3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

Green, Sweet & Fresh! I am a fresh/clean kind of perfume wearer and I can’t tolerate spicy or sweet gourmands so this is right up my alley. I purchased the 1.7 oz at Macy’s and this perfume has a green tart/sweet fresh smell. When you first spray it comes off very citrus and sharp and quickly settles down to a slightly sweet fresh smell almost like a shampoo. I was looking for a green dewy clean fragrance and this is so amazing. I do think it’s a little expensive at $55 for the 1.7 oz but it’s such a pretty fragrance.

About reviewer (147 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

3 years ago

I wore a bit of Calyx when I was in high school. At the time, it was a revelation to me - zesty, fresh, completely atypical to what everyone else wore (mostly B&BB - this was pre-internet after all. these kids don't even know how we all looked before youtube tutorials). I received a full bottle for Christmas one year and cherished it to the last drop. I remember asking a male friend which of two perfumes I was wearing (one on each wrist) was the sexier one. He chose the non-Calyx, and like a pubescent idiot, his opinion tarnished my Calyx love. Well, hate to break it to you, but he was wrong. In my humble opinion, Clinique Calyx smells exactly how I remember Prescriptives era Calyx smelling. Tart-sweet, with something under all its layers I can't get enough of. An ephemeral quality hiding in such a strong fragrance - you have to sniff around to catch it before it runs away. It warms up and mellows on my skin beautifully. It's strong, with throw, and for-real lasting power. It's a nice little monster of a fragrance. In a strange way, it does smell a little dated, but its presence is also somewhat of a sensory surprise. It has a bit of a startling vibe to it. I'm really glad the scent and bottle are both the same. I think whoever made the decision over at Clinique to snap this up was a huge fan and just wanted Calyx to stick around and never change.

About reviewer (542 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

I love this fragrance and have been wearing it for years! It has a light, citrus sent. I'm often stopped by strangers who ask me what I'm wearing.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination

EyesHazel

3 years ago

I like this a lot. It's really strange and unusual. I watched Katie Puckrick's review and I do see this as being a precursor to Carnal Flower. Very nice. Initially it's too much, but after about 15 minutes this smells fruity and interesting. I think the underlying papaya scent is a little gross, but overall this smells very fresh and crisp and pretty. I just hate papaya so I do feel like it peeks out, but really it's overpowered by the other billion fruits in here. It smells like someone took every possible tropical fruit, threw them into a blender, then threw in a lot of white flowers. It's completely weird, but in a nice way.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

3 years ago

Used to love this way back.

About reviewer (56 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

3 years ago

Loved it over 20 years ago and still love it. It's a fresh, lively summer scent. Not for everybody, but certainly one of my favorites.

About reviewer (121 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGray

4 years ago

I absolutely adore this fragrance! I wore it waaay back when in the 80s....just found it again recently. It is fresh and light and it mellows out on the skin beautifully. It wears a long time:) Back then I wore it all the time and just loved the smell...today 30 years later it is just lovely but now it reminds me of Johnsons baby shampoo. And trust me there is no smell as beautiful as freshly washed baby hair! I hope that is what Heaven smells like! And as an added bonus the scent repels mosquitos! I am usually a "bug buffet" but if I spritz my legs...no bites! Seriously. People ask me all the time what it is. :)

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

EyesBlue

4 years ago

something about calyx idk but it is a beautiful fragrance and to me it smells zesty and very ripe not like a perfume but like the produce dept of a grocery store and th bottle reminds me of a caterpillar the 3.4 oz size idk but this is my favorite as far as fruity fresh perfumes are concerned although I like dkny be delicious as well but calyx has a fresher vibe as to where dkny is a bit synthetic and perfumey

About reviewer (126 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

from

4 years ago

Fragrance is such a personal thing. That being said i love calyx. To me it is a blast of freshness. I find it to be young light and fresh. I always feel that when someone calls a scent old lady it means different things to different people. To me this is young and light. Personally i find orientals to be old lady.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair-Medium

5 years ago

I really like this scent it blends well with my natural scent. I saw this at Kohls and it was love at first sniff! I really like citrusy florals and this fits the bill in my book. I purchased the travel size and am really loving this as a warm weather scent. I couldn't see this on me in the winter as I prefer a warmer scent, but right now this is really nice. I like how when this dries it smells like my skin but better. A little also goes a long way with Calyx and the scent lasts for a very long time on me. My boyfriend likes it as well and I've noticed I get the most compliments on my scent when it's something like Calyx. I also wear DKNY Be Delicious Fresh Blossom, Coach Poppy, Magie Noir, and Happy. I also own some musks and sweet scents but this is one of my favorite scents. It's clean, fruity, and fresh. I love how it works with my chemistry and really enjoy how long this lasts. Even though this came out in the 80's I still feel it applies to today. To me it's a timeless scent that I really love! Recommended!

About reviewer (912 reviews)

Age36-43