Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel
Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.7

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HG alert!!!! I'd been using the DDML for many years until the oil-free gel came out. This is the perf moisturizer for using after Clinique toner & cleanser. My skin has needed a bit of a change it'd been a little lack luster so I got cadaulie sorbet to try for the colder weather now that is winter where I live. I think Clinique has the best moisturizers esp if u want to address a specific need (e.g. This comes in cream for dry skin; DDML for normal/combo & the gel for oily/acne prone skin). The 3 step can be totally tweaked to be what's the unconventional I use 1.0 clarifying "lotion" (why do they insist on calling these lotion?!) it is alcohol free & has salicylic acid or #1 (traditionally for dry skin but is gentler than #2 less alcohol). Liquid soap for oily skin, bar soap for oily skin, 1.0 astringent & dramatically different gel (w eye depuffer) are my evday skincare HG. DDMG is lightweight non greasy fast absorbed & has never broken me out. I'm just starting to experiment w other (non-DS) brands. this makes clean & clear not so good unless ur on an extreme budget, a teen or have no Clinique counters or can't order online. I think this would be suitable for most teens skincare needs too. It is $14 for 1oz iirc & I prefer the tube packaging, it lets you get every drop out & this frugal gal wants to waste none. I've repurchased countless times I hope they never D.C. this becoz it is seriously amazing for oily skin, it's a myth that oily skin doesn't need moisturizer it just needs the right kind (something light, noncomedogenic, & oil free that won't suffocate it nor clog pores/won't exacerbate nor cause acne).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have super oily skin and can never find a moisturizer that keeps my skin hydrated without causing breakouts. This is my holy grail moisturizer! I hope they never stop making it.

on 9/7/2016 2:10:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm not really sure this "moisturized" at all. It's great because it won't irritate your skin or clog your pores but it really just sat on top of my skin. You also have to be cautious about what foundation you layer over this - my foundation which has some oil in it balled up on top of this like crazy.

My skin is all over the place - it can go from dry and flaky to extremely oily depending on weather and diet so I thought this would be great for me! It seems like there is a lot of silicone in this so I'd say it's more of primer for a water or silicone based foundation than a moisturizer.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I bought this product just before going on the accutane treatment so i haven't used it in awhile, having to use a heavier moisturizer while on this treatment. But while i was using it and had far oilier skin it was almost perfect. The gel felt far better than a cream - which is a great idea because moisturizing cream (even for oily/combination skin) felt terrible on top of oily skin, greasy, slimy ect. It sinks into your skin fast and didn't look shiny afterwards. If you have oily to combination skin i think this'd be really good for you.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

For years I used the Dramatically Different Moisturizing cream, and it worked wonderfully on my normal -> combo sometimes angry skin. By accident, I bought the gel instead (they have deceptively similar packaging, and obviously an almost identical name) and though I'd just try it to see how it stacked up.

Compared to the cream, it feels almost medicinal instead of soothing, and the smell isn't pleasant. Not bad, but something you'd expect from a peel. Oddly, for me it didn't have half the moisturizing power that the cream did, and I ended up only using it if I was reapplying makeup more than once per day as a base layer.

The only pro is that it does dry fast, and it's an adequate first step for a makeup routine if you aren't looking for a lot of moisturizing.

on 6/14/2016 10:00:00 AM

just okay.

i have combination skin that is primarily oily but tends to dry out around my mouth and eyebrows. had to mix this with an oil to combat that dryness effectively, or else use too much product. at the same time, the more oily parts of my face felt a touch filmy after using this. the part of the experience i am least satisfied w is the finish; i feel like it doesn't absorb evenly and looks shiny and strange.

pretty modest pricewise, but i'd rather pay more for a better result.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

very hydrating, but I've repeatedly found that when I wear this a few days in a row I get some pimples. this isn't for me.

on 5/1/2016 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Have combination skin with occasional breakouts (in my 30s veering towards oily).

Use this day and night and did not break me out inspite of me using a serum and sunscreen with it in the morning and essence, serum in the evening.

initially feels heavy but disappears in a few seconds. is an important element of skincare for combination / oily skins as this skin type needs moisture.

Is indeed oil and fragrance free and would definitely purchase again.

Update after 2 months of usage: Too oily if you live in a hot / humid country and are struggling with acne prone skin. I actually went back to using Kiehls gel but use this once in a while when I need extra hydration.

on 4/24/2016 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Since Clinique isn't cruelty-free, I won't repurchase this. But the product itself is solid. It feels fresh and clean on the skin, in comparison to moisturizers that are too thick and feel greasy. The downside to this is that I can only use this in summer when I don't have problems with dryness. The rest of the year, I have to wear something a bit more moisturizing, at least when I'm in western Europe.

I do not use this anymore as my skin concerns have changed. It did use this for years and found it to be a really good moisturizer.