The Body Shop Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover

The Body Shop Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Coco-Glucoside, Carbomer, Algae Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Polyacrylate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I like this product! I think that it does the job when it comes to removing my makeup. I have a few pros and cons with it. I'll start with the pros: It is gentle to my sensitive skin. It removes my eye makeup with the use of only a small amount squeezed on a cotton pad for each eye. It is unscented, and alcohol-free, thus it does not irritate my eyes. It comes in three convenient sizes, I own both the large and travel sizes.
Now for the cons: I do not think this is an outstanding product; it does not out-perform any of the drugstore removers I have used (my drugstore favourite is neutrogena's remover in the blue bottle). I do not use waterproof mascara, but I have heard that it does not excel in that area. The price. A large bottle of this can cost you up to 16 CAD, depending on whether you have the body shop membership card, or if it's on sale (I like to pick a couple bottles of them up during the buy 3 get 3 free sales). Overall, I do like this product and have repurchased it a few times now. If you can pick it up during a sale, then I think that it is worth it. However I also think that anyone can do just as well with the neutrogena remover--and you can save yourself the extra trip to the mall by its availability at any local drug store.

I was thoroughly unimpressed with this product. I found it did virtually nothing with waterproof mascara, but that wasn't a criteria I had for it since it didn't claim to do anything in regards to waterproof makeup and the word "gentle" was in the title. I was more upset that it didn't remove my regular, boring mascara (Wet 'n Wild Mega Length) or all my eyeshadow. It seemed to only work top-down and required multiple applications and wiping to remove the residue from eyeshadow applied over primer, even when I didn't use my finishing spray!

It wasn't strong enough to combat just Sugarpill eyeshadow without primer or finishing spray. Even the shades that don't stain. Even just Wet 'n Wild eyeshadows didn't come off fully. If nothing else, a makeup remover should remove eyeshadow! It wasn't very efficient on any of my eyeliners (Pixi, Urban Decay 24/7, Essence gel, NYX studio liquid, Essence waterproof liquid.) It should remove SOMETHING fully! Just. No.

Competent powder foundations that aren't streaky or glorified finishing powders aren't even fully dissolved with this. I found it's only strength is in removing crappy eyeliner... the kind that dissolves and smudges across my eye and the mascara that's just glorified pigment in oil. So, makeup without any kind of staying powder comes off efficiently.

To Read all 253 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

This is a really good emr. Its actually really gentle and doesnt sting or turn my eyes red like most. Its doesnt remove all eye makeup which is why i removed one lippy but thats why i use it before cleansing. It does remove most.

I like this product I use it in my night time routine. I don't use this alone so I don't mind that it might not remove everything. Plus you get a lot of product so doing it twice does not bother me. Love the smell and my skin is super sensitive and this product does not cause a reaction to my skin.

on 2/1/2015 10:49:00 PM

got this in my stocking, and it's ok, but doesn't completely remove my mascara. I don't think I'd purchase this again, but I'll use the rest of the bottle.

on 1/31/2015 3:38:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I'm giving this a bad review simply because I don't think it delivers what it's supposed to do: remove eye makeup. It can remove eye shadow, but I always struggle to completely remove eyeliner and mascara (non waterproof).
Also, if I pour a bit too much on the cotton pad it does sting my eyes a little bit.

on 9/30/2014 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This remover sting my eyes so much than any other remover that i have. It also leave some kind of residue behind, after each use it feels kind of sticky around my eyes area. Also, it can't clean waterproof makeup properly.

I just have high hope for this product because i really like the water based make up remover. I won't repurchase

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I really like this eye makeup remover as I can't use anything too harsh on my sensitive eye area.
It removes most of my eye makeup which is very tricky and painful to remove alone, leaving only a little residue under my eyes that I then wipe off with a makeup wipe.

I also love the texture of this product. The fact it is liquid instead of a cream makes it easier to use and doesn't leave a greasy residue.

I feel this won't be everyone's cup of tea however as it requires you to hold a cotton pad over your eye for a minute to let the solution emulsify the makeup.

This is okay for getting eye makeup off but I still wake up with a little mascara under my eyes however much I wipe my eyes with it. Stings my eyes a bit too so not great for a gentle brand. Same results as cheaper removers so I won't purchase again.

on 6/13/2014 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I've had a bottle of this for so long, and I just never ever reach for it. The first few times I used this "eye make-up remover", it seemed to leave a ton of make-up behind (especially mascara, and I don't even wear waterproof mascaras) and burned my eyes. Even after wasting 3 cottons per eye, I'd still wake up to raccoon eyes and mascara flakes - so obviously it's not only wasteful, but terribly ineffective at doing what it's supposed to.

It feels like water which is nice, but again, doesn't remove much aside from maybe some powder eyeshadow or non-tenacious eyeliner. But if I wear my usual eyeliner and mascara, forget it. Switched to oil (jojoba, mineral, etc) or oil cleansers (Softymo White), which remove everything without that weird silicone residue eye make-up removers tend to leave. And doesn't leave a trace of eyeliner or mascara on my face. Much better!

No repurchase, considering I can't even use up what I already bought.