Kiss My Face Face Factor Face + Neck SPF30

Kiss My Face Face Factor Face + Neck SPF30

3.9

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.50% Zinc Oxide 3.00% Octisalate 3.00% Other ingredients: Aqua, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Glycerin, Acrylates Copolymer, Polysorbate-20, Stearyl Alcohol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower Oil) Seed Oil, Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Oleosomes, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cetyl Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, a-Lipoic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid), Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Glycrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin-C), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin-E), Sodium Hydroxide, Linoleic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The only sunscreen that doesn't break me out! It's super light weight and easy to blend in. However, it may feel a little bit sticky. I don't mind though, my makeup still goes on nicely. No parabens, no oxybenzone (chemical that penetrates the skin, disrupting the hormone system. It is common in sunscreens so look out for this ingredient), fragrence-free, no animal ingredients or testing, and is loaded with antioxidants (fights aging). If you're looking for a face sunscreen, give this a try!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this. It was perfect in almost every way. The texture was very light, so easy to apply and blend in. It didn't leave any kind of white cast, or cause physical irritation. Unfortunately, after about a week, I developed several milia. I waited a month, tried it again, and sure enough, more milia appeared. Definitely won't repurchase, although I wish I could.

To Read all 80 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is a great SPF moisturizer for summertime on my dry skin.
It is rich with beneficial ingredients and never once burned my sensitive skin not eve around the extra sensitive eye area. It never caused break outs for me or my sons who are both acne-prone and sensitive. It is rich with skin beneficial ingredients such as antioxidants. These help the skin repair itself while also boosting up protection when paired with an SPF!
I like to refer to these ingredients as a little army for my skin whose sole purpose is to protect and repair LOL.
Another big plus is that it wears beautifully under powder and liquid foundations.
It comes in a tube and not a jar which is big deal for that little army of beneficial ingredients housed in it. The packaging allows the product to remain stable and continue working throughout its expected life time.
HIGHLY recommend this one.
During cold months I need more moisture than what this offers and for that I use Alba Botanica Extra Emollient moisturizer which is just as good as this one but more emollient like the name implies.

on 7/28/2015 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The ingredients in this are almost identical to the Kiss My Face Face 3-in-1 Sensitive Side SPF30 (aka Oat Protein SPF 30) Sunscreen (4oz)... except you get half as much product with the Face + Neck Factor (2oz). The only real difference I see is the "face" one has Glyceryl Stearate SE and the other one instead has Stearic Acid. Glyceryl Stearate SE has a higher comedogenic rating (3) than Stearic Acid (2) and I have found personally that I do seem to break out from products with Glyceryl Stearate SE. I have both, I bought them thinking one was for face and one was for the body but then I noticed how the ingredients are almost identical! The face version did not give me full-on breakouts but I would always stop using it after 1 or 2 days because I felt like my pores were starting to become clogged. I am going to try this one now hoping that the exclusion of Glyceryl Stearate SE might make this one less likely to clog my pores or cause breakouts. Both have a very nice smooth texture and are very hydrating as they claim, with no white cast. Funny that I may have to use up the "face" one on my body and I'm hoping maybe the "body" one will work on my face! Lately I am using MD Solar Sciences tinted SPF30 which is great but not really moisturizing (more of a silicone primer texture but doesn't provide much actual moisture). I prefer to have one moisturizer for daytime, not a separate moisturizer + sunscreen, so I hope this Kiss My Face one works out for me because it feels great as a moisturizer and also has broad spectrum SPF.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Talk about products not agreeing with your skin. This one offered me zero sun protection and I wasn't really in the sun! I got a red nose from just minimal exposure from driving and then sitting under an umbrella with a gigantic hat on. I tried this more then once and each time I broke out on my cheeks with red pimples and just aggravated skin - all red and blotchy. My skin isn't super sensitive either - I use Coopertone Sport in the blue bottle on my face and it's perfect, Protects and my skin looks great that I often go without makeup when I use it. Who would have thought cheap, chemical, body sunscreen would work and something more dedicated and supposedly gentle for face would not?? Anyways, this came highly reviewed on different sites, including this one but this just didn't work for me.

on 5/9/2015 1:27:00 AM

Cant really tell you how it works. Just jnow that it breaks me out. Red bumps and cystic acne. Terrible. Its really thick smd have to use a lot to spread it around. Why is it so hsrd finding a safe sunblock that wont break a person out?!

on 2/28/2015 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I've been using this as my daily facial sunscreen since the Neutrogena liquid I'd used for years started breaking me out. So, about a year and a half.

