Lucas' Papaw Lucas' Papaw Ointment

Lucas' Papaw Lucas' Papaw Ointment
Lucas' Papaw OintmentLucas' Papaw OintmentLucas Paw Paw OintmentLucas' Papaw OintmentLucas' Papaw Ointment

4.5

Ingredients: Carica Papaya 39mg/g (3.9) Fresh Fermented Fruit, Pharmaceutical Grade Petroleum Jelly and Wax, Gum Balsam Peru

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the most amazing lip product I've ever used!
It repairs and moisturizes my lips like nothing else. I don't have badly peeling and severely destroyed lips but any dryness and flakiness are always gone in a single day. Now I put it on every evening before going to bed and my lips never looked better!
It's non-oily non-sticky. I don't feel it on my lips (I got a fragrance free version in a yellow tube). If I use it during the day my lips look 1.5 times plumper than normal. Sincerely a plumping lip gloss ever gave me such a magnificent result. HG!

on 4/2/2019 10:04:00 PM

Not a fan of it as a lip balm - application is clumsy and the product is to slippery to stay in place or on my lips for long to have effect.

Love it though as a ointment / treatment for everything else - from napppy rash, skin irritation and to help skin healing from cuts and wounds.

I have a large tub at home and several tubes in different bags. Price is reasonable when purchased from australia. It can get a little pricey elsewhere.

on 2/16/2019 6:04:00 PM

Uhm why didnt i discover this magical oinment sooner!!?!
Ive tried every damn lip balm, chapstick, lip conditioner, lip oils under the sun and this is the best feeling n comfort level, price, packaging, ingredients and everything else ive ever tried in my life. I want to buy 5 backups so i have it everywhere i go. In the car, next to my bed, in my office and just tape one on my leg if i have to. I used to love the Mac Lip Conditioner until i tried this. Its emollient but isnt as watery texture as Vaseline. It feels silky and smooth on the lips with no sticky feeling. Feels like nothing on until i rub my lips together, i get a slippery glide feeling. Also, it adds shine but not in a super glossy way. This is so nice and moisturizing/comfortable, also doesnt have an offensive smell, kind of like plastic.... Its so good on cuts and burns also. Its a godsend. Get yourself a tube or 3, thank me later!

Edit- love this as a overnight treatment especially when i am sick and have to breathe through my mouth(sorry tmi) I must add that this doesnt make my lips hydrated that long during the day because i tend to lick my lips, talk and eat a lot so nothing really works. Sometimes it can feel a bit greasy on the lips but its not a big deal.

on 1/29/2019 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I buy this regularly in Australia because I love it and I also post it to my daughter who lives in Canada as she can’t buy it there. I don’t usually post reviews but this is amazing for lips. I heard it contains petroleum jelly and believe me I’ve tried to replace it with other products such as plain paw paw cream and other lip products but nothing else is as good as this. I was travelling through the USA a couple of months ago and ran out so I bought several lip products there but they just weren’t as good as the Lucas Papaw Ointment as they made my lips feel sticky or dry and required constant re-application. It was the first thing I bought when I got home. I can’t understand why the company making this hasn’t sold it internationally. It rocks! If you haven’t used this you are missing out as it’s the best lip moisturiser available anywhere.

on 1/6/2019 11:44:00 PM

Got this in the more hygienic 25g tube during a recent trip to Australia.
It's my second tube. The first was got also in Australia years ago.

I see this as 'slightly medicated Vaseline'.
It smells fruity and rather pleasant. My tube came sealed which is great to protect the product.

Currently using Papaw oilment to treat an open wound on my face from too zealous pimple popping.
Papaw oilment is largely composed of petroleum jelly and I read that petroleum jelly could be used to seal the surface of wounds so that the wound is kept moist and heals on its own. Keeping the wound moist also prevents the formation of scabs that are the precursors of scars. First time using Papaw for wounds. Hopefully it works and I don't get a scar from pimple popping.

Upon application of Papaw oilment on the fresh wound, the previous tingling pain from the wound stops. After 1 night of use (and covered with Papaw oilment infused plaster), I don't see scabs being formed yet and the wound looks less raw.

Hopefully this works. I have too many scars over the years from pimple popping on sensitive skin.

Regular Vaseline petroleum jelly might work too to seal the wound.
However, I'm going for Papaw oilment since it is advertised to contain pharmaceutical grade petroleum jelly, and I'm using it on my face.

on 12/11/2018 4:55:00 PM

Fantastic!The most moisturizing lip balm I have ever tried!Its longevity on the lips is also really good.

on 11/27/2018 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love Lucas' Pawpaw Ointment, I use it on practically everything. It works fantastically to soothe skin that's irritated from using Tretinoin cream. It stops the burning that occurs around my nose and the outer corners of my eyes pretty much immediately. I'm so glad I found this multi-tasking product and highly recommend it to everyone!

on 11/4/2018 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Love it!

on 9/17/2018 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm writing this review for the product in a 200g tub, and so I realize that my usual annoyance at products in tubs is 100% my own fault in this case, but I like having a lot of this stuff on hand!

I have a lot of issues finding lip balms/products/chapsticks that I like. Either I need to reapply them every ten minutes, or they just sort of make my hair stick to my mouth without doing much. This product has been a life saver! I can put a layer on along with the rest of my nightly skincare regime, and not need to reapply any kind of moisturizing lip product until the next night! It has a pleasant texture, a kind of browish/orange color that doesn't show when you're putting it on, and while it does leave a nice sheen, this is not a lip gloss. To mitigate my hatred of tub products, I usually apply this with a Q-tip. I've also applied it to my cuticles when they were looking worse for wear, little scabs/scars/burns (no open wounds, though, obviously), and on my elbows. It works just about everywhere!

on 9/10/2018 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I used this over shallow cuts and as a lip balm. It helps keep my lips from drying out especially in winter. It kind of just feels like nicely scented vaseline, but I think it's cute packaging and I like how easy it is to squeeze and apply.