MAC Cosmetics Eye Kohl - Teddy

MAC Cosmetics Eye Kohl - Teddy
Eye Kohl - Teddy

4.4

Hydrogenated coco-glycerides, triethylhexanoin, beeswax\cera alba\cire d'abeille, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, dipentaerythrityl hexahydroxystearate/hexastearate/hexarosinate, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax\cera carnauba\cire de carnauba, polymethyl methacrylate, ozokerite, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, lecithin, citric acid [ /- mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), aluminum powder (CI 77000), blue 1 lake (CI 42090), bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), carmine (CI 75470), chromium hydroxide green (CI 77289), chromium oxide greens (CI 77288), ferric ferrocyanide (CI 77510), manganese violet (CI 77742), ultramarines (CI 77007), yellow 5 lake (CI 19140)]

Love the beautiful brown shade, hate the price! Was able to achieve the same looks with the essence kajal 08 pencil eyeliner for a whole lot less. But this color is perfect for me. I apply it not even half way on my lower lashline, smudge with my pinky, and add some mascara. I also use this, or sometimes something a little darker, on my top lashline. Looks more natural than any other shade of e/l I've ever used. The one in the essence brand is a keeper.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

A friend recommended this one to me and it's now one of my favorite products in my makeup bag. I currently have this in both Teddy and Smolder shades. The color is quite bold and intense, and it's so far the best eye liner I have tried - staying on almost a full day, despite me having quite oily skin/eye lids. Has lasted me for ages too, although that's partly down to me alternating between the two shades. I would re-purchase and would love to try some of the other shades too.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

A great eyeliner for that extra "pop" of something special. I found a great dupe for this is the Essence Kajal Pencil in 08 Teddy. Exactly the same shade for $1.99 :D

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The color is stunning! Dark brown with a gold shimmer.
The pencil is soft and glides easily. The staying power isn't impressive, lunchtime touch-up is needed, and one more for the evening out.
I can't wear it on my waterline, it hurts/ irritates my sensitive eyes.

This was the first MAC eyeliner I got back in [i think it was 1996?] so I got another one & it’s still as wonderful dependable good old Teddy! He’s a bear but the teddy variety, he won’t make you go [RAWR!] in frustration. He will serve you well being a staunch companion by lasting a long time (in wear time & in how long the pencil lasts b4 u need a new 1!). I’ve only owned it twice in all these years. I never got to finish my first 1 bcoz my jerk bf at the time threw away all my makeup. >:( teddy you are a better friend and I will always love you and never let anyone throw you away. It’s a golden bronze w flecks of gold not glittery but it has flecks. It looks good w grey eyes (I have grey eyes but it could look awesome w hazel eyes!). #winning Grade: A

on 4/17/2018 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Kohl pencil is soft and easy to apply. Colour is very pretty brown with flecks of iridescence. The downside, is that it transfers quickly to upper lid but most importantly the colour just doesn't last, even with a primer it fades after a few hours.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have purchased this pencil time and time again. Nothing beats the creamy consistency of the kohl pencil and the beautiful bronze color. It can make an ordinary neutral eye "next level". You can go subtle with it or smudge it out for a smoky eye base. Love Teddy!

on 7/28/2016 8:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

As others have stated Teddy is a gorgeous reddish bronze with slight pearl. I find it very flattering for green eyes, very wearable for every day and applies smoothly. It's not very obvious on the waterline and longevity leaves something to be desired though.

on 10/14/2015 6:30:00 PM

Love this so creamy and smooth and there is depth to the color, not just a flat dry brown. Reasonable prices as last ages. I would recommend for green or hazel eyes

on 7/20/2015 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This has been my go to eyeliner for the past few years and for several good reasons: 1) the colour is gorgeous (as others have mentioned!) - a really lovely bronzy medium brown with a subtle metallic sheen; 2) price is reasonable; 3) pencil holds up to sharpening and isn't too soft/crumbly that it needs to be sharpened constantly. Oh, and last of all, it is very easy to use - natural looking enough for daytime use and flattering on pretty much everyone.

Now for the downsides. My major issue with this product is the lack of staying power. It fades away within a few hours and also tends to melt down around the edge of my lower lash line, which isn't the most attractive look. Keep in mind though that climate probably plays a big role here; I like in a humid place so makeup definitely needs a higher degree of staying power to last over here. Sure, you can touch up throughout the day but frankly, I'm too lazy to make regular pit stops to the powder room for primping up.

Basically, this is a good product and is def worth trying out. I'm planning on looking for longer lasting alternatives but I'll always have a place in my heart (or top shelf) for Teddy.