4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 years ago

Doesn't feel like I have any product in at all. Less is more. Very good for volume.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Oily, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

3.0

5 years ago

This spray on mousse gives you a pretty decent amount of volume, compared to using nothing when blowdring my hair,--I'd say this product leaves me with 1 to 2 inches of extra volumey thickness (when blowdrying upsidown with a round brush). I found it doesn't smell the greatest, but the smell isn't that overpowering. Also it can leave your hair kinda dull and matte looking.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

1.0

6 years ago

Terrible product, it made my hair looked as if I were using a ton of hair spray on my roots (just untouchable!!), no good,, next time I will be trying the Rusk Thick

About reviewer (62 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

7 years ago

I'm in love with this product. It gives my fine limp hair nice body. I dont wash my hair everyday and this product last untill I shampoo, sometimes that's 3 days.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair

7 years ago

I tried both versions (Root Pump and Root Pump Plus). This one does not give near the same volume/hold as the Root Pump Plus but it is pretty decent. I haven't experienced a bit of stiffness with this version unless I got super crazy with it. The smell of neither is noteworthy but tolerable. These were on sale at Ulta for $10 recently which is a more appropriate price point than the regular price but I will probably repurchase one or the other.

About reviewer (248 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair

EyesBlue

7 years ago

At first I didn't like this product at all.. But i figured out that is because I wasn't using it correctly. I would use a rat tail comb, to seperate my hair, spray this into the root, keep doing this in sections then after i was done i'd move all of my hair back into place and sort of rub it into my scalp i suppose you could say then blow dry upside down with a round brush and va va voom lol I love this stuff.

About reviewer (179 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

3.0

7 years ago

I bought this in a small $3 dollar trial size. So far I'm not impressed. I don't like the stiffness it gives my hair. I would like volume without hold....if that's even possible. But that is what I would like. Basically I don't want my hair to be crunchy. I guess it did provide some volume. But I was hoping for so much more, it doesn't even have a good scent. If it even has a scent I don't know -- I don't remember, I think it has a strange but light artificial smell to it. Nothing that makes you say "MMm..that smells SOOOO good". It's just nothing special. I am glad that I got to sample a small size before commiting to the full size can. I'll keep searching. There has to be something better out there.

About reviewer (103 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

7 years ago

My hair is long and thick and voluminous at the ends and sides, but it tends to get weighed down and flat on top. I use this product to give me some lift at the crown and then I coat the mid-shaft to ends with moroccan oil to smooth everything out before I blow dry. This combo works great! I think the oil counters the drying effect that others have experienced. I've gotten so many compliments on my hair since I started using root pump. It's also buying me more time between getting my layers trimmed, which is what I usually do when the top gets flat, and my hair stays cleaner-looking longer, which is a huge plus.

About reviewer (57 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesOther

8 years ago

I originally got this as a gift and I absolutely adore it. I use it after I shower and while my hair is damp. I spray into the roots and just blow dry away.... then WHOA... I have hair that lifts. It also gives my hair more volume. I love the spray bottle and that its not a mousse where I have to wash my hands after use. The packaging of this product is awesome. It's not cheap but you get a lot and it lasts.

About reviewer (82 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Medium

8 years ago

When I first used this I hated it. Then I read The Small Things blog (you'll recognize her hair tutorials from Pinterest) and there was a video showing how she puts on her volumizing mousse and I realized I was doing it completely wrong. Basically you put this on your roots the same way you would if you were coloring your roots - part your hair everywhere and apply product - and then comb it through the length of your hair. I take about 15 minutes to blow dry my hair (always upside down while sitting on the floor, bent at the waist like i'm touching my toes, reading a magazine) and when I come up for air my hair is HUGE. This has enough holding power to lock in the work of my straightening iron. My roots feel a bit stiff, like starched I guess, but it LOOKS good and really that is what I'm going after. I can get two days of great hair using this product. Highly recommend!!

About reviewer (69 reviews)

Age