Creative Nail Design Solar Oil

Creative Nail Design Solar Oil

4.3

Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Tocopheryl Acetate.

on 9/21/2016 6:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Holy Grail nail & cuticle oil. I have tried quite a few from other brands over the years, but none compare to this. This absorbs quickly, but leaves the nail bed and cuticle looking nourished. I have the large round bottle (68ml) and a tiny bottle for my purse (3.7ml). I feel it's really helped with my nails recent growth. The thing with oils is that you have to apply daily and it's not a quick fix, it's going to help new growth outwards, you can't repair the existing nail. The smell isn't the best, but I can appreciate that it's the almond oil in it, and isn't being masked by an unnecessary fragrance. You can't smell it for long and only if you're intentionally trying to. Would recommend to anyone interested in nail care, and will repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Bought this for the reviews but it hasn't helped my nails at all. I have a half bottle remaining and I'm going to discard it because it smells awful. From the day I opened this it smelled like frying oil that has been used too many times. Too expensive (because it doesn't work) the brush is not impressive either.

This among other nail oils hasn't helped my peeling, pitted, breaking and ridged nails at all.

I have then discovered by sheer luck that pure organic coconut oil (from my pantry) has made a massive difference. Save yourself some money, rub a little coconut oil into your fingernails everyday and witness the magic.

To Read all 225 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/14/2016 2:28:00 PM

I bought a tiny bottle of this--.125 oz or something like that. I use it after I polish my nails. It smells like almonds, which is fine, not delicious but not overpowering. I will probably put it in my travel bag, because I am really into cuticle care. The only reason I wouldn't purchase it again is that there are so many that perform as well or better and smell really good, such as Pretty Serious' version.

I wondered why this was called Solar Oil before I tried it, but now I know it makes your nails as radiant as the sun, so the name makes perfect sense. I have always had dry, sad cuticles and weak, puny nails no matter what I did to them. I often tried to cover my nails with polish. But now that I use CND Solar Oil once or twice a day, I have seriously nice nails. I don't need to polish them, which is great because that is time consuming. My cuticles are soft and healthy, my nail beds are a nice pink color, and the tips are white. As a special bonus, Solar Oil smells like delicious almonds, so it's like you've been eating marzipan all day. Sure, it's a little pricey, but a lady's hands are important and should look pretty.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This product costs way more than it needs to. However, it is very effective and I will keep buying it because I can't figure out how to recreate the exact blend that works for my nails, which like to peel. You can purchase all the ingredients in larger bottles separately for about the same cost and make at least thirty times more product than you get in these tiny bottles, but it just isn't the same. I like to use organic jojoba oil when I run out of this, but I always wind up going ahead and spending the money for Solar Oil even though it aggravates me. It really does work, and my nails are stronger and my cuticles don't look like I've just survived a twelve-year Alaskan winter. I've accepted the fact that I have to use it. Some things are just worth the splurge, and this is one of them.

on 8/28/2015 7:17:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have repurchased this twice now, and I am about to get my third bottle.
I started using this in hopes that it would get rid of my peelies and help my nails grow long and strong. I am a recovering nail/cuticle biter and my nails definitely do not show it.
I apply this as a cuticle oil occasionally when my nails are painted, but the main thing I do is apply and massage into dry nails. This has helped them tremendously!
This oil is very moisturizing, and I can definitely tell a difference in how strong they are. I get less breaks and I am able to grow my nails out. I can tell when I stop using this regularly because my nails go back to peeling and breaking.
I would highly recommend!

on 6/22/2015 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I wasn't expecting to like this so much but it's awesome. Much better than Lush Lemony Flutter. And it might sound weird but I think this is the reason lighter color nail polishes work on me now. Before they would always look messy somehow. *shrugs* I don't know. This isn't that expensive if you buy it on Amazon.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Its a shame Sally Beauty Supply no longer carries this product. I've been using it forever. Its the best cuticle oil out there. The almond scent is heavenly. It soaks in quickly & leaves no residue. I use it every night & my manicurist can tell if I skip a few days. Full of good stuff: Sweet Almond Oil, Jojoba Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Almond Fragrance, Tocopherol Acetate(Vitamin E).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I had a teeny tiny bottle of this, and used it per the Nail Board's oiling recommendations. It's the only thing that has gotten my nails healthy and happy. Much less peeling and less brittle. I've ordered more, and I'm trying to use up some other oils, but nothing compares to Solar Oil. If you're having trouble with your nails, give it a go.

on 3/3/2015 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This has really wonderful ingredients. Jojoba Oil is the second ingredient, which is the only oil with molecules small enough to penetrate the nail plate. Once the Jojoba penetrates, it acts as a carrier oil for all the other great ingredients in this product (vitamin E, for example). Without Jojoba oil, nails oils just sit on the surface, so this is really a well balanced oil that is going to deliver some serious moisture to your nails and cuticles.

The only thing I would change about this is the smell. It's not a bad smell, it actually smells rather good (marzipan), I just would prefer a citrusy scent since "solar" makes me think of the sun...and sun ripened oranges...! I'd love to see this released in a variety of scents with the same ingredients.

Popular Treatments