4.1

price range

Reviews

2.0

8 years ago

I dont know what the big hype is about this product, but it doesnt work well for me, and to be honest, ive had better affects with pharmacy products at dirt cheap prices, so this is something that is definitely overrated. I like using volumizing products when I blow dry my hair, and I decided to give this a try. First of all it's not exactly cheap, I think I paid 10$ for it, and it was on sale. I applied it to my hair when I blow dried by rubbing it in my hands first then distributing it in my hair as some othe reviewers suggested, and I just didnt see any effects. Plus, it left a weird sticky feeling, didnt leave my hair soft at all! Please dont waste your money on this!

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

1.0

9 years ago

After reading the reviews I purchased this on amazon for my fine thin straight hair (cut into a short bob). This didn't do much at all. It looked the same as when I blow dried it. Maybe this has something to do with my hair type - might work better with medium-thick hair or different textures.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium

HairBrown

9 years ago

I'm not a fan of mousse but this does exactly what it says and using it in minimum quantities still provides awesome results. I have thick, coarse hair, and after I apply this directly at the root and start blow drying the hair just starts standing right up. I've seen it work magic on fine, thin hair too. Smells pretty good, the typical Big Sexy fragrance. Since you don't need to use a ton of it, it lasts a really long time.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

EyesGreen

from

9 years ago

I really love this product. I think the key with this is that "less is more", though. I've had it almost a year - and there's still a lot left. I use this on towel-dried hair - one small shot on either side of my part, and then one shot on the crown - I work it in, (make sure there's not a blob of foam in there) and then comb through. I then put my hair in a bun until I'm ready to dry it, within 15 minute or so. This is probably not ideal, but I have two little ones to get ready in the morning, so it's the best I can do! :) I then fully dry my hair, and finish with hairspray - I have thick, but fine hair - and this gives it crown and root volume without grease and heaviness. I use this with B&B's Styling Lotion (right out of the shower, combed through), and TIGI's Massive Shine Hairspray (to finish), and my hair looks consistently finished and styled. Good product - just don't use too much.

About reviewer (135 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

9 years ago

I do like this product...it does give root lift and volume. It is too expensive though.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

9 years ago

I got a couple new volumizing styling products at Ulta over the weekend to help combat my dreadful, limp hair. Root Pump was one of them. I didn't expect much because I have been disappointed time and time again at styling products that claim to do what they never actually wind up doing for my kind of hair (straight, fine, thinning). I used this today and was very impressed. First off, I can't stand volumizing products that leave my hair crunchy to the point where trying to comb through after my hair is dry feels like it's breaking & snapping because it's so tangled. Sexy Hair Concepts Root Pump is great in that it gave my hair excellent (!) volume, as well as NOT making my hair tangly and crunchy. I got great all-over volume and great root volume as well. Whoopee! Spray nozzle lets you direct the foam spray just where you want. I did this, but then also distributed it a bit better with my hands. Unless it quits working, I will definitely buy this again.

About reviewer (129 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGray

9 years ago

I've wanted to try Big Sexy Hair products for a while, and I bought the mousse as a treat for myself in a gift set that also included the Spray & Play hairspray . I use the mousse on damp hair and then blow dry upside down, it works wonders. Definitely a product range that I'd recommend.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

9 years ago

I think this works great after I wash my hair and dry it with a cloth. I put a bit of this where my roots are and blow dry upside down..it gives me volume!

About reviewer (118 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlack

9 years ago

I love this product. My hair is straight and tends to go flat. This product gives me a boost at the roots without teasing my hair. I am amazed at how much volume this gives my hair. I can't imagine going without it now.

About reviewer (46 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBrown

EyesBlue

3.0
from

9 years ago

It did give me some volume but had to return it because couldn't stand the dirty hair feeling and how dull it was.

About reviewer (457 reviews)

Age30-35