Love it. After using chemical sunscreens for years I was really skeptical and thought that a physical sunscreen would be shiny and irritating. And almost every beach-type sunscreen I've used on my face stings when I put it on. This sunscreen though: it applies like a moisturizer, does not smell at all, leaves no white cast, absorbs quickly, dries fast and leaves a not-quite-matte, rather satiny, finish. I can sometimes get away with using it as a moisturizer in really hot humid summer weather. I haven't used the 50 yet but I will try it soon.

You get a lot of product for the price and the packaging is just fine. I will repurchase forever.

on 2/3/2015 2:03:00 PM

This review is for the latest formulation, packaged in the orange squeeze tube, purchased Jan 2015.

HG for me. I wanted a mineral-based, natural sunscreen, but every mineral sunblock I tried clogged my pores, caused irritation or dryness. And I tried them all! This one is partly mineral, partly chemical but the formulation is packed with gentle, nourishing ingredients, so I decided to give it a go and my skin has been looking even better after a week's use. I have dehydrated/combination skin that is breakout-prone.

PROs:
This stuff is chock-full of humectants and skin-soothing ingredients such as aloe, green tea, cucumber, hyaluronic acid, glycerine and acetyl hexapeptide 8 (the first inactive ingredient sounds scary but is a harmless, water-binding agent- it's said to plump up fine lines and wrinkles, although I'd take that with a grain of salt)
It's also got one of my favorite ingredients for skin-brightening and evening out skin tone- licorice root extract
THIS ONE IS INTERESTING.. it contains linoleic acid.. I'm not sure why and I haven't seen it on many ingredients lists. BUT, this may be good for acne-prone skin, as blemished skin is found to be lacking in this particular fatty acid. It certainly hasn't done my breakout-prone skin any harm.
It's nice slip (there is a little dimethicone in there) makes this suitable for use under makeup

CONs (but are they really?):
There is a slight white cast - it mostly rubs away and I think as it sinks in, the rest of the white cast melts away, but I have fair skin.. if you are dark, just test this on the back of your hand at the store.
There's definitely a sunblock smell. I feel like it goes away quickly sometimes, and sometimes it lingers.
May or may not be suitable for oily skin. I think it is definitely worth a shot, though - although a very hydrating product, it's not really that rich. I believe with this list of ingredients, this could help to balance out both oily and dry skin types.

HG! *happy dance*

I have been searching for a relatively inexpensive non-tinted daily sunscreen/moisturiser for a few years and tried the basics from Neutrogena to Olay to Yes to Carrots. The chemical components in all of those burned my eyes, especially when sweating during workouts. Tried this based on Paula's recommendation and voila!

* reasonable price
* handy tube packaging
* no fragrance or heavy sunscreen odor
* sinks in well
* plays well with other serums, creams, and makeup - no pilling or rolling off!
* no burning eyes
* 30 spf + antioxidants

Will always pick up a few tubes of this whenever I hit the states. Please never discontinue this!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Finally, I've found my HG facial sunscreen. I am a very fair person and it was really important to me to find a good sunscreen for my face. I had tried ThinkSport, Neutrogena, and countless others. They either irritated my skin or were way too greasy for everyday use.
This one is perfect. It rubs in very easily and doesn't leave a whitecast (although I'm so pale that it really wouldn't be a problem, lol). There's a slight typical sunscreen-y smell but it quickly fades away. My face is a little shiny after I put this on but it's nowhere near as bad as other sunscreens, and I find that the shininess eventually fades away. It also makes my face feel so nice and smooth which I love. I haven't experienced any breakouts from this product.
It's a little pricey for how much you're getting. The tube isn't that big, but I bought it for around $9 on Amazon so it's definitely affordable at least.
Anyways, this is definitely my HG. I will definitely keep on repurchasing.

UPDATE 1-11-15: Still my HG face sunscreen. :) I really do feel like it helps to protect my skin and I love how moisturizing it is. It's very easy to rub in and spreads really well. Sometimes in the morning I just skip my usual facial moisturizer and put this on instead.

UPDATE 5-26-15: So I've been doing more research on sunscreen throughout these past few months and I'm sad to say I've stopped using this. I'm a very pale person and this doesn't have the amount of protection that I would need. I really liked it because it was moisturizing and easy to wear everyday. I would maybe recommend this for someone with darker skin who doesn't need as much protection, but unfortunately I've stopped using it and have checked out some Neutrogena sunscreens instead.