BeneFit Cosmetics Kitten Goes to New York

BeneFit Cosmetics Kitten Goes to New York

3.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I hate to say this because the cause is so good, but I was not happy with this powder. I have always wanted to try the Kitten powders but didnt want to spend the $, but since the cause was so worth it, I finally purchased it. It is a black puff with the powder inside that has copper sparkles and a light fragrance. It is barely noticeable, both the shimmer and the scent. I feel like it is totally useless. The cardboard container is cute but I dont use this at all. And if I do use it I put another more shimmery powder on over it. I would not purchase any of the Kitten powders again. Not worth the money, except in this case!

I hate to argue sorry!

But I have to say I LOVE Kitten. It gives just the right amount of light shimmer. Most products make me look like a light bulb or the glitter is just to chunky looking.

This is the one product that I have just the right consistncy of shimmer.

It also lasts FOREVER I orginally bought the first kitten and was afraid I would run out of it and so I bought another box. I still haven't gone through the first one.

My only complaint? The shimmer could last LONGER. And yes it is expensive.

Just my 2cents

on 12/7/2001 6:07:00 PM

This is as cute as the other Kitten powders. The puff leaves behind a bronzey pink shimmery powder on my skin. Pricey, but worth it. BeneFit has the cutest packaging.

on 6/8/2002 7:09:00 PM

Very Cute Novelty item. I bought this since all the proceeds went to the 9/11 relief funds. Very cute and adorable, but not necessarily a Must Have. The glitter seems to fall off almost immediantly after application, but the powder has a very nice smell. Most of the time, I forget I have this.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

So cute! The package is adorable, and the glitter is very pretty and subtle. It's true that it's very hard to tell how much is left, and it is expensive, so I probably won't buy it again, but I'm glad I tried it.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I prefer these to Urban Decay shimmer powders because the puff is big and the shimmer only comes off of the puff not outof the box. I also liek the boxes a lot. THe one thing that brings this (and the rest of the Kitten Shimmers) down is the fragrance. It's very light, but the smell just irritates me sometimes because it's kind of musky.

on 4/21/2003 7:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Firstly, i hate anything packaged in cardboard but I had to try these. I have this both in Paris and New York. Paris is a lilac shimmer which is gorgeous, new york is a pink copper shimmer, also very gorgeous but does not show very well on darker skin tones. I did not detect a strong odour (which is good because it cannot compete with your perfume)...the puff is cute, true. But for what this is, the price (i think $26USD) is absolutely uncalled for. This is the most overpriced product i own (and that's saying a LOT).
I got them on Ebay for less than half price, thankfully. Also worth a mention, I find it very hard to get the shimmer out of the new york puff. i actually cut mine open (there is a sachet and a sponge inside in case you wondered)
I like the idea of this product, i will look for cheaper alternatives.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I had read so much about these Powders in magazines, and was curious about the hype behind it. So I decided to purchase one, I bought 'Kitten Goes To New York'. It's a copperish glitter. The box is very pretty, the black puff is cute. It shows up nicely, but by the end of the day, I see nothing. I do like the product, but hardly ever use it. I bought it probably 8 months ago, and have used it maybe 3 times. Just something I wouldn't buy agian.

on 8/10/2003 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Love it love it love it! Sexy subtle shimmer - looks great on body or hair, tiny glitter particles that refract light without looking too obvious. Lovely scent too.

on 11/9/2003 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this for myself as a birthday present 2 years ago, and although it is completely overpriced, I think it's adorable. The container is cute (wish it wasn't cardboard though), the scent is nice, and the pink-copper glitter is "just right". I have had no problems getting the powder out of the puff. The glitter lasts a reasonable amount of time, but I've found I can keep it around even longer if I "poof" it on just before my lotion dries (it seems to 'catch' it and hold it). I don't use it often, but it makes me feel totally girly when I do, and for that I rate it highly.