Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/24/2016 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I was looking to switch from MAC loose mineral powder for a long time. Then I found this! I was paying $43 every two months at MAC, and then decided to give this a try since I was running low. What a surprise. I mean, I was blown away! The coverage was incredible, not cakey, and kept a matte finish all day long with no touch ups! It didn't enhance my fine lines, and didn't have an orange tinge to it like years ago when I switched to MAC in the first place. At $7.99, this is now my go to powder.... Save your money, this is professional MAC quality for a fraction of the cost!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Ok, so the first and most important thing you need to know is that this loose powder has a VERY strong scent. It reminds me of the scent of Noxema, but more powdery. I hate the scent of this. I don't even know why a loose powder needs to have scent added. Completely unnecessary. And unwelcome. Even my cat leaves the room when I dust this on with a brush.

I threw away the powder puff "applicator" as soon as I opened the package. Actually, I gave it to my cat to see if he would like to use it as a toy. He turned his nose up at it. Don't even bother with that powder puff because a good quality makeup brush will work much better.

Awful smell and terrible powder puff aside, the powder itself does the trick in terms of providing a nice even finish over liquid foundation makeup. It wears well, the shade is good. Not too pale, not too yellow, not too warm...

So, Cover Girl? You had a good thing going with the finish this powder provides. But could you please lay off the fragrance/scent?

The Scent. Is. Awful. I won't repurchase, but I will probably use it until it runs out because once you get past the awful scent and the pitiful included powder puff applicator, it is actually a decent powder. I'll just hold my nose and try to not to breathe after I apply it with a good quality brush.

on 9/3/2012 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This powder smells like a mixture of baby powder, unidentifiable chemicals, and flowers. In other words, terrible and not worth wearing. It does its job of mattifying, but the smell is just so overpowering that I cannot imagine using all of this product up. The packaging is pretty crappy; the holes that are supposed to control the amount of powder that goes through are just too large. I definitely will not be wearing or buying this again.

on 8/27/2012 12:24:00 PM

This powder is really messy, I'd suggest people to get rid of the puff and use their own one. If you put just the right amount of powder on your face you'll manage to not make it look so cakey.I get annoyed with is when the powder gets on the cover and when you open it all the powder falls out.
The smell is nice though, it seems to me that's the only reason I keep using it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was looking for a basic setting powder for a cheap price and settled on this. I am using translucent medium which works well with my light/medium beige with yellow tone skin color. Im a little annoyed with the strong flowery perfumey old ladyish scent this powder has but it isnt unbearable. It seems to dissipate after awhile. I dust this over my tinted moisturizer or dusted over some lightly applied concealor. Its a nice natural daytime look that just evens out my skin tone. Its a good basic powder. Cheap & works well. Wish they would tone down the scent though. I will probably get this again unless I come across something better for the price which I doubt. (I tossed the rough junky poof it comes with and I use my big soft fluffy the body shop powder/body brush - much better!)

on 3/8/2010 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Just bought my second one.

I have two sets of makeup, one at my home the other at my boyfriends place, and I keep my MAC loose powder @ my house ( and usually the nicer makeup in general )

But, having both, I actually like this stuff better. It takes the shine out of your freshly applied makeup, and sets it. No complaints here, and especially for the price.

Only downside is that the cover on my last one cracked bc it is very thin and cheaply packaged...hey for five bucks I am not complaining.

on 12/16/2009 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This loose powder is awesome. A little bit is all you need to achieve a flawless look. Truly delivers professional result at drugstore price.

before i used this product i used the maybelline version of this, and when i did started using this (because i was on a budget) i loved it! it dosn't make my skin oily or dry! i put it over my foundation and it leaves a smooth finish ALL day its awsome, i've been using it for about 5 years now (since i was 14!) and nothing can compare especially at the price! i hope this stuff never discontinues!! i could never live with out it :P

on 11/11/2006 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I really wanted to like this powder; it's cheap and I can find it anywhere. I rarely break out, and this powder has produced a constellation of zits all over my face (I use a brush, not the puff). I'm pretty dry, so I only use loose powder once in the morning to set my make-up, so this powder would've lasted forever. I will not repurchase, unfortunately.

on 10/12/2005 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have this in translucent fair. It is the palest shade I could find, not QUITE pale enough for me but pretty close. It is also one of the cheapest powders I saw which is why I bought it, I know more expensive doesn't always = better quality. This is a good basic powder. Gets rid of shine good and when put over cream foundation sets a good base for shimmer powder, blush etc. It can be a little thick if you put too much on, so start with a little and work your way up. But in general it's not cakey or thick looking. The container is a little bit of a pain in the ass, you either get too little or too much out but it's ok when you get the hang of it. I do use the puffer that comes with it, it does the job but you can probably find better. I like it a lot and will definatley buy it again.