CLARINS Liquid Bronze

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
CLARINS Liquid Bronze
Liquid Bronze

4.2

4.2 oz: Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Dihydroxyacetone, Cetearyl Isononanoate, PPG-15, Stearyl Ether, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, C14-22 Alcohols, Erythrulose, PPG-5 Ceteth-20, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, C12-20 Alkyl Glucoside, Squalene, Fragrance (Parfum), Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Polysorbate 60, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sorbitan Isostearate, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, BHT, Sodium Benzoate.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This self-tanner has the most awful self-tanner smell. I don't know what products other reviewers compared it to, but compare to my Xen-tan it's terrible.
It didn't give my medium warm completion a tan, but a gorgeous photo finish glow. Looks very pretty, but I still wanted more color. It didn't break out my sensitive skin, but no tan and the awful smell doesn't worth more than three stars.
Will not repurchase, do not recommend.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This morning I had ran out of my ordinary moisturiser and I had a small sample tube of this lying about so I quickly rubbed it on my face, put my normal foundation on and forgot about it. At the end of the day when my makeup had faded I looked in the mirror and my face was a gorgeous tanned shade, so natural like I've just come off holiday. I'm so impressed and I'm going to buy a full bottle! Took a lippy off for the smell - typical biscuity fake tan smell but I think this is because I applied it with my hands and I could smell it on them all day. I'll use a cotton pad tomorrow!

on 10/16/2012 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this product every night for a week. For the first application i applied in the afternoon, then didn't take it off until morning the next day (at least 18 hours). At first i was so disappointed, and was ready to return it, thinking it was a waste of money and time. Basically no colour had come up at all, and this is not marketed as a gradual tanner!!

However, in about another 5 hours some colour developed out of nowhere. Nothing dark, just a golden colour.

I have continued to use it every night since, and the golden colour has remained, without becoming orange, or unnaturally dark.
I personally think it probably gets you to what your natural ability to tan would bring up in your skin - I've come to this conclusion because I once spent 2 months in the tropics on holiday, in the sun everyday (btw tanning naturally is almost impossible for me) and all I ever developed was a light golden colour. Clarins Liquid Bronze is a bit more coloured than that :)

Possibly would go orange on others who are able to tan easier ?

I would buy again, it's a little bit greasy, but a lot better than other facial tanners I've tried, and my skin hasn't had any reaction :)

Don't bother with it if you want an intense tan. There are plenty of other products on the market that will achieve that for you. This is just for slight colour.

on 8/1/2012 9:52:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

When I started to use this self tan product I was impressed. It left my face a beautiful bronze colour and covered up any existing imperfections, meaning I could wear less makeup.

However, these initial positive effects were hugely outweighed when I started to develop a few huge, sore, red, shiny spots - the likes of which I have never experienced before (and my skin is by no means perfect). Not only were they unnaturally severe compared to what I am used to, but they also developed on areas of my skin that I have never had any problems with before. After a month I guessed the culprit of my new skin nightmares, and stopped using Clarins Liquid Bronze. Never again have those vile red lumps resurfaced. Although I am still trying to get rid of a little red scar which remains to remind me of the horrible product that caused me so much trouble.

'Do not buy me'.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

**Update February 2015: This is still my absolute favorite facial self tanner many years later. It's fantastic and gentle. In fact, I recently developed rosacea and this is the only product I haven't had to replace because it is so gentle. Love it!***

Yet another one of my HG products for years that I've somehow forgotten to review.

I apply this white, runny self tanner with a cotton round after I get out of the shower and enjoy watching it "develop" over the course of the next hour or two afterwards into a nice, healthy bronze "glow." This does not have a strong smell and does not break me out (I have some pretty picky sensitive skin). The only thing is that I wished the color stayed longer than a day or two, also the price is slightly high for the amount of product you get and I find that it is somewhat less effective toward the bottom of the bottle.

I've been using this on my face and L'Oreal Sublime Glow lotion in medium on my body - I tried the Clarins Gelee Auto-Bronzante Express Self Tanning Gel but it twas just too orange on my poor pasty legs. It's a good match for my skin tone and wallet since the L'Oreal is less than $10 and lasts a long time.

Overall, a great product that I've repurchased many times over the years.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hope I am in the right Clarins category, I am reviewing the Clarins Liquid Bronze Self Tanning for the Face and Decollete'.

I love this product! I am so pale and even more-so now after using Obagi products that bleach and even-out my skin tone. Though I didn't think it was possible my face is even more pale than before! I love how easy this product is to apply and how goof-proof it is. It does not streak or clump anywhere so I don't have to be super-careful when applying it. It absorbs and dries quickly so I can continue on with my skin routine.

I use it after I wash and apply my Obagi products and before I apply my sunscreen. Within hours it gradually gives me the light color I need without being too stark or fake. It's just a subtle "sun kissed" even color for my fair skin.

on 6/1/2011 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

SMELL: Light, one of the lightest scented tanner products out there. Pleasantly surprised. ...
FEEL: Light milky liquid lotion. A little goes a long way. Glides on. Stays moist and dewy through the day. Can be greasy if too much applied (Can blot with tissue). ...
COLOR: Sheer difference after first use. Noticeable glow after the second or third day. More matte tan after day 4. A little tad more orange than my olive-toned tan on the rest of my body... but a lovely color on me. (Jergens works faster though)
USE:.. I received a sample from Sephora, and tried it on my face for a week. The sales lady told me NOT to exfoliate, however I have dry patches that developed more color. It was easy to correct by putting more on the lighter spots, as the tanner is so gradual. It also lasted about 2 days after I stopped using it. I could use it every second day after I achieved the color I wanted.
CONS: A benefit was that the tanner brought more circulation to my face for a rosy glow on my cheeks. The con was it irritated my skin after day 3 or 4.
** I might buy this again, but I'm currently trying Perricone's No Sun Tanner first.

on 11/19/2008 7:27:00 PM

I have been using this Clarins Liquid Bronze for years.
When using it to make it look believable, I put it on my ears, neck and also a little on my hands. It builds a believable color that when used under makeup it holds your make-up all day. I live in Buffalo and by the time February rolls around, most women are beginning to look
so pale, but not me!

on 10/13/2008 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

After reading the great reviews for this I decided to go get a sample from the clarins counter at my mall. Thank God I didn't actually buy this stuff! I applied just a tiny bit of it to my face last night and then went to bed. In the morning I woke up, took a shower, and then looked in the mirror expecting to have a natural glowy looking tan; however, it was exactly the opposite! My face looked orange and very unnatural! Thankfully it didn't break me out! Then I would be orange and covered it zits :(

on 4/28/2008 9:13:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is a great product. Just received it a few days ago and have used it every morning since. Gives me a natural glow and basically replaces my bronzer (I still use a little on my cheeks, forehead and chin). This is actually the first sunless face tanner I've used that doesn't wash off at night with my makeup. I can see that my face is still a tad darker the next morning!

The Liquid Bronze has a light, milky consistency that makes it easy to blend but dries very quickly. I apply it right after washing my face, wait about 30 seconds and then apply my tinted moisturizer. Yes, this is pretty pricey but for a gorgeous complexion I'm willing to shell out the $$$. This bottle will last for months.