Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Softening Cream Cleanser

Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Softening Cream Cleanser
No Title

3.5

Not tested on animals

2015 formula:Water (Aqua), Hydrogenated Polydecene (emollient thickener), Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate (mild cleansing agent), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (antioxidant plant oil/emollient), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Laureth-4 (emulsifier), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (stabilizer), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (mild cleansing agent), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Beta-Glucan (soothing agent), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate (surfactant/emulsifier), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin (preservative).Old formula:Water, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate (very mild cleansing agent), Hydrogenated Polydecene (emollient), Acrylates Copolymer (suspending agent and film former), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (plant oil/emollient), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (thickener), Polysorbate-80 (emulsifier), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (lather agent), Glycerin (skin-identical ingredient), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (anti-irritant), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum) (emollient), Beta-Glucan (skin-conditioning agent), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate (thickener), Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol (slip agents), Tetrasodium EDTA (chelating agent), Laureth-4 (surfactant), Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin (all preservatives), Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster).

on 4/26/2018 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm a product junkie, especially for cream cleansers, for which this is an excellent example. It doesn't foam, but still rinses easily. It removes light makeup, but you may want to use it twice if you're wearing heavy makeup. It's fragrance free and doesn't upset my sensitive skin. It doesn't break me out. I simply wet my face and massage this cleanser in. I rinse with tepid water. There is no residue left behind. It makes my skin feel clean but moist.

It's a little expensive, but you get tons of product, and Paula's Choice runs deals all the time. I just ordered a 16 ounce bottle for 20% off plus free shipping, which ended up costing me around $20.00 dollars. The normal price is $18.00 dollars for a 8 ounce bottle and $26.00 dollars for a 16 ounce bottle. For comparisons sake, I also use Elizabeth Arden's Ceramide Purifying Cleanser, which costs nearly $30.00 dollars for around 4 ounces. Ounce per ounce, Paula's choice costs less than some drugstore brands.

I haven't had a lot of luck with most of Paula's Choice skincare, but the Skin Recovery Softening Cream Cleanser is a keeper. If you like cream cleansers, I'd give this one a try.

on 11/25/2017 8:00:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I have extremely hyper sensitive skin at the moment following a severe reaction to sulphates. This cleanser was great for a week, then it started to break me out and irritate. It would be okay to use occasionally for me, but not daily.

on 10/28/2017 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought a sample of this. I applied it with wet hands to remove makeup, which it mostly did with a washcloth. It didn't burn or cause an allergic reaction for me. It also didn't foam (which normally is a good thing for me).

However, this dried my skin out within two uses. It wasn't nearly as bad as a foaming cleanser, but I had skin flakes all over and my makeup looked really weird :/ I can't use something that does this. I've since discontinued use and will try my other samples of the PC RESIST hydrating cleanser and PC Moisture Boost cleanser.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

While I didn't have any reaction to this product, I also didn't find it did it's job very well. It's similar to LRP TOLERIANE Cleanser in that it's bland and non-foaming but it doesn't remove makeup or even clean skin very well. I find that Cerave Hydrating or Aquanil works better for less $$ though none of the cleansers I've mentioned will remove makeup.

on 2/21/2016 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was the first product from PC i tried and I am very disappointed. I am glad I bought only the sample.
At first it seemed pleasant and didn't irritate my skin or eyes while washing. But it left a sticky residue that I couldn't wash away and what's worse, it made my skin very itchy- so much that I woke at night and had to scratch my face! I've got face full of pimples now.
Don't recommend this to anyone.

on 1/27/2016 4:31:00 PM

I was happy w/ this product until it was reformulated. While I can't be certain (there are so many variables), I believe the reformulated product irritated my sensitive skin w/ rosacea. I'm using PC's Calm Redness Relief cleanser now which is the same as PC's Moisture Boost (per the FAQ's for each product on the PC site). The PC website still says Skin Recovery Cleanser is a good product for rosacea but I've moved on. Calm/Moisture Boost seems like the original version of Skin Recovery and so far, it is helping my skin recover from PC's Skin Recovery Cleanser! I gave the packaging one lippy because it did not come w/ a pump and while PC used to sell pumps, they eventually did away w/ them.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I finally found the right cleanser for my skin! I have a very sensitive combination skin, both dry and a bit oily as well, prone to spots and blackheads. This doesn't irritate my skin which almost every other cleansers i tried before did so i'm very impressed. It don't dry out my skin which is a big plus because water really dries out my skin and you need to wash of this cleanser with water. I'm prone to redness as well and this don't make my face red after cleansing. I'm so impressed! My skin is so problematic and this one work wonders! I went back and bought the bigger size. I use it this all year round!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I initially ordered a weeks worth of samples of this cleanser from Paula's Choice. I was impressed that my skin did not feel dry and tight after using. Based on my experience with the samples I ordered a bottle along with other skin care products from Paula's Choice. After using the cleanser for about 10 days I noticed a tight feeling prior to moisturizing. This feeling then progressed to lots of dry patches and new fine lines around my mouth and outer eye area. I stopped using the cleanser and reverted back to my old stand by cleanser which I know does not adversly affect my skinl. After a week of this, my skin returned to normal. I tried using Paula's Choice cleanser again to make sure it was this cleanser causing the issues but again my skin had the same response to it. Obviously there is something in the ingredients which my skin does not like.

on 8/18/2014 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I purchased the kit for Rosacea skin that leans dry even though I do not have Rosacea. I do have sensitive skin that is acne prone with a lot of surface redness. While this is a good cleanser for dry and/or sensitive skin I don't think it's anything special. It's a gentle non foaming cleanser, similar to CeraVe. A 12oz bottle of CeraVe runs about $10-12, whereas this is $16 for 8oz, so its a little bit more expensive, but Paulas Choice is still less expensive than department store brands. The cleanser itself is a bit runnier than CeraVe. So far this has done a good job of cleansing my skin without making it feel dry or causing irritation. This will be added to the short list of cleansers I can use. Not sure if I would repurchase, but it's a good option if you have dry or sensitive skin.

on 1/29/2014 9:52:00 AM

This doesn't leave my face tight or traumatized. It removes most makeup except my Urban Decay eyeliner. I'm very happy with it.