4.4

$19.00 on Nordstrom
Shop Now

Reviews

4 months ago

I bought this after seeing Lisa Eldridge use this on a makeover. I thought it was a nice dark choco/bronze color and was a softer alternative to black. It's all that but so much more. This liner smudged like an eye shadow becomes that perfect dark brown with a twist easy smoky eye. When tight lined on the top and bottom waterline it gives this subtle definition without being too much. This has become my go to for a no make up look, or when I want to look put together but don't have enough time. I've been using this for the last 3 years at least and don't plan on stopping any time soon.

About reviewer (46 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

a year ago

I don't understand why some people hate this so much. This product is fantastic! I don't experience migration of this product. Wherever I apply this it stays put. The colour is beautiful and the glitter specks, although not harsh, make it look even more stunning. It really makes the lashline look fuller and more defined and it looks great on brown eyes. I use this for my every day natural look but also when I want to look really glam. The pencil is soft but not crumbly and it doesn't tug on the eye when its applied. The application is smooth. I get a full 8 hour wear on each application. That's 8 hours of no migrating and no smudging. I will keep buying this product!

About reviewer (97 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

a year ago

Love the beautiful brown shade, hate the price! Was able to achieve the same looks with the essence kajal 08 pencil eyeliner for a whole lot less. But this color is perfect for me. I apply it not even half way on my lower lashline, smudge with my pinky, and add some mascara. I also use this, or sometimes something a little darker, on my top lashline. Looks more natural than any other shade of e/l I've ever used. The one in the essence brand is a keeper.

About reviewer (34 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

2 years ago

A friend recommended this one to me and it's now one of my favorite products in my makeup bag. I currently have this in both Teddy and Smolder shades. The color is quite bold and intense, and it's so far the best eye liner I have tried - staying on almost a full day, despite me having quite oily skin/eye lids. Has lasted me for ages too, although that's partly down to me alternating between the two shades. I would re-purchase and would love to try some of the other shades too. Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective) 1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream 9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (567 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

2 years ago

A great eyeliner for that extra "pop" of something special. I found a great dupe for this is the Essence Kajal Pencil in 08 Teddy. Exactly the same shade for $1.99 :D

About reviewer (450 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

3.0

2 years ago

The color is stunning! Dark brown with a gold shimmer. The pencil is soft and glides easily. The staying power isn't impressive, lunchtime touch-up is needed, and one more for the evening out. I can't wear it on my waterline, it hurts/ irritates my sensitive eyes.

About reviewer (667 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

2 years ago

This was the first MAC eyeliner I got back in [i think it was 1996?] so I got another one & it’s still as wonderful dependable good old Teddy! He’s a bear but the teddy variety, he won’t make you go [RAWR!] in frustration. He will serve you well being a staunch companion by lasting a long time (in wear time & in how long the pencil lasts b4 u need a new 1!). I’ve only owned it twice in all these years. I never got to finish my first 1 bcoz my jerk bf at the time threw away all my makeup. >:( teddy you are a better friend and I will always love you and never let anyone throw you away. It’s a golden bronze w flecks of gold not glittery but it has flecks. It looks good w grey eyes (I have grey eyes but it could look awesome w hazel eyes!). #winning Grade: A

About reviewer (2417 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

3.0

2 years ago

Kohl pencil is soft and easy to apply. Colour is very pretty brown with flecks of iridescence. The downside, is that it transfers quickly to upper lid but most importantly the colour just doesn't last, even with a primer it fades after a few hours.

About reviewer (209 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

I have purchased this pencil time and time again. Nothing beats the creamy consistency of the kohl pencil and the beautiful bronze color. It can make an ordinary neutral eye "next level". You can go subtle with it or smudge it out for a smoky eye base. Love Teddy!

About reviewer (74 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

from

4 years ago

As others have stated Teddy is a gorgeous reddish bronze with slight pearl. I find it very flattering for green eyes, very wearable for every day and applies smoothly. It's not very obvious on the waterline and longevity leaves something to be desired though.

About reviewer (952 reviews)

Age25-29