Kiss My Face Face Factor Face + Neck SPF30

Kiss My Face Face Factor Face + Neck SPF30
Face Factor Face + Neck SPF30Face Factor Face + Neck SPF30

3.9

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.50% Zinc Oxide 3.00% Octisalate 3.00% Other ingredients: Aqua, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Glycerin, Acrylates Copolymer, Polysorbate-20, Stearyl Alcohol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower Oil) Seed Oil, Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Oleosomes, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cetyl Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, a-Lipoic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid), Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Glycrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin-C), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin-E), Sodium Hydroxide, Linoleic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm not sure which ingredient trigger this reaction, but my face swells within 15 minutes after I apply it. I've tried it twice, two days in the row and the second day is significantly worse than the first one.
My cheeks are getting puffy, my face is getting rounder, my eyelids become hooded and go over my eyes, my throat gets swollen. What is in there?
After studying the ingredient list and what can potentially trigger swelling and asthma-like symptoms I'm nearly positive that I've reacted to licorice extract.
Otherwise, it's very pleasant to apply, keep skin moisturized, no white cast, but it does stay sticky for as long as it's on.

on 1/30/2018 11:10:00 PM

Been using year round as my daily moisturizer for about 3 years. I supplement with another moisturizer underneath in winter. Doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin or clog my pores. Can feel slightly heavy to me in summer sometimes.

on 1/30/2018 10:54:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

A couple of years ago I realized that my SPF 15 tinted moisturizer just wasn't going to cut it in the blistering Texas sun, and while looking for products to step up my sun care game I found this gem. This is the first sunscreen I have used religiously, every day. It is the first thing that I put on my face after showering in the morning and it applies very easily. It is slightly moisturizing in its own right and doesn't seem to clog my pores or irritate my skin. I am such a fan of this product that I have it on my Subscribe & Save list on Amazon. Highly recommended.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Great ingredients, affordable, easily available etc. but it broke out my sensitive, combination and clog prone skin. It smelled kind of funny too. My skin is very, VERY clog prone, practically everything breaks me out big time so this might be just me.

on 4/25/2017 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Note: when i went to repurchase, i could not find this exact product. The new one has oats in it.
_______
I have combo skin, dry patches on the cheeks, NC 30-35, olive, yellow undertones and am prone to hives and milia. This doesn't cause a white cast and lies flat under make up. I used to dislike layering too many products on my face, so I tend to use used tinted Roche Posey which gives me some additional color in the summer. When I do use this, I remember how much I like it. It's a rich but light, somewhat fluffy textured cream that sinks in. It requires less work to apply than p my big tube of untinted Roche posey that I use for face and body. And, it's less expensive. It does smell faintly of sunscreen which I don't mind, but that dissipates. It's moisturizing. I haven't yet found a sunscreen that is great on my oiler T zone and dry patches, so I just make sure to clean off well and exfoliate (put glycolic or BHA on alternate nights or when necessary). I like elejean's review below. And, now that I have read mooshisushi's review re milia, I will keep an eye on those issues, but more as a precaution. I have repurchased this more than once. Sometimes I mix with darker shades in my Cinema secrets foundation palette 3 (olive skin) for a DIY BB cream (got the idea from another member here).

on 4/15/2017 7:55:00 AM

This is my HG sunscreen, one of the best natural facial sunscreens out there for sensitive skin. It is non greasy and is free of all nasties including parabens, colour and perfume, plus it is also full of skin caring ingredients. My only problem with it is because I have such dry skin, I do sometimes have to wear hydrating serum underneath, but for most this should be okay as this product does contain Hyaluronic Acid for moisturising (another plus point). I would highly recommend anyone with sensitive skin to give this a go, a bit pricey but well worth it (please note this review is for the SPF30 version only, I believe the higher factor version has additional ingredients not suitable for sensitive skin)

on 9/5/2016 6:47:00 PM

This is my favorite cruelty-free facial sunscreen. I have slightly dry, light skin that freckles easily, and I use it year-round. It's a lotion that goes on a wee bit thicker than I prefer (I love the milky texture of Shiseido's lotions, but they are too expensive to purchase regularly and not cruelty-free), but blends in nicely, and although it contains physical sunscreens, does not leave a white cast on the skin. The finish is probably best described as "satin," and it wears wonderfully under makeup. In all the years I've used this, I have not had an issue with pilling, tackiness, breakouts, or sunburns, and I can honestly say that, with consistent use, my freckles appear to have lightened.

The only drawback I can point to is that, despite the emollient oils and glycerin, this is not moisturizing enough for those of us with drier skin. I find that I have to apply a layer of Cerave PM first, or I'll notice a little bit of tightness and peeling within a few hours.

Still, Face Factor Face + Neck SPF 30 is a real bargain. It contains an array of peptides, beneficial fatty acids, antioxidants, and skin-soothing licorice and cucumber, making it a real steal, even at $13 for 2 oz., considering that most similarly-formulated facial sunscreens cost two to three times as much (at least), for less product. However, if you'd like to save a buck where you can, their website frequently has sales -- when they go for 40% off at the end of summer, I stock up for the coming year.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The only sunscreen that doesn't break me out! It's super light weight and easy to blend in. However, it may feel a little bit sticky. I don't mind though, my makeup still goes on nicely. No parabens, no oxybenzone (chemical that penetrates the skin, disrupting the hormone system. It is common in sunscreens so look out for this ingredient), fragrence-free, no animal ingredients or testing, and is loaded with antioxidants (fights aging). If you're looking for a face sunscreen, give this a try!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this. It was perfect in almost every way. The texture was very light, so easy to apply and blend in. It didn't leave any kind of white cast, or cause physical irritation. Unfortunately, after about a week, I developed several milia. I waited a month, tried it again, and sure enough, more milia appeared. Definitely won't repurchase, although I wish I could.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a great SPF moisturizer for summertime on my dry skin.
It is rich with beneficial ingredients and never once burned my sensitive skin not eve around the extra sensitive eye area. It never caused break outs for me or my sons who are both acne-prone and sensitive. It is rich with skin beneficial ingredients such as antioxidants. These help the skin repair itself while also boosting up protection when paired with an SPF!
I like to refer to these ingredients as a little army for my skin whose sole purpose is to protect and repair LOL.
Another big plus is that it wears beautifully under powder and liquid foundations.
It comes in a tube and not a jar which is big deal for that little army of beneficial ingredients housed in it. The packaging allows the product to remain stable and continue working throughout its expected life time.
HIGHLY recommend this one.
During cold months I need more moisture than what this offers and for that I use Alba Botanica Extra Emollient moisturizer which is just as good as this one but more emollient like the name implies.