Creative Nail Design Dry & Shine

No Image

4.3

WATER, CYCLOMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE COPOLYOL

on 9/3/2004 5:52:00 AM

This is an okay product, it is suppose to increase the shine on the color of the polish. It is like waxing a car. apply wait until a dull matte color and polish off. Great for touch ups. But I would not repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I didn't actually buy it so I have no idea what it costs. The girl who gave me the manicure at the salon used this product on my nails and I really liked it. I do think it helped speed up the drying process. It was quite nice. When I got home I took a cotton ball and sort of polished the nails a bit and it definitely made them shinier. Loves it. Comes in a sort of pale blue shade in a ball a-la-benefit-product like container.

on 2/18/2005 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have used Dry 'n Shine at certain nail salons and found it to ba very effective product. First, one applies the Dry 'n Shin and lets it dry.

Then one buffs it off. The nails are then perfectly dried.

Interesting product.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

HG HG HG!! i use this over Seche Vite and POW my mani is twice as shiny compared to just using Seche alone!! my mani looks like glass, its that shiny! the best part is that my mani is still really shiny after 3 days! usually by day 3 my nailpolish is a little dull with little scratch marks on it. but now using Seche Vite with Dry&Shine, my mani still looks suprisingly fresh and still glass-like. Easy to apply, i applied it a little uneven too, and it didn't matter. Wait until you can see your nails are dull, then gently buff off. I just used a cotton shirt and worked wonderfully =) i also love that cool sensation as its drying, it seems like it dries all the nailpolish layers right down to the nailbed! will always repurchase!

Ok, I have had this in the back of my nail collection. Recently I asked nailboard how to dry my ultra glossy Creative Nail Design Super Shiney. That top coat would be a HG for me... if it would dry faster, darn it! By the time 10 hours go buy my Super Shiney is still wet and I get sheet marks!

On a whim I tried this today over Super Shiney. Voila! I used it gloppy at first. Nothing happened but I wiped it away. Then I reapplied. PRESTO! Super shiny glossy and DRY nails. I was blown away.

If you are looking for a different type of nail dryer and you have tried drops and sprays and thick gloopy speed dry top coats, I would recommend that you try Dry and Shine in conjunction with a very slow drying but very stable and protective top coat such as Super Shiney. Also China Glaze's No-Chip Top Coat is my other stable and protective top coat but I like Super Shiney better. Hope you like it as much as I do.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was recommended this from the nailboard, so I bought one off ebay (even though it was $13.00 USD). It does what it says, drys and shines, to a super shiny glass-like surface. You paint it on like polish and it says to use around the nail as well, then wait till it turns dull (mine never does) and buff. I use OPI Experttouch pads to buff it. I'm pretty impatient after I do my nails, but this lessened my fears of ruining a nice home manicure. It's expensive IMO, but you get a big bottle of product. It also smells like lemons and has aloe and horse chestnut extract. I admit that I also use Salon enamel nail dryer spray for UV protection, so I don't know if it is both items keeping my nail smudge-free or not. If you can try it at a salon first- ask about it.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I saw this on the website that it will conditin your cuticles and dry your polish by evaporating the fumes and once it looks dull, polish lightly with a cotton pad or buffer to attain glossy, hi-shine nails which dries faster than normal... It does work but only thing that makes one lippie down is that it look dried but when i polish the surface, sometimes i may end up streaking one or two nail surface which has yet to dry thoroughly...

on 10/9/2007 4:29:00 PM

Ok, I'm not really sure what the point of this product is. I followed the directions exactly... put it on over my mani and waited a few minutes. It didn't get to a "cloudy" color but I had waited long enough for that to happen so I figured I would try buffing it off anyways. Smudged my polish really bad. This seemed like more of a hassle than it was worth for me. I'll stick to my Seche Vite.

on 11/12/2007 12:09:00 AM

I use this with every manicure. I apply a layer after my topcoat (usually Shiney), wait 10 min, then buff dry. I am now on my 4th bottle, and couldn't live without this product. I never wake up with sheet marks on my nails. And it cools my nails, also, which feels nice. Will repurchase over and over.

on 12/2/2008 1:48:00 PM

Another huge rave for CND! I bought this last week in conjunction with Super Shiney (also reviewed) - I've been using Stickey for a while and been really happy with it, so I figured what the heck. Years ago Orly used to put out a similar looking product to Dry & Shine called (I think) top2bottom, and I was devastated when that was discontinued. Now I feel like I have it back. I did my nails last night at around 11, used the product as directed, went to bed at 12, and woke up this a.m. with perfectly dry, glass-smooth nails with NO marks. Since I tend to do my nails late or on the run, this is absolutely a must-have product - probable HG!

Popular Top/Base Coats