Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner

Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner
Gel EyelinerGel Eyeliner

4.3

BOBBI BROWN LONG-WEAR GEL EYELINER INGREDIENTS (2010): isododecane - cyclopentasiloxane - polyethylene - trimethylsiloxysilicate - disteardimonium hectorite - propylene carbonate - lecithin - phenyl trimethicone - hydrogenated polyisobutene - methicone - barium sulfate - bht - phenoxyethanol [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) - mica - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - blue 1 lake (ci 42090) - carmine (ci 75470) - chromium oxide greens (ci 77288) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289) - bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) - ultramarines (ci 77007) - ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)]

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ok, I have tried every eyeliner under the sun (well, there may have been one or two I missed) and I have never found anything as perfect as Bobbi Brown gel eyeliners. Black is the only one I currently use; it is my absolute favorite and looks great all the time. I use it for tightlining and it is perfect. Once applied it will not budge or stray until you remove it.

There is a very simple trick to making sure your prized product will never dry out. This is foolproof if you are diligent.😀 After unscrewing the lid, remove a bit with a little spatula (that you have laid out previously) and place that bit on the back of your hand then immediately tightly screw the lid back on and replace in your stash *upside down*. To reiterate, always store upside down with lid tightly screwed on and only leave the lid off for the two seconds it takes to put a little on your hand. Easy peasy. Trust me.😘

Respectfully submitted,
colormepink

on 11/15/2018 7:10:00 AM

This review is for the Long-wear gel eye liner by Bobbi Brown.
I have tried many high end as well as drugstore gel liners and this is by far the best in that it does not smudge at all. It stays where you put it. This is also probably the only liner that actually stays in my waterline for hours. I use Caviar Ink and Espresso and I think they both look beautiful as I don't like a shiny, wet, jet black look. Depending on your brush and how you use it and layer it, it can be more or less pigmented. If I want a barely visible look in my waterline I can achieve it easily as opposed to a more dramatic, darker look by painting a thicker coat.
The only issue I have with this is that it dries out far too quickly as do most gel liners. So what I do to salvage the dried out pot is to put it in how water in a plastic bag and it becomes usable again.
I've given it 5 lippies as I always repurchase this and will in the future, my HG gel liner!

on 11/4/2018 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

overall: 6/10

I do like this eyeliner, but for the price I would rather buy drugstore. It is super black and doesn't smudge at all. I bought into the hype and I just don't find this one that much better than a cheaper brand. Packaging is nice, sturdy glass. It doesn't come with a brush but that's fine, I like to use my own brush anyway.

on 4/3/2018 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is one of the best gel liners. Goes on really well and lasts.

on 2/10/2018 1:03:00 PM

Does not work for me.
Applies ok but does not stay put and wings smudge - i have a fav brush, but still, no dice
Goes very clumpy in pot after 3 months from purchase - can be microwaved and it works again for a while, but come-on!
Does not stay put all night

The pot i have is genuine bought at bobbi brown counter.

I two pots - i have one brown and one black. Neither color is really 'right' - i like them to pop. v matte.

Not a repeat buy

on 2/7/2018 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have had major trouble with this liner smearing all over my lid. I have no trouble with other gel liners, but this one will not stay put. No matter what primer I use under it or powder I use over it I end up looking like a freak when I wear it. It is super creamy and easy to apply so that is why I gave it two stars.

on 1/5/2018 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This eyeliner is very pigmented, creamy and easy to apply. I would not recommend it if you have very oily skin, however, on aged/drier skin it is a dream to apply! On my acne prone, oily skin I find this lasts for a few hours then tends to smudge.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This gel eyeliner is the one that got me to appreciate gel liners. Matte, creamy, smooth, pigmented, staying power - I loved it, while I had it. Mine had a strange life. I got it from my grandmother who had it for a couple years but never opened it. Still worked fine for me. I used it nearly every day until one fateful evening I dropped it, and without wasting a moment my cat pounced and punted it somewhere off into the ether, into oblivion. Never found it. Rest in peace. Sorry Grandma. The Maybelline gel liner is a good dupe for this, but I think the Bobbi Brown had a mite more staying power... not too keen on paying that price tag though. Overall, I like and recommend it.

on 1/1/2018 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Wow, I've been using drugstore gels to do my brows and my liner both, and I've been looking for something that wears a bit longer and doesn't dry out too fast and this was really shit. Dried out faster than my L'Oreal gel liner, didn't last, didn't apply any better. Save your money, please

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I dont want to be the Debbie Downer on a beloved product but I hated this. I have gotten two on different occassions so I know I didn't get a random bad batch, but I found this eyeliner dries up in the pot so quickly, does not apply very well no matter what brush I use, has mediocre pigment and smudges. I do not recommend