MAC Teddy Eye Kohl

MAC Teddy Eye Kohl

4.4

Hydrogenated coco-glycerides, triethylhexanoin, beeswax\cera alba\cire d'abeille, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, dipentaerythrityl hexahydroxystearate/hexastearate/hexarosinate, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax\cera carnauba\cire de carnauba, polymethyl methacrylate, ozokerite, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, lecithin, citric acid [ /- mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), aluminum powder (CI 77000), blue 1 lake (CI 42090), bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), carmine (CI 75470), chromium hydroxide green (CI 77289), chromium oxide greens (CI 77288), ferric ferrocyanide (CI 77510), manganese violet (CI 77742), ultramarines (CI 77007), yellow 5 lake (CI 19140)]

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The color is stunning! Dark brown with a gold shimmer.
The pencil is soft and glides easily. The staying power isn't impressive, lunchtime touch-up is needed, and one more for the evening out.
I can't wear it on my waterline, it hurts/ irritates my sensitive eyes.

This was the first MAC eyeliner I got back in [i think it was 1996?] so I got another one & it’s still as wonderful dependable good old Teddy! He’s a bear but the teddy variety, he won’t make you go [RAWR!] in frustration. He will serve you well being a staunch companion by lasting a long time (in wear time & in how long the pencil lasts b4 u need a new 1!). I’ve only owned it twice in all these years. I never got to finish my first 1 bcoz my jerk bf at the time threw away all my makeup. >:( teddy you are a better friend and I will always love you and never let anyone throw you away. It’s a golden bronze w flecks of gold not glittery but it has flecks. It looks good w grey eyes (I have grey eyes but it could look awesome w hazel eyes!). #winning Grade: A

on 4/17/2018 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Kohl pencil is soft and easy to apply. Colour is very pretty brown with flecks of iridescence. The downside, is that it transfers quickly to upper lid but most importantly the colour just doesn't last, even with a primer it fades after a few hours.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have purchased this pencil time and time again. Nothing beats the creamy consistency of the kohl pencil and the beautiful bronze color. It can make an ordinary neutral eye "next level". You can go subtle with it or smudge it out for a smoky eye base. Love Teddy!

on 7/28/2016 8:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

As others have stated Teddy is a gorgeous reddish bronze with slight pearl. I find it very flattering for green eyes, very wearable for every day and applies smoothly. It's not very obvious on the waterline and longevity leaves something to be desired though.

on 10/14/2015 6:30:00 PM

Love this so creamy and smooth and there is depth to the color, not just a flat dry brown. Reasonable prices as last ages. I would recommend for green or hazel eyes

on 7/20/2015 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This has been my go to eyeliner for the past few years and for several good reasons: 1) the colour is gorgeous (as others have mentioned!) - a really lovely bronzy medium brown with a subtle metallic sheen; 2) price is reasonable; 3) pencil holds up to sharpening and isn't too soft/crumbly that it needs to be sharpened constantly. Oh, and last of all, it is very easy to use - natural looking enough for daytime use and flattering on pretty much everyone.

Now for the downsides. My major issue with this product is the lack of staying power. It fades away within a few hours and also tends to melt down around the edge of my lower lash line, which isn't the most attractive look. Keep in mind though that climate probably plays a big role here; I like in a humid place so makeup definitely needs a higher degree of staying power to last over here. Sure, you can touch up throughout the day but frankly, I'm too lazy to make regular pit stops to the powder room for primping up.

Basically, this is a good product and is def worth trying out. I'm planning on looking for longer lasting alternatives but I'll always have a place in my heart (or top shelf) for Teddy.

on 3/14/2015 10:30:00 AM

This is one eyeliner you can always find in my make up bag. It is so nice, creamy and long lasting, and the bronzey-brown color is so versatile. The long-lasting bit was a surprise for me, as it`s not part of the marketing: I cried when I got some sad news and when I went to the restroom to clean up, it hadn`t budged! I use it everyday and also for evening looks, by layering more of it. Even though it`s freezing here and a lot of my eyeliners need some serious warming up to be used, didn`t have this problem with Teddy. The price has me hemming and hawing a bit, but luckily I found a perfect dupe for it from the Korean brand The Face Shop (Make me star waterproof gel liner in brown).

A beautiful rich brown that is great to add to a brown smokey eye, although I think about 13 is a bit steep just for an eyeliner but it lasts for ages because it's quite long.

on 11/1/2014 5:20:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I picked this one up as an alternative to black (since I'm always nervous it will look too stark on my paler skin and lashes). It is much lighter than I imagined so the effect is very subtle. However, the color makes the eyes look a bit more summery and warm. I like to pair this with a light, bronzey look.

Pros:
* very gentle, somewhat shimmery color
* can be blended/smoked out
* subtle accent to hazel eyes
* creamy, easy to sharpen and apply

Cons:
* cap cracks (fixed with masking tape)
* needs to be warmed up before use