COVERGIRL Professional Loose Powder

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this! i have it in medium and its perfect match *nw 35*

Be careful, only apply a little bit or it look cakey!

on 12/12/2005 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Got it in transluscent honey. Smells awful but works well.

on 11/11/2006 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I really wanted to like this powder; it's cheap and I can find it anywhere. I rarely break out, and this powder has produced a constellation of zits all over my face (I use a brush, not the puff). I'm pretty dry, so I only use loose powder once in the morning to set my make-up, so this powder would've lasted forever. I will not repurchase, unfortunately.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Really gross perfume-y smell coupled with a sparkly finish that makes it look like I'm a five-year-old that got into Mommy's make-up case? No thanks. I was hoping to tone down some of the redness of my skin, not look like a failed art project. The powder also goes everywhere and doesn't evenly cover my skin -- not a problem I've had with any other loose powder. I feel like I breathe in more of it than I put on.

I use this for now, because its good for the price. I prefer the unscented version though.

It doesn't last very long though, you will need to keep applying it after a few hours.

i really liked this. i dont like how it opens though. when you open it the powderdoes everywhere. its a bit cakey. but it goes on good. and the colors are nice. i have found something a bit better and that is why i wont be buying this again.

before i used this product i used the maybelline version of this, and when i did started using this (because i was on a budget) i loved it! it dosn't make my skin oily or dry! i put it over my foundation and it leaves a smooth finish ALL day its awsome, i've been using it for about 5 years now (since i was 14!) and nothing can compare especially at the price! i hope this stuff never discontinues!! i could never live with out it :P

on 10/16/2009 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is one of the better powders I've used. I use it with a powder brush and not the puff it came with. I'm very pale and the powder doesn't make my skin look dark or orange. I can see how the container can make a bit of a mess, but I haven't really had a problem with it. I just make sure there's not that much powder on top by always laying the container flat and lightly tapping it upside down once or twice. That way I get a small amount of powder instead of a huge pile of it.

on 9/29/2010 11:31:00 AM

A friend had bought this, never used it, and gave it to me. The shade is translucent medium. I don't need face powder, but I like trying new things, so I wore it yesterday. The first thing I have to say is I try not to buy CG products because they are not cruelty free, although I have bought the occasional CG item. However, this is a good basic face powder, and a container of it should last you a while. It comes in a sifter jar that is convenient and sturdy enough as long as you're not carrying it around with you (which I don't recommend for loose powder anyway!). I don't like the scent, but I don't find it overwhelming either--once you apply the powder, the smell is gone. The puff is fine--I like using one sometimes--but I used a brush to apply this since the color is a little darker than what I usually wear. The color and texture of the powder are good, and it mattifies and "finishes" foundation well. As to lasting power, I did have to blot my face after a few hours, and then re-powder a couple of hours after that.
I did check the ingredients on this, and the list is very long. It also includes some unnecessary ingredients, such as mineral oil, camphor, and menthol that could possibly irritate sensitive skin.
This is a nice basic face powder at a good price. If I weren't trying to go cruelty-free, I would definitely consider buying this in the light shade if I needed powder.

This is a really smelly powder. I wish CG would re-vamp it like they did their other products (keep it the same just take out the smell). I do think though that the smell eventually fades and everything's fine. It's a fantastic setting powder but it still has a pink undertone. I have since switched setting powders (to WNW's finishing veil).