Nina Ricci L'Air du Temps

Nina Ricci L'Air du Temps

3.5

on 11/24/2009 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using this dreamy floral for years. I switch to different perfumes but always come back.
I recently emptied a bottle and bought a new bottle of L'Air du Temps.
It smells like something is missing. There was the faint carnation, but all that I remember is gone.
It is not a bad perfume at all. I would rate it okay and inoffensive, but not great anymore.

on 4/26/2009 9:14:00 AM

On me, this fragrance just smells like some sort of strong, pungent soap that also emitts a faint carnation scent....

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Again with the 'old lady' comments... I can't wait 'til the day I read reviews like "ugh, smells like cupcakes and reminds me of nursing homes". Don't worry, it won't be too long. Can't people just say that they simply don't like something without all the drama? I digress. .

This fragrance was created in 1948 at the behest of Nina Ricci's son Robert by Francis Fabron. This bright and fresh fragrance was specifically conceived for YOUNG women to be a contrast to the heavy and heady fragrances of that era. The name of this exquisitely feminine and young-at-heart fragrance is just as romantic as fragrance itself. L'air du temps is a French figurative expression that means 'the feeling, mood, and spirit of the time', and the phrase also is a play on words because l'air 'literally' means air, and it all ties in to fragrance.... I first wore this beauty when I turned 18. My beautiful neighbor was a young woman in 1948 and when she gave me a bottle, she had been already wearing L'Air du Temps for 40 years! It's a bright, uplifting floral that smells 'real'. It never turns into sour 'department store fragrance exhaust fumes' no matter how many hours pass since I first spritzed it on. Whenever I wear it I feel young, feminine, graceful, and just plain happy to be alive. I think it is because it has a melancholic quality, just like me. When I wear this fragrance, I want to wear soft fabrics, put my hair up and put on some lipstick. I even carry myself differently -more like a lady, when I wear it.

on 10/13/2005 11:55:00 AM

I first wore this fragrance when I was a teen-age girl, flush with romantic fantasies about what my future as a woman would hold. Twenty-some years later, I tried it on again when I received a sample in the mail. It was sweet and powdery and not at all "me" anymore. But it was fun to reconnect with my younger self for a while and daydream ...