La Roche-Posay Effaclar A.I.

Filtered by age: 30-35
La Roche-Posay Effaclar A.I.

3.3

AQUA / WATER CYCLOHEXASILOXANE ISONONYL ISONONANOATE PROPYLENE GLYCOL ISOHEXADECANE NIACINAMIDE PEG-100 STEARATE GLYCERYL STEARATE CETYL ALCOHOL ARGILLA / MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE CARBOMER SODIUM HYDROXIDE CAPRYLOYL GLYCINE CAPRYLOYL SALICYLIC ACID CITRIC ACID XANTHAN GUM ACRYLATES COPOLYMER SALICYLIC ACID IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE CHLORHEXIDINE DIGLUCONATE PIROCTONE OLAMINE PARFUM / FRAGRANCE Last update : 09/2009

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is an okay product. Im a huge fan of la roche posay brand. Applying this before the effaclar duo plus. I find that on little bumps or regular size of acnes,it will dry 1-2 days. But if you have large and red acnes then it will take longer than the usual to dry. Im still having dark spots depending on what type of acne im having. I apply this twice a day. I still love to put this on even though its not an overnight miracle worker since i can see the difference when i dont apply this. Would still recommend this though but i will also reiterate to use the french formula than the us formula.

If you have some pimples here and there this works ok. It you have persistent pimples, this may not work that well unless you apply it a few times a day.this should have. 2 percent salycilic acid and it would work better

I have a huge acne spot near my temple, it was very red with big whiteheads and bumps under the surface. This little tube cleared it all! now I only have some scars left but i know they Will disappear with time. i love this little miracle worker.

I think this is a very good product for local treatment. I find it works very well in treating acne.
However, you should keep in mind that it does not do much for severe acne problems. I had significant problems with adult acne and treated it with dermatologist prescription lotions for about 2 years until it stabilized. During that period, I did not notice any significant effect of this product, but nowadays, when I am in the "maintenance" phase with occasional break-outs, this is very efficient for faster healing. It is also helpful when you cannot restrain yourself from picking on some black/whiteheads, as it calms the area and helps you not make things worse.
The only negative thing I can say about this product is about the packaging: I find that when the product is almost full, it dispenses more that you need, so it supports waiste; however, as you only need the tiniest bit, you still need a very long time until you use it up.

on 9/7/2014 3:32:00 AM

I'm a fan of most of the Effaclar range, but not of this. I find if you put it on a spot it doesn't let the spot come to a head. Instead I'm left with a huge lump under my skin that no matter how much I squeeze, it won't pop (sorry for being gross). This lump then remains there for ages. I'm actually afraid to use it on spots now as iv been left with a good few boil type spots from it. I know popping spots can leave scars but I find once they pop they die down and go away. I'd rather that then have these 'dead' lumps under my skin.
Effaclar duo plus is great though.

on 1/12/2014 5:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have been very please with this purchase. It is highly concentrated- a little goes a long way. I purchased it for bumps and blackheads i can feel but cannot see or remove myself. I also have a blocked pore on my cheek that has been there for ages but i can never seem to get a facialist that can remove it or do anything with it really without recommending that i use hard chemical peels or micro--BUT! This product has visibly reduced all spots/bumps in just four days and i have been dabbing the residue on my nose and it has been keeping blackheads at bay.

It just affirms for me that the French know what they are doing when it comes to skincare and that LRP is a great line for most skin ailments! Enjoy!

on 9/25/2011 4:20:00 AM

I got this as a sample, something which I'm thankful for now considering that I got the same bad reaction as someone described here below. I can have sensitive skin at times but it tolerates AHAs and is generally clear. I however tried this product on some stubborn small pimples on my neck and one of my cheeks. The first night I applied it the pimples actuallly looked a bit smaller the morning after. But when I tried it the second night it gave me a very red rash both on my neck and on my cheek. So ladies, just beware, if you don't have major acne problems to begin with maybe it's not worth the risk of getting rashes instead ...

on 8/20/2010 11:23:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This product gave me a bad rash in the spots where I applied it. Be careful if you have a sensitive skin because this product contains benzoyl peroxide.

on 12/6/2008 12:44:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This product doesn't seem to do what it promises. It did nothing for my acne. Absolutely nothing! I am really dissapointed of this product.

on 6/15/2005 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Love this!!! when i first put it on i was put off by the fact that it felt like a face lotion not a zit zapper. i'm so used to zit treatments being tingly and a little (or a lot!) drying. it works amazingly for me. no scars, no scaling and no scabs! perfect under my makeup as well.**UPDATE**2-Aug-05 : Not sure I like this anymore...worked brilliant in the beginning till my stubborn hormonal breakouts started. It helps with pain and swelling really quick, and the zits do shrink but then they kinda hang out on my face! Not ripening, not painful...just...there. For days and days! I'll stick to my DDF Sulphur mask to spot treat these.

Popular Face Skincare Products