3.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 months ago

As i am reading the reviews for this hardener, I am thinking that I should have bought the tinted version instead. I do find that this hardener makes my nails harder....but I don't quite like how it performs under polish. On it's own, it looks like your standard clear polish . But like another reviewer mentioned... as a base coat it makes applying colored polish streaky and kinda patchy (and yes, i did wait for this to dry first before applying polish). I am thinking maybe this treatment dries tacky? and bc of it being tacky.. i find my manicure lasts A LOT longer. Before my polish would start chipping after a couple days...but using this underneathe...my polish lasts a good week before it starts to chip!! All i all, i do like this hardener but will try the tinted version next time.

About reviewer (913 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

not a fan maybe if you wear it alone but as a base or top coat terrible it bleeds and make my polish streaky

About reviewer (125 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

SALLY HANSEN Hard As Nails Clear Hardener

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

from

2 years ago

This stuff is horrible. I use and LOVE the Sally Hansen *Advanced* Hard as Nails Strengthening, but that is not available in my country, so when I ran out I thought "oh, this is probably the same thing". It is not! That "Advanced" part really does make the difference betweeen my favourite base coat/nail strengthener of all time, and this - possibly my least favourite of all time. On is own it chips within the day. As a basecoat the polish chipped in less than 24 hours (and usually polish can last a good week for me). Don't buy this - but if you have access to it, I wholeheartedly reccomend the Advanced version.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

To be honest, I didn't really believed in this kind of products as I've used a bunch and none of them seem to work. After I took the gel off, my nails were in horrible shape - ripped and very thin (I've always had thin nails, but this time it was much worse) so I went to Sephora searching something that will harden my nails, even a little bit. I bought this in November 2016 and I'm still using it in April 2017 and I have left about three quarters of it (I use this before I apply nail polish, about once or twice a week) and I did not realize that it works until I found myself having long, hard and healthy nails without them breaking and exfoliating. I love this product and given the fact that is relatively cheap, I recommend it to anyone who needs a nail treatment that really works. The only thing is that you need to be patient.

About reviewer (93 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

3.0

3 years ago

My second favorite nail polish. My first is their nail strengthener. It didn't chip for a while compared to colored polishes, however It did chip before the strengthener did, the strengthener takes longer to chip compared to this. It does take about three coats to be shiny, but it's nice and shiny. It dries somewhat fast, however the strengthener dried quicker than this. I like how it comes in actual plastic packaging, so you know it's not tampered with.

About reviewer (109 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

3 years ago

This does not harden or strengthen my nails, it peels off within the same day, sometimes it forms air bubbles under it, doesn't help keep nail polish on. A very useless product.

About reviewer (41 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

3 years ago

This is terrible! I had fully applied my nail polish and let it fully dry. Applied this ontop (the packaging said no chip!) and within minutes, the polish turned to mush and essentially slid off my nails! I removed everything and started over applying this as a base coat. It wouldn't even apply evenly! I let it dry and applied polish ontop and it bubbled. This product is awful! DO NOT USE!

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

4 years ago

This is what I call a Staple. Everyone should use this whether you need to strengthen nails or seal a manicure for extra longevity- Hard as Nails gets the job done!

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

3.0

5 years ago

Really makes my nails feel stronger and harder!

About reviewer (1039 reviews)

Age30-35