The Body Shop Grape seed glossing serum

The Body Shop Grape seed glossing serum

4.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Cyclopentasiloxane (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Dimethiconol (Skin/Hair Conditioning Agent), Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil (Skin Conditioner), Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil (Hair & Skin Conditioning Agent), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Parfum (Fragrance), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient

I have fine, long and dry hair which naturally dries into beachy waves, but can easily be beaten into submission with a hair straightener. This product is pretty good for my hair. It makes them feel much, much smoother and look slightly shinier. It's not the best thing in the world, but it's nice and not too pricey. The thing I like best about it is that it soaks into my porous, Indian hair after 15 minutes of application (I always tend to go overboard with application of hair products, so this is a very good thing for me) and just leaves behind a silky film that feels very nice when I run my hands through my hair. I'm sure there are better products for my hair type out there, but this is still pretty great.

did absolutely nothing to my slightly frizzy hair! N-o-t-h-i-n-g!!! It smells nice, not expensive for a hair serum, easy-to-use pump packaging, doesn't have an oily feeling but does nothing! Maybe first 5 minutes after applying hair looks fine but then BOOM! frizzy beast is back again! gave it to my mum, maybe she will have more luck with this...

on 5/24/2016 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I just want to ask if by applying grapeseed gossing serum on hair (who is at the age of near 48) make his hair grow white? have noticed quite a bit of white hairs since started applying this serum or it could just be naturally growing white.
can someone please give me any suggestions?

on 12/29/2015 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Though the product smells great, and i love the way my hair feels when I apply this serum every time, the product is simply not good enough and long lasting enough for people with frizzy hair... (I guess most people who buy oil serums do so because their hair is frizzy)...

Thus, I will opt for another hair serum which is more long lasting and which doesn't need to be applied on every 20 min or so.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This smells very good and isn't too greasy. It softens and smoothes down any frizz I have. I wish it could be a tad more moisturizing, but it adds decent shine. I like that it comes with a pump. It comes in a small bottle, but a little of the serum is needed for my hair. While I like other serums more than this, this one is pretty good for my hair. My hair feels and looks healthy.

I'm on my second bottle of this, and I really like this product. It gives a tiny bit of moisture and helps my dry hair look shiny. My hair feels silky and smooth. The price is also pretty good compared to similar products.

on 4/27/2015 1:22:00 AM

I bought this because I saw so many good opinions about it.And now I'm really glad I did it.It was a sample at the shop so I tried this on my dry hair and I felt immediately a very soft and shiny hair!it's amazing this product and it seems to be the best serum I have ever tried!fantastic!The price is also good ,not so expensive and trust me that a little goes a long way.The smell is light but long-lasting into your hair so overall I love this product and definitely will buy It again!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this because of the MUA reviews and I needed to add something to my cart for the B3G3 sale. I wasn't too impressed by this serum due to the fact that it didn't make my thick, coarse, color-treated hair feel silky smooth like other serums have. Maybe it's because this is more natural than other products I've tried before but it doesn't reflect light very well to make my hair even look shiny. The only positive about this serum is that it soaks into the hair without making it look or feel greasy and it has a pleasant fresh scent. I would only repurchase this if I needed to add 1 more item to my shopping cart for a sale and couldn't find anything else. Still searching for that HG product....

on 12/31/2014 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I'm comparing this product with a much cheaper (and better) alternative: Garnier Sleek & Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment.

In comparison, this 'serum' (it is more oily than 'serum-y') is:
-Oily in the way that when you apply it, it sticks to certain strands of hair, spreading unevenly
-Strongly scented (Garnier has a slight vanilla scent)
-Messy, because it is hard to wash off of your hands, and even gets the bottle itself and anything around it oily and slippery

This product does not even make my hair shiny, soft, brushable (I have naturally straight hair that gets tangled easily), or light-reflecting the way Garnier does. It sounds like I'm sponsoring Garnier but really, don't waste your money.

Overall this is a waste of money, and I recommend that you buy the MUCH cheaper alternative.

on 8/29/2014 11:00:00 PM

I've tried a few brands of hair products since I started having long hair. To my personal experience for my hair application, this product is much better than the Faceshop Damage Coating Essence: lighter, smell better, better feeling of smoothness.

I apply on wet hair to reduce hair greasy effect, it blends well to my hair.

It's a good try to use it after my shampooing and using Schwarzkopf BC Moisture Kick, my hair will easy to comb, soft and long-lasting.

Popular Hair Products