Lucas' Papaw Ointment

Filtered by skin type : Other
 Lucas' Papaw Ointment
Lucas' Papaw OintmentLucas Paw Paw OintmentLucas' Papaw Ointment

4.7

Ingredients: Carica Papaya 39mg/g (3.9) Fresh Fermented Fruit, Pharmaceutical Grade Petroleum Jelly and Wax, Gum Balsam Peru

on 6/26/2015 9:24:00 PM

This little tube is definitely my ultimate favourite lip balm. My whole life i have used so many balm brands i barely remember their name but i swear i will never forget this. Just a little sad that this sweetie is a local goody, not an outspread trend, which should have been already. But i love it i just love it so much.
At first when i applied it on my lips, it felt like i just ate something greasy and forgot to wipe my mouth, cuz it did feel a lil heavy. But then it started to dry up and didnt feel oily anymore. Just then i realised what it did to my dead-skin-covered lips. My lips felt absolutely moisturised and soft, like they were reborn. The greater thing was that, i just used a teny tiny little amount of the product, like half a drop or so, but it was still enuf to cover my full lips and kept them hydrated all night long. When i woke up, my lips was just like a dream. I saw no dead-skin on them anymore. Omg this is absolutely phenomenal.
I am not so much a fan of using my fingers to apply any kind of lipstick/balm, i always buy a stick, not a tub or a tube, but this got me on its edge and im totally in love with it that i can go at any length for it.
And it is undoubtedly worth the money.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I enjoy this product very much. It has a packaging which is easy to find and works. This is an all purpose product and I love it for the summer. I use it for my lips, rashes, cuts or insect bites. Pros: works well, affordable, good packaging, natural. Cons: feels like Vaseline, odd smell

on 10/13/2012 5:03:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I only just got my hands on this product and I absolutely adore it already. It's very moisturising and stays on my lips for quite a long time. The product also smells heavenly in my opinion (kinda like vanilla pudding). I would prefer if the product came in a "normal" lip balm tube though, not a squeezy one. That way I wouldn't have to use hand sanitizer before I put it on my lips.

on 6/30/2011 6:29:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great lip balm. super moisturizing but not at all greasy. Really natural ingredients which I always think is better than loads of chemicals. It's only slight downfall is that the tube is HUGE and therefore not very handy to carry around but I just decant a little into a pot which solves the problem.
Best lip balm I've ever used, by far. And super inexpensive :)

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using this for years and it is a HG lip treatment for me! Any dryness and any cracking is fixed within days of using this. It also makes an excellent cuticle treatment.

Full ingredient list:

Fermented Fresh PawPaw Fruit, Rhus Succedanea Wax, Glycerine, Petrolatum, Canola Oil, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Beeswax, Corn Starch, Potassium Sorbate (0.1 mg/g).

on 4/10/2010 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I got this in an Aussie swap, so I'm not sure of how costly it normally is but I really like it. I personally use it on my dry, cracked heels and it is the only thing with any lasting power. I apply the Paw Paw ointment first, then put a moisturizer over it. Sometimes I apply only the Paw Paw and put socks over it before going to bed. Definitely works well!

on 4/3/2009 6:31:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I had horribly dry and chapped lips for weeks, until I stumbled onto papaw ointment, which fixed my lips in two days! I carry this stuff with me everywhere I go, and I apply it before I put on my make up.

I wonder if there'll ever be a more lip-friendly packaging - like a lip balm, seeing as many people use it as a lip product. The tube's not bad though - you can also slather the ointment on burns (in case of accidents!)

on 10/13/2007 2:39:00 PM

I know this is a cult product, and always goes down well as a gift for friends. I find it only to be ok, because basically this is a petroleum based product with a little paw paw extract thrown in. I used to use this as I bought a tray load in Australia due to its being cheap & exotic . But honestly, I did not find it to be a wonder cure-all, it was quite good but not great and I refuse to use any petroleum based products anywhere near my person.

Forgot to add that you can get a non petro-chemical version of this in Australia- I just can't remember the name, it's worth searching for if you like the idea of the Lucas but not the ingredients.

Probably the most amazing ointment I have ever come across! I have no idea how many tubs/tubes of this stuff I have been through but I've been using it for years. I only use it for my lips really, have applied religiously every night before bed because otherwise I wake up with sore, cracked lips. A few times I've had people ask what lip gloss I'm wearing and said it looks really nice and all it was was this stuff! Sometimes I also use it on cuticles or any dry skin patches etc. I wouldn't really compare this to vaseline, it seems a bit thicker and doesn't have that smell that vaseline has. I always choose this over the two.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This creme is actually made near where I live, in Australia. Not sure how well stocked it is overseas, but if you can find a jar, buy it! Buy 10! It's actually not just a lip balm. It makes for a good, rich, thick hand moisturiser (much better than shea butter), and can even be used on cuts and rashes. My husband has used it on insect bites and finds they heal faster. It also has a really nice 'fruity' smell and is an absolute bargain. Every girl I know in Australia has a jar or tube stashed away somewhere! An indispensible item.

Popular Lip Treatments