Penhaligon's Lavandula

Penhaligon's Lavandula

on 4/15/2018 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I received a large sample of this through a perfume subscription service. As a big lavender fan I was very curious about this fragrance as it sounded right up my street. My signature scent is Serge Lutens Gris Clair, which leans more to the masculine and winter side of lavender, Lavandula is definitely more feminine and is better suited for spring/summer. It’s soft and warm and a very rounded lavender scent. It smells very clean but not boring. Sillage is moderate, longevity is good.

on 2/7/2008 4:52:00 AM

I am not a fun of lavender, so when I received a sample of this I wasn't thrilled. When I tried it on though I completely changed my mind! It's so fresh, so subtle and softly feminine that I loved it. I read a review saying that this was heavy and I can't believe it!!! How can anyone be offended by this smell or find it heavy? It's mildly spicy (mildly is the key word) but as fresh as spring. Unfortunately, it is so light on me that's almost not there after an hour or two at most, and that (and the price) is the reason I'm not thinking about buying it right now. But my birthday is near so ... if I'm addicted until then I may send my dear hubby to get this as a gift!

on 6/18/2006 2:03:00 AM

I absolutely loved this fragrance the first time I smelled it and thought it was going to be my HG scent. It is a very distinctive lavender fragrance, slightly spicy, and unique. The bottle is beautiful. Unfortunately I turned out to be extremely allergic to it due to the grassy notes. People who are fans of lavender (like I am) might really love this fragrance, but if you have grass allergies it might be a problem.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I am picky on Lavender- so far the best one I've found was Lavande et Velours- I'm not wild on the SL and Jicky bugs me due to the civet. This one is very refreshing- it does have a citrus/herbacious top, and the lavender in it is fresh and clear. I don't find it masculine, as I did with the Thymes Lavender. I do detect the pepper and other things in it. My friend tried it on, and on her it smells like Light Blue. Not on me! It's very pretty.

Popular Fragrances