want an intense tan. There are plenty of other products on the market that will achieve that for you. This is just for slight colour.

on 9/28/2012 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

HG material!
BUT, it only works on me when I am already slightly tanned! I use it everytime after a beach vacation to give my tan an extra kick. It gives a super natural color not only on the face.Because it is very liquid, no problems with streaks.

on 8/1/2012 9:52:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

When I started to use this self tan product I was impressed. It left my face a beautiful bronze colour and covered up any existing imperfections, meaning I could wear less makeup.

However, these initial positive effects were hugely outweighed when I started to develop a few huge, sore, red, shiny spots - the likes of which I have never experienced before (and my skin is by no means perfect). Not only were they unnaturally severe compared to what I am used to, but they also developed on areas of my skin that I have never had any problems with before. After a month I guessed the culprit of my new skin nightmares, and stopped using Clarins Liquid Bronze. Never again have those vile red lumps resurfaced. Although I am still trying to get rid of a little red scar which remains to remind me of the horrible product that caused me so much trouble.

'Do not buy me'.

This is the best self tanner I've found for my face. It gives me a nice glow and evens out my skin tone without being irritating. I usually only use it one or two days in a row because after that it can start to look yellow.

on 6/1/2011 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

SMELL: Light, one of the lightest scented tanner products out there. Pleasantly surprised. ...
FEEL: Light milky liquid lotion. A little goes a long way. Glides on. Stays moist and dewy through the day. Can be greasy if too much applied (Can blot with tissue). ...
COLOR: Sheer difference after first use. Noticeable glow after the second or third day. More matte tan after day 4. A little tad more orange than my olive-toned tan on the rest of my body... but a lovely color on me. (Jergens works faster though)
USE:.. I received a sample from Sephora, and tried it on my face for a week. The sales lady told me NOT to exfoliate, however I have dry patches that developed more color. It was easy to correct by putting more on the lighter spots, as the tanner is so gradual. It also lasted about 2 days after I stopped using it. I could use it every second day after I achieved the color I wanted.
CONS: A benefit was that the tanner brought more circulation to my face for a rosy glow on my cheeks. The con was it irritated my skin after day 3 or 4.
** I might buy this again, but I'm currently trying Perricone's No Sun Tanner first.

on 2/23/2011 10:49:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I really liked this bronzer! when I used it the first time I did not wake up a lot tanner, but when I compared my face to my hand I could see that my face had gone a darker colour. don't use it more than once a day, it will start looking orange when you use too much or use it too frequently.

ok: updated, I was wrong, I looked at myself in better lighting and my face had an orange glow. Too bad, I thought I had found the perfect tanner for my face. (It might work nicer on people who have medium, more than nc20 or something, skin. Give them a summery glow but for my very fair skin it looked wrong.)