La Roche-Posay Effaclar A.I.

La Roche-Posay Effaclar A.I.

3.7

AQUA / WATER CYCLOHEXASILOXANE ISONONYL ISONONANOATE PROPYLENE GLYCOL ISOHEXADECANE NIACINAMIDE PEG-100 STEARATE GLYCERYL STEARATE CETYL ALCOHOL ARGILLA / MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE CARBOMER SODIUM HYDROXIDE CAPRYLOYL GLYCINE CAPRYLOYL SALICYLIC ACID CITRIC ACID XANTHAN GUM ACRYLATES COPOLYMER SALICYLIC ACID IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE CHLORHEXIDINE DIGLUCONATE PIROCTONE OLAMINE PARFUM / FRAGRANCE Last update : 09/2009

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is an okay product. Im a huge fan of la roche posay brand. Applying this before the effaclar duo plus. I find that on little bumps or regular size of acnes,it will dry 1-2 days. But if you have large and red acnes then it will take longer than the usual to dry. Im still having dark spots depending on what type of acne im having. I apply this twice a day. I still love to put this on even though its not an overnight miracle worker since i can see the difference when i dont apply this. Would still recommend this though but i will also reiterate to use the french formula than the us formula.

Horrible! Turned the pimple into a hard mass deep under my skin, and left a very bad scar ... First time ever i have hd this kind of mess ... Tossed it into dumpster after first use. Avoid this, get the normal effaclar duo which is a wonderful product.

on 9/6/2015 3:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This little thing is good! I use it when I feel that there is a small pimple forming. I put one big dollop of this all over my small skin bumps (white heads? soon-to-be pimples?) and leave it overnight. You will feel a "tingle" using it this way, but it's a good "tingle".
This usually reduces the small under-the-skin-bumps overnight or 2. For bigger skin bumps, this will make the pimple have a "head" which I can properly prick and cover with a hydrocolloid dressing. If the bump is still present in the morning, I will use a thin layer of this under my sunblock, and over my serum.

Packaging is perfect! Consistency is great, and it smells good. Love this!

(I'm not sure if there is a US version of this--like the Duo, but I bought mine from someone who lives in Europe)

P.S.
I am still using Acne.org's Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide) for maintenance. I use A.I. just to spot-treat small bumps and pimples. On the days where I use BP at night (M-W-F) I use A.I. on top of BP, after waiting for the BP to dry (15 mins) Stings a little but, pretty good acne-fighting combo overall.

on 6/23/2015 7:32:00 AM

Amazing product! The only Benzoyl Peroxide product that is effective without drying out and irritating my skin. Works like a miracle stopping breakouts in their tracks. I've seen results after just one use and have already gone through 10 tubes!

The only thing i wish is that they made it in bigger tubes.

A bit pricey but worth every penny

If you have some pimples here and there this works ok. It you have persistent pimples, this may not work that well unless you apply it a few times a day.this should have. 2 percent salycilic acid and it would work better

on 12/16/2015 7:35:00 PM

At first, I thought this product works wonders! Huge pimples dissapeared literally over night after I put this cream on - but the euphoria didn't last long. I realized that on every spot where I put this cream on, there was a big lump. And, in fact - I have those for a few months now and every now and then I try to squeeze them - but just a little bit comes out and it still doesn't dissapear. :( I'm actually pretty sad about it.

on 12/13/2014 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this product, especially because I can use it under make up without any negative consequences. At times, my skin is acne prone and this product really helps to avoid the awkward stages of a pimple growing into a huge mass. I think the fact that this product rubs into the skin and essentially disappears helps to seal the product into the affected area.

I don't use this product too much, as it's expensive, but my skin also goes through long phases of being really clear. I think this product really helps for breakouts that are a couple of pimples deep. When I get spots, I can usually just leave them alone and they'll clear up. I have a suspicion that this product actually helped my face clear up and since using this product intensively, I've had clear skin for the last few months.

My mother and sister both use La Roche Posay's skin care lines and my mom especially loves it for her older and very oily skin. My sister has sensitive skin and she likes Effaclar Duo rather than this one. I've tried both, and both have worked on me, though I like Effaclar A.I. better because it rubs into my skin and feels more creamy to me.

I think the difference in opinion may have to do with the types of skin that people have. This product works well for me but I only have occasional break-outs. When I do, I have them for a couple of weeks at a time and then my skin calms down again. I use this product under my make up religiously while I have breakouts, since I think the barrier between the pimples and make up help to give any breakouts time to heal and also protect them from bacteria.

I can't say how this works for oily skin, but my mother and sister both like Effaclar Duo better than this, and they have oily and sensitive skin. If you can get a sample, try that before purchasing. If not, then do some research and see if either product might make your skin more sensitive. I like products with salicylic acid, and this product has it. That might also be something to take into account. If salicylic acid works for your skin, then chances are, this will too.

I have a huge acne spot near my temple, it was very red with big whiteheads and bumps under the surface. This little tube cleared it all! now I only have some scars left but i know they Will disappear with time. i love this little miracle worker.

From effaclar range this is the worst, it doesn't do anything to my spots. Waste of money

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Amazingly effective. Never tried anything better.

Popular Face Skincare Products