Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel
Dramatically Different Moisturizing GelDramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.9

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Like many oily skinned people have already mentioned, the lotion version of this was too much but the moisture level of the gel is just right. I use cleansers and toners for oily skin and need a lightweight moisturizer; it absorbs into my skin without leaving it feeling greasy, just soft and hydrated. I've tried oil free moisturizers that have left my skin feeling tacky or sticky, this product is altogether different. It's a great base before my foundation and it never makes my skin oiler throughout the day. Highly recommended for oily skin that can use some hydrating.

on 8/14/2016 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Well I had been using this gel for the past few weeks both morning and night. At first I didn't see any adverse reactions it was going on smoothly and moisturising well I thought I had found a great gel. Then my forehead started to break out previous to starting the DDMG my skin was doing really well. If I exfoliated my skin the put on the gel I would find it wasn't enough moisture my skin would still feel tight. Unfortunately I bought the large pump bottle so instead of using it on my face I'm going to use it for my neck and see how that goes. I wouldn't repurchase or recommend I have oily combo skin.

on 7/22/2016 6:49:00 PM

Very good moisturizer and not too expensive. I definitely prefer this gel to the cream. No fragrance.

on 6/16/2016 8:00:00 PM

This is my HG moisturizer. I have normal/oily skin (the t zone is very oily, the rest of my face is normal) and this gel is all I need. I use it twice a day, after cleansing with Estee Lauder's Perfectly Clean cleanser for combination skin and a quick toning with Witch Hazel. My foundation, (Estee Lauder double wear) goes on smoothly and never gets shiny during the day.

on 1/30/2016 6:32:00 PM

I don't understand why everyone loves this so much. I hated it. It wasn't even bad enough to harm me..nothing interesting..nothing. Useless. Like putting nothing on my face that costs a lot of money. Zero points. Blah. At the end I couldn't even be bothered to finish it so threw it away..

I have bought the Clinque Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel last year recommended by a co-worker. Although she had purchased in the past the Lotion which is for Dry skin the women behind the counter recommended the Gel since I have combo/oily skin and still get breakouts. I really loved the packaging (it has a pump) and it feels smooth and absorbed into my skin very quickly. I ended up running out so I bought an over the counter Garnier gel for dry skin and that works fine- I just dont like the packaging on the garnier (a container that you have to dip your fingers into it.) I have mature skin, (I am 50) so I went back to the clinque counter to possibly purchased the Lotion instead. I found out the lotion contains mineral oil and I know that would reek havic on my maturing combo skin that occasionally breaks out! Now some mature skin can handle mineral oil but unfortunetly with my sensitive skin I didnt want to chance it. Overall I really like this product - even though its oil free for my mature skin I use alot of other products to balance it out- such as Hyloranic acid, vitamin C for serums I like to use the Clinque Moisturizing gel over it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I thought that when I reached this stage in life (on the cusp of turning 50), my skin would be parched dry and I would need heavy creams. I'm definitely wrong on that as I still have normal/oily combo skin that cannot tolerate creams and my skin prefers gel formulas.
I didn't really care for the original Dramatically Different Moisturizer and I found that too greasy for my skin.
I decided to try the new gel formula and it's my favourite daytime moisturizer underneath sunscreen. It's lightweight and feels great on my skin and no break outs.
The pump container is great too.
I recommend this moisturizer if you have oily or normal/oily skin, but definitely do a patch test first.

EDIT to add: I've downgraded this review to 2.5 lipsticks. It seems that this moisturizer makes my skin look dehydrated. It's best for very oily skin types.

on 7/15/2015 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was my HG moisturizer for 20 years, until I reached my mid 40s. It is perfect for my sensitive, combination skin. Then, as I aged, it was not enough on it's own so I switched to more "heavy duty" products with anti-aging properties, etc. I found a bunch of sample tubes (part of GWP) in the back of my cabinet, and was using them for a purse hand cream. BTW, it's awesome for this.

The other day, I tried it instead of my usual serum after cleansing in the morning, but before my day cream. It was amazing. It smoothed my fine lines like my serum does, but is light for summer use. I rediscovered an old friend and I will continue to use it, even when I have to purchase it.

on 4/26/2015 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Love it! My skin is normal to dry, this is an excellent moisturizer . Emollient, it gives moisture and hydration to the skin..without being heavy or thick.I use it before makeup and it is just fine.,one of the best I have tried, fragrance free, Clinique has wonderful products and this is one of them.
I use the plus formula for dry skin. My skin is at times reactive l didn't react to that nice moisturizer

on 4/28/2014 6:30:00 AM

Product caused acne breakouts ...I went to my derm who advised me to avoi Clinique products like the plague. ...she actually advised me to use some Estee Lauder items as they are more suited fir sensitive acne prone skin.