OPI Passion

OPI Passion

4.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I got this in a set as a mini. I am buying a full size this morning. I love it!!!! I swore off all warmish beigey toned sheers because all I tried left that yellowish tinge on the white tips. Am I glad I tried this one!

This is Bubble Bath's warmer twin sister! Sheer with a glaze of clean ballet pink. I use 2 coats, no streaking at all, tips show clean, not yellowed at all. It has a peachy pink undertone, but sheer warm nude pink is the overall impression.

No chips for a full week. Then a few, but I got 10 days out of the last application, and the chips were not visible without close inspection. What gave it away was nail growth.

I prefer this to Bubble Bath even, which I like better than Essie Mademoiselle.

I applied this over Nail Envy, and that really increases wear time on any polish. I also like to pair it with Essie Waltz on the tips for a sheer white tip (goofproof, sheer so if you wobble, the tips still look great). That gives a soft focus French mani look without the effort because I can freehand paint the sheer white, and then 2 coats of Passion on top.

I also like it just by itself. My normal nail tips are a bit transparent, so they don't show up much at all without the Waltz, but 2 coats of Passion do NOT create any yellowish tip line showing thru.

OK EDITED TO ADD: I went to buy the full size bottle, and my OPI dealer has the full line, including Passion BUT IT ISN'T the same colour in the bottle. The clerk said it must be because of age, it's faded. The stuff in the bottle marked Passion is an ugly yellowish pale beige like the colour you DON'T want to see on your fingertips, NO peach, no life, So nope, till I can find the right Passion in the peachy pale that matches my little mini I'm not budging.

on 11/10/2015 9:13:00 PM

Love Love Love this colour!! The sheerest if peachy pinks... great for a French manicure or a delicate looking natural nail...just a blush of colour. I am a fair skinned redhead and find it difficult to find the perfect shade...most are too pink for my complextion. 5 stars!!!

To Read all 101 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Its too light and makes my me look pale. Not good on my skin tone.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is such a lovely nude pink shade. My nails look so pretty & healthy.. I love it! Perfect for those who want natural looking finish.

on 8/11/2014 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I went to my nail shop and actually saw this beautiful sheer color on someone else's nails and toenails. I thought she had a french manicure of which my nail tech told me it was just nail polish. Now I am a bit old school and when I think 'french manicure' I think a sheer creme-like soft color as I saw paired with an off-white nail tip color. I picked up the bottle and saw it was OPI "Passion" and decided I would close out the summer month of August with this gorgeous color. If you like sheer color you will love this color. I did have the tech apply three coats for the color to show on my honey-brown skin...it is GORGEOUS. ♥

on 7/5/2014 7:57:00 PM

This a sheer pink polish which I really love. I don't paint my nails very often but thought I would try to do it more often. I didn't want a dark color, that is too much maintenance for me. I thought this would be easy and you wouldn't see the chips as easily. I was right! This is perfect. It is also very shiny. It is just a nice neutral, sheer pink that works well with any clothing and makeup. Even though I don't paint my nails often, when I do I always buy OPI, it is a great brand that holds up well. I will repurchase this again.

on 6/19/2014 2:05:00 PM

Way to sheer and after 5 coats it pretty much looked like they color of my nails anyway. I'll use it as a base coat.

Saw this color on ItsJudy'sLife youtube channel. Love this shade of pink, it really is a great transition to spring shade! My only complaint is how thin/liquid this polish seems. As long as I use a larger bead of polish on brush, it works fine. Now if I could only get rid of the winter dry skin & hangnails!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

When I started applying this I freaked out at how sheer it was but after 4 coats it is the PERFECT colour. Not opaque but a gorgeous, light, classy pink, very shiny and a flawless finish. Thrilled with this purchase.

on 12/28/2013 12:42:00 AM

Insanely pretty! My nails look like they just plied off the set of La Sylphide. Elegant, delicate, and evocatively girly. Although understated, this shade's polished perfection packs a big punch - this is the color of youth and health. I found three coats to be necessary.

Popular Polishes