Creative Nail Design Solar Oil

Creative Nail Design Solar Oil

4.3

Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Tocopheryl Acetate.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I like Solar Oil, but I don't think I'd repurchase it when it is gone. I am not a huge fan of the scent, since it just smells like the oils it is made of--primarily almond oil--and I think that there are probably better oils out there for the price. I do like the packaging and the skinny brush, and it has helped my poor, dry cuticles to look better, but I just think it is too expensive for what it is.

on 2/16/2018 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

You really have to be okay with a very strong almond scent with this. I just couldn't get over the strong odor. Also, note for those with allergies it has rice bran oil in it as well. It does feel good on the skin, is rich but soaks in. Sadly the smell was just too much for me, and it lingered longer than I could handle. I prefer plain apricot oil decanted to an empty bottle similar to this style. It has minimal odor (faint apricot smell) and applies nicely, though Solar Oil does seem to soak in quicker and better. If you can handle the smell, you will likely like this. It does a nice job of moisturizing cuticles and the nails. It also helps polishes dry faster without streaking them, when applied over wet polish.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm not sure that it does anything to moisturize my cuticles (way worse than Burt's Bee and Badger Cuticle balm), but it seems that it slowed down its growth.
I must say I never met an oil that did anything good for my skin, body/face/cuticles - none.

UPDATE: I didn't want to throw it away, so by now I used more than half of the bottle. It doesn't moisturize, but it dramatically slowed down the growth of my cuticles. I no longer need a full manicure weekly, only a change of nail polish. Will buy again. it works!

on 11/18/2017 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

A lovely smelling oil! I used this for a long time but didn't notice too much of a difference in my nails and cuticles. I did refill the bottle with pure jojoba oil so I guess it wasn't a total waste.

on 10/24/2017 6:57:00 AM

This is the absolute HG of nail care and I would not be without it.
My nails were in a state after getting acrylics done off an untrained technician and then prising them off myself,went to a proper salon and along with nail envy by opi and regular application of solar oil my nails were finally the longest and strongest they had ever been.
This is works by driving the oil deep into nail with regular application, it smells great too.

on 10/16/2017 9:55:00 AM

This is hands-down (excuse the pun) the best nail and cuticle oil I have ever used. It's on the pricey side but it works much better than less-expensive oils from OPI, Essie, Sally Hansen and so on (and yes, I have tried them all over the years). I get my nails done professionally every two weeks and my manicurist says she sees a real difference in my cuticles: they're a lot less dry and they're easier to push back and remove. This is a HG product for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I had heard people praise Solar Oil for years, but I always figured cuticle oils were all the same NBD which one you use. I was so wrong! I've been having dry cuticles so I bought a bottle of this because it was inexpensive, free of wheat germ oil, and had a brush applicator.

This oil made such a difference in my nails and cuticles! The most impressive thing was that I've had a little hyperkeratosis next to my big toe for more than a decade, and the solar oil made it disappear. If I stop using Solar, it does come back, eventually, but why would I stop at this point?

I keep it on my night stand, and apply it to my toes in the morning, and in the evening too when I can remember. I apply it to my nails in the evening or afternoon , or when I see that they look dry. The oil isn't messy or runny and I love the almond smell.

on 7/29/2017 10:44:00 PM

Too expensive but makes my nails look great. I keep in the bathroom and put on after I wash my hands. Helped me give up my addiction to nail polish (I know there's worse things lol) but it's so nice to give up an expensive time consuming habit. haven't painted my nails in two months and they grow so fast now

on 4/17/2017 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I used to bite my nails really badly and I decided to grow them. I used Nailtiques 2 which was brilliant and I now have lovely nails. As my nails have grown, I don't use the Nailtiques as much but I still use it. When I take it off, my nails can be a bit dry and I'd then start to nibble the dry cuticles!
I found this and decided to buy the Tony bottle to try. I love it! You only need like one brush to coat your nails and then it sinks in like a dry oil and makes my nails look beautiful and they feel much stronger. This is a definite staple in my nail collection now, I wouldn't be without it. This tiny bottle will last me ages but once it's getting low, I will definitely repurchase. My nails look lovely and healthy, strong with no dry or peeling issues, I'm very pleased with it!

Had a tiny bottle of this stuff and emmm... it's not bad but it's also not OMFG I need to stock it right now! kind of thing neither. I can live without it and probably won't even remember it after writing this review.
Used it for dry cuticles and it does moisturize but so does Essence Cuticle Remover Pen and for a fraction of price. Also find pen to be more convenient to use than nail polish like CND Solar Oil especially if you have a shaky hand like mine.

Popular Treatments