Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/24/2016 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I was looking to switch from MAC loose mineral powder for a long time. Then I found this! I was paying $43 every two months at MAC, and then decided to give this a try since I was running low. What a surprise. I mean, I was blown away! The coverage was incredible, not cakey, and kept a matte finish all day long with no touch ups! It didn't enhance my fine lines, and didn't have an orange tinge to it like years ago when I switched to MAC in the first place. At $7.99, this is now my go to powder.... Save your money, this is professional MAC quality for a fraction of the cost!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm pleasantly surprises by this powder. I usually steer clear of covergirl products but after reading some of the reviews here I decided to give it a try. I have very oily skin and have been searching for a product that is right for me. I apply sunscreen, then primer, then dust my face with this powder and I find it gives me a very natural and flattering finish. I have clear skin, except for a cystic pimple once in a while, and I find this powder alone gives my skin a nice, natural boost. My skin is left soft after applying and it makes a great base for my bronzer and highlight. It also helps keep me matte for about 4-6 hours which is quite good when it comes to my skin. I would recommend this product as a finishing powder as well if you wear liquid foundation. As others have mentioned it does have a strong smell, but I don't mind it.

EDIT: I recently upped my review from four lippies to five after changing foundations and not being able to find a single one that compares to this. Sometimes cheaper is better.

on 6/29/2015 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I have never heard anyone talk about this powder before and it works amazingly well for me! HG status. I use it to set my foundation (it creases as an under eye setting powder) and I find it controls oil better than any other powder (including Rimmel Stay Matte, which is garbage). I've never noticed the smell before--it just smells faintly like powder. I don't think that I use very much because the same container will last me about 2 years with 5 day/wk use.
This powder in combination with Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse foundation works better to control my oil for 15+ hours than anything else.

I really can't get past the smell of this. So overbearing gross. I was looking for something to set my liquid makeup and read good reviews about this. Was quite disappointing for other reasons besides the smell. It made me foundation immediately look dry and cracked when it didn't look like that before. I also bought this bc I heard it was good for taking pictures but once I tested it out I still head that dreadful white cast on my face. still I continue my search for a powder that doesn't have bad flash effects.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Smells fantastic! If you like smelling like a mixture of old people's soap and dead flowers.

Okay honestly the smell isn't the best, but I don't really care about that. For some reason, CG still thinks its an A+ marketing strategy to give all of their powders the same horrible scent. I have no idea why this is, but the scent department is really lacking in basically all of their products. (Don't get me started on the lippes. For the love of pete no one wants lips that smell like plastic and cheap perfume.)

The powder is really very good. It isn't cakey, and it leaves your skin feeling quite smooth. I have the shade translucent fair. It has some color which is what I always look for, since it really helps lighten my foundation if it is a tad too dark. The smell seems to be overpowering for some, but I don't mind it honestly. It doesn't linger, which is all I care about. It extends the wear of my foundations, which is really I wanted out of it. Some of my foundations just will not last if they are set with a pressed powder, they require a loose one. This does the job, and it's only like $6 or $7.

The packaging is awful. Luckily, I had an ELF HD powder that was almost finished, so I put this powder into that container.

If you don't mind the smell, and you can deal with the packaging, this is a very good loose powder. You can almost always find it on sale for a couple dollars cheaper, too.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I have gotten the high end makeup products and i have bought the drug store products and this is by the far the best! Loose powder i have ever used. It actually kept my oil on my face under control ALL DAY long. This was my first time trying it out and although the smell is sorta bad i find that as soon as the product hits your face the smell goes away. This product does not break you out..The price was 7$ for me..Its wonderful all oily skin people buy it..It will help A LOT!

This powder is amazing! When I put on foundation I feel so caked and heavy but after when I put this on it feels like I just washed my face. The packaging is very poor and when I first opened it spilled all over me. The smell isn't that bad, its like an old grandma smell but it goes away after 10 minutes.

Overall, even though its poorly packaged and smells bad, the pros out weigh the cons as it makes your face feel and look natural.

I got this product for $10 which is pretty good for a makeup product, I have fair/dry skin and it works great! It's like the perfect color and it smells nice, doesn't make you look cakey, I love it :)
eeeh i forgot about the packaging.....packaging sucks, threw away the little fluffy applicator because it doesn;t work good and it's pretty messy but i just use a regular makeup brush and tap some of the powder into the lid which is fine, just do it over a 'wipeable' surface guys. Not your bed, hahaha i learned that the hard way ;)

on 2/22/2012 12:40:00 AM

I LOVE this powder. I've tried more expensive brands (MAC, Laura Mercier, and NARS) but they all either didn't match and then I completely wasted money, or they were too cakey. This powder is so lightweight and keeps my T-zone from getting oily. I use my large round brush and sweep it on top of my foundation and it keeps it set. Very inexpensive, large amount of powder and lightweight. Love!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

my skin coloring varies between fair and medium based on if i'm tan or not, lightest being NC/NW 15 and darkest around NW 25. i use the light shade when i'm lighter and the medium shade at my darkest. i love this powder, i think it easily rivals more expensive setting powders such as Laura Mercier or MAC (i have tried both), and this is just as good, if not better due to the lower cost. i use this after foundation and concealer, i pat this product on with a velour type puff and gently roll/buff the powder in to set my makeup. i feel this controls shine and oiliness very well, with little need to reapply or blot. will always have in my stash, with multiples at work and in my car.