Lucas' Papaw Ointment

Filtered by age: 19-24
 Lucas' Papaw Ointment
Lucas' Papaw OintmentLucas Paw Paw OintmentLucas' Papaw Ointment

4.6

Ingredients: Carica Papaya 39mg/g (3.9) Fresh Fermented Fruit, Pharmaceutical Grade Petroleum Jelly and Wax, Gum Balsam Peru

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This has become the only lip balm my lips will tolerate. I recently tried the Nivea Hydro Care and even the Nuxe Reve De Miel, and both of them had my lips peeling within a couple of days. I switch back to this and they're soft and smooth again in no time. It's witchcraft in a tube. And it now owns my ass so I will obviously be repurchasing for the rest of my life.

on 10/8/2017 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The best lip balm ive ever tried to date. Holy grail to my super dry slash chapped lips.

on 7/12/2017 7:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

An organic alternative to Petroleum Jelly for sensitive minds. If you don't like Vaseline, don't use this product as the texture is almost identical.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

hi,
im 100% sure that the ingredients stated are wrong.
where did the list of ingredients come from?

on 6/28/2017 7:47:00 PM

I admit that till today I'm extremely confused as to what I'm really supposed to be using this for. My cousin introduced it to me a couple of years ago. When I finally decided to get my hands on the smallest squeeze tube available, the first thing I tried was apply it to a small cut. After that, I tried it on my lips.

Seems quite like regular petroleum jelly or Vaseline to me, perhaps a little bit thicker and has a slight citrusy-scent (papaya, to be precise). Like how I use Vaseline, it does help soothe burns and cracked skin and if I had to choose between the two, they're both pretty much equal as I have no preference , and would use whichever is available at the time.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I tried this product as it was raved about on several sites like Into The Gloss. Hydrates and gives good results but Aquaphor does the same at a lower price point.

What concerns me is that the ointment contains Myroxylon perieire (MP), a relatively common allergen typically found in perfumes. It's also caused cheilitis and perioral dermatitis in a few people.

I'd recommend sticking to Aquaphor instead!

on 12/28/2016 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have 3 big tubs of this. I like this because i can use it everywhere & anywhere. I like it because it moisturizers my lips and doesn't leave a white film on. I like this to moisturize my elbows and knees & feet. Also for my cuts, mosquito bites and rashes. It really works. Its sticky though but it will dry off quickly.

on 11/27/2016 11:36:00 PM

This stuff is the beez kneez, the ducks nuts and the cats pajamas. I think I've gone through about 3 tubes of this in the last 2 months. I use it for EVERYTHING. Allow me to elaborate:

-cuts
-chaffing
-bites
-dry lips,
-cold sores
-before I fake tan
-as lube (sorry just being honest)
-on my cat when he gets sores
-burns
-under my eyes when I have bags (not too much though, that might break you out)
-before & after shaving
-on rashes

The tube is a great travel size & I feel like every lady should have some of this stuff with them at all times. It has so many great uses & truly cures everything :)

on 8/7/2016 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a really great lip balm at a very affordable price and it's become one of those rare staple products for me that end up accumulating in multiple tubes in each of my purses. As someone with very dry lips, I've found that most lip balms are really just a temporary salve (pun absolutely intended), good at providing a bit of temporary lubrication but often leaving my lips more dried out in the long-term. Lucas Papaw is different - with sustained use, it actually improves the condition of your lips. So no only is it moisturising but it's also nourishing. Plus there's the fact that it's not a fussy product nor is it crazy expensive - not everything has to be luxe, you know? Especially not lip balm.

Aesthetically, this product is also a win. It has a really beautiful finish to it. I'm not a lip gloss person but this is the perfect non gloss gloss. It makes your lips look full, pouty and slightly swollen in a post-makeout session way. It's also a great pre-lipstick primer (just slick it on while you're doing your skincare routine and voila, perfectly moisturised lips ten minutes later).

One caveat - this can potentially clog up the pores around the mouth because it is a very thick, emollient balm. Personally, it's not a problem for me and I don't find it unpleasant or overly greasy in texture. But if your skin is easily congested around that area, be mindful about not rubbing your hands around your mouth and spreading it all over your chin and upper lip area.

Bottom line : what are you waiting for....go out and buy this product! It comes in a tub, a large squeeze tube and a smaller squeeze tube with a slanted horizontal applicator. The latter is my preferred version as the applicator is super convenient and eliminates the need to get your fingers greasy.

One last thing - be aware that the formula contains petroleum jelly as well as the fermented papaw fruit so it's not totally organic if that's something you really care about. Personally, I think it's worthwhile noting that petroleum jelly is unmatched as an occlusive (i.e it acts as a barrier, sealing in moisture and protecting your skin from the elements). If you have chapped lips, it's essential to use a balm which is occlusive and not just hydrating/emollient. Petroleum jelly works perfectly for that purpose so I have zero issues with its inclusion as an ingredient.

on 4/4/2016 7:47:00 AM

This is the best lip ointment I've used, it's cheap, it lasts forever and is multi-purpose. So its honestly one of my favourite products. I have a large tub of it in my bathroom (I keep this mostly for medical purposes) but I have one of the small tubes in my handbag. I do prefer the tube with the direct applicator as I prefer lip balms where I don't need to use my fingers. On the rare occasion where I run out (or the more common occurrence where I lose it) I always repurchase, I've tried others but always end up back with this one.

Top Rated Lip Treatments