Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner

Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner
Gel EyelinerGel Eyeliner

4.3

BOBBI BROWN LONG-WEAR GEL EYELINER INGREDIENTS (2010): isododecane - cyclopentasiloxane - polyethylene - trimethylsiloxysilicate - disteardimonium hectorite - propylene carbonate - lecithin - phenyl trimethicone - hydrogenated polyisobutene - methicone - barium sulfate - bht - phenoxyethanol [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) - mica - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - blue 1 lake (ci 42090) - carmine (ci 75470) - chromium oxide greens (ci 77288) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289) - bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) - ultramarines (ci 77007) - ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)]

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the eyeliner I use on a daily basis, but it is not the perfect one. It doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes. However, it has a tendency to smudge on the corners, and even applying powder doesn't prevent this from happening. The formula is creamy and glides on well.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Didn't work out for me. There was nothing I could do to make it stay on my eyelids for more than three hours. Big disappointment!

on 5/15/2017 5:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

my mom gave me two pots of this coz she doesnt use gel eyeliner anymore. i had the shade chocolate shimmer ink and black ink. the problem i had with the black ink was that it had dried out so terribly that nothing i did could save it. i tried melting it, but it flaked off the moment i tried to swatch it. the chocolate shimmer ink, on the other hand, was perfect. it had a very subtle shimmer to it, and it doesnt budge. i wore this everyday for almost 12 hours and it. did. not. budge. it did not transfer to my undereye (unlike several other gel liners where i ended up with dark patches under my wing). it's pricey, but for the longetivity i havent found another gel liner that did not transfer at all. i wear this without primer and i have oily lids. id buy this again just because it stays on everyday.

Very disappointed. Did they change the formula? This was my HG no-smudge ink black liner for years. The most recent pot I bought has been giving me raccoon eyes every day I wear it. It also doesn't look as crisp and dark anymore, even when I load up the brush. Returning it. Annoyed because now I have to find a new daily gel eyeliner.

on 2/15/2017 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

After my horrible experience with it Cosmetics liner, I decided to try Bobbi Brown because of the great blogger reviews online. Also, they seem to stand behind their products with a brand promise of satisfaction guaranteed...not returns accepted within 30 days only like some companies. I'm so glad I did, this liner is awesome!

Today marks my 5 month anniversary using it. It is still creamy and hasn't dried at at all. It feels the same as when I purchased it September. I don't use it too too often (probably only 10-15 times) so I'll update this review in a few months if it has dried out. It is super easy to use and doesn't tug. It is also a rich black color. Most importantly for someone like me, it doesn't smear all over my eyelids as the day goes on. I don't use a primer but I do put it over a matte powder eye shadow so maybe the eyeshadow helps hold it in place. I love that I don't have to constantly keep looking in the mirror all day to make sure I don't have raccoon eyes! In terms of removing it, I use q-tips soaked in a liquid eye make up remover and it comes off very easily.

on 1/25/2017 1:53:00 PM

After years of using a liquid pen eyeliner I discovered this and I wish I had found it before. It's so much easier, why did no one tell me?! I did have a momentary blip when I at first assumed you were meant to apply it with water and wondered why it wasn't working! If there's any other idiot out there like me, you do not apply it with water!! Just get a fine eyeliner brush and sweep it round the product and that's it, you're ready to apply.

I use it for tightlining and it goes on a treat. Literally stays all day. It's totally waterproof. The only thing I find isn't ideal is if you try to add more product on top once it has dried - it's better to finish the job all at once for best results.

I got this in Granite ink as a change from black which I had always worn before and I am very pleased with it. It's just a little bit softer, a dark grey, which I probably need now that I'm in my sixties. It comes in about 15 colours so i may be tempted to try something else, maybe Dark chocolate or Espresso.

on 1/14/2017 6:16:00 AM

Easy easy easy to use. You can be rubbish at eyeliner and use this! I would get the brush from. Bobbi and just do loads of small strokes and you can easily correct and build up the line. So user friendly

It lasts all day on me and is such a great opaque colour. Comes off with not a lot of difficulty with makeup remover. Don't have a bad thing to say about this.

on 1/9/2017 12:12:00 PM

I purchased this gel liner in black at the airport Duty free, so I know the product is authentic. One of the worst liners I have ever tried. The product was dry when within a week (I make sure to close it immediately after use), it tugged my eye lid upon application because it was so dry and clumpy. The liner smudged unless I use primer underneath it. Very disappointed in such an expensive product

on 12/2/2016 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Such a fantastic product. I wish it weren't so expensive because I plan on using it for the rest of my life! I have hooded, super oily lids, and even waterproof eyeliners would leave me a fairly smudgy mess by the end of the day, but when I use the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner, it stays absolutely put until I remove it with micellar water. I usually wear my makeup for about 14-16 hours of the day, and this eyeliner just simply does not budge. I use the Bobbi Brown eyeliner brush to apply, and I couldn't be happier with it. I've been using it about a month now, and am maybe 1/8 of the way through the jar, so I imagine it will last a good long time.

on 10/25/2016 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this eyeliner!! I use it in black ink or gunmetal on my waterline and at my lashline. It doesn't transfer onto my lower lid. It has some crazy staying power! At night I use my Lancome Bifacil waterproof eye makeup remover to get it off.
My only disappointment is that Bobbi Brown sold her makeup line to Estee Lauder. WHY would you do that, Bobbi